Chris Paul & David West Talk About Prosser

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by noballer08, Jul 27, 2007.

1. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Re: Chris Paul & David West Talk About Prosser

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/newsreleas...26july2007.htmlI dont know if some of yall know this, but Coach Prosser who just passed coached both David West and Chris Paul, as well as some other NBA players. Both Paul and West released these statements:Statement from David West:Coach Prosser gave me a chance at Xavier when I came out of high school, he saw what other coaches didn?t and I will forever owe him. He never let me slack and taught me to look at the big picture, but to do the little things to improve every aspect of your life. He was a great coach, leader and friend to me and will be deeply missed.Statement from Chris Paul:I am devastated to hear the news about Coach Prosser. His passing is a tremendous loss for the entire Wake Forest community. He played a very significant role in my life and his influence extended well beyond the game of basketball. He taught me many valuable life lessons and was someone I admired with the utmost respect. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Nancy, and the entire Prosser family.

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

for many athletes, high schoool and college coaches are like fathers....I guess its because so many athletes grow up without in home dads....it says a lot about Prossers charachter that these guys care about him so dearly