Chris Porter....

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Vyper, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    ..whatever happened to Chris Porter??

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Yeah, I been wondering as well. He was pretty good before he just disappeared.

3. yangyang42

yangyang42 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">..whatever happened to Chris Porter??</div>

Man... I remember his Afro. He was pretty athletic. If anyone can enlighten us on his whereabouts, it would be great.

4. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

i can tell you that vonteego cummings is playing on a european team coached by none other than john starks.

5. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

CHRIS PORTER - QUICK FACTS
    - Named SEC Player of the Year and 2nd Team All-America in 1998-99, his first year at Auburn.
    - Appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated in November 1999.
    - Selected by Golden State as 55th overall pick in the 2000 NBA Draft.
    - Averaged 8.6 ppg and 3.7 rpg with the Warriors in 2000-01.
    - Traded to Charlotte on October 25, 2001. Was soon waived.
    - Signed with Oliveirense (Portugal) in August 2003.

http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/porter_sierra.htm

Chris Porter released - Jan 7, 2004 - by Eurobasket Portugal
    Oliveirense issued a statement in which they announce the termination of Chris Porter's contract. Oliveirense claims that Porter failed to show up in the team's training sessions for more than a week without prior authorization and due to this situation, opted to release the player. Porter, a former NBA player, was averaging 16,5 points, 6 rebounds and 2,5 assists, totalizing 21 efficiency points per game.

http://www.eurobasket.com/POR/por.asp?NewsNo=17

6. yangyang42

Ouch... I knew he was out of the NBA... but I thought he might be working hard to come back.....

i guess not...

7. yangyang42

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">i can tell you that vonteego cummings is playing on a european team coached by none other than john starks.</div>

Wow. John Starks was a baller back when he was with the Knicks. He became pretty useless after he came to the Warriors. But dang, I'm surprised that he's coaching now. I'm even more surprised that he's coaching Vontego Cummings!? haha... it's a small world after all.

8. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Please never mention Vonteego ever again. Jeez that brings back one of the Warriors worst draft/trades ever, Mookie and Vonteego for the pick that would be....Jason Terry. Now Terry is not a worldbeater but the guy is a winner, he won at Arizona and I think he will eventually win somewhere.

9. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

talk about disappearing, Where'd that Steve Logan guy go? It seems like the Warriors just dump their second round picks in the garbage, Except for that fool named Gilbert, but to me he's garbage now.

10. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Logan is playing in Europe I think. He had this foot injury or something that made the warriors think second about signing him.

11. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">Please never mention Vonteego ever again. Jeez that brings back one of the Warriors worst draft/trades ever, Mookie and Vonteego for the pick that would be....Jason Terry. Now Terry is not a worldbeater but the guy is a winner, he won at Arizona and I think he will eventually win somewhere.</div>Yes, I wanted Terry so bad![​IMG]

12. OgShowtime

OgShowtime JBB JustBBall Member

Porter had his fair share of problems off the court. A poor attitude was a huge contributing factor to him being exiled from Oakland.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, I wanted Terry so bad![​IMG]</div>

Terry is not a point guard. He's a great penetrator and a great shooter. What value do you think he would add to the warriors at that size for a 2?

14. OgShowtime

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Terry is not a point guard. He's a great penetrator and a great shooter. What value do you think he would add to the warriors at that size for a 2?</div>

Finally, somebody else agrees with me on Jason Terry. He is not a point guard.

15. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

No he may not be a PG but he is better than JRich.

16. OgShowtime

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">No he may not be a PG but he is better than JRich.</div>

I don't know about that...I'm not the biggest J-Rich supporter, but I would rather have him on my team than JT.

17. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Terry is not a point guard. He's a great penetrator and a great shooter. What value do you think he would add to the warriors at that size for a 2?</div>I said I wanted Terry so bad when he came out of college. The guy was a great player at Arizona and I wanted to see what he can do in the NBA.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I said I wanted Terry so bad when he came out of college. The guy was a great player at Arizona and I wanted to see what he can do in the NBA.</div>

Oh so he you wouldn't mind him as a 2.