Chris Paul, Spurs Believed To Have Mutual Interest

Discussion in 'San Antonio Spurs' started by truebluefan, May 25, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Chris Paul is widely expected to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers this offseason in free agency, but the San Antonio Spurs are lurking as a potential destination.

“I know they’re concerned about their point guard position," said Zach Lowe on The Lowe Post podcast. "Dejounte Murray looks good, but he’s not ready yet."

"They need a bridge there, right?" said Kevin Arnovitz. "They need a little bit of a bridge between (Tony) Parker and Murray."

"Maybe Mills is the bridge but Mills is about to get expensive and I think we saw in this series that he's just not a drive and kick guy. That's just who he is. Patty Mills is great for what he is.

"I know there's been a lot of rumblings about Chris Paul, and I think that's real. I think there's mutual interest there. I don't know how real it is given that the Clippers can offer a gigantic amount of money and are also a really good team. The Spurs, like I said, have no sort of cap flexibility to get there. I'm very curious about what they do this summer and who's on the team next year. And maybe rolling it back is all they can end up doing."

Audio at the link: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/10528553