Chris Webber out for the rest of the NBA playoffs...........

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by mike18946, May 9, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/baske...p-7585747c.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sacramento Kings forward Chris Webber's knee injury likely will sideline him for the rest of the season, The Bee has learned.
    Webber, the team's leader in scoring, rebounding and assists, will have surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus he suffered in his left knee in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night.</div>

I think the kings chances at the NBA title has gone...being without their best player who means so much to their team will be too much..i would think mavs should be able to beat them..or have a better chance at it now.

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

will keon start now

3. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

yah, the kings are screwed now

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I would imagine so...

5. Stockton

Stockton JBB

To the real Lakerhaters-You better hope that San Antonio can beat LA(which I'm doing) because LA can beat Dallas if they get through and LA can beat Sacramento with C-Webb. Also Bobby Jackson will play they said.

6. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

OMg I saw it on the bottom of my screen I almost broke down... My poor C-Webb, I know one thing Tyra Banks better treat him good. And I agree with Charles Barkley... They gonna split the LA home games and clinch it in San Antionio...

7. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

Kings can still beat the Mavericks in 6-7 games. As long as Pollard and Keon Clark do some damage inside.

8. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

well injuries are part of the game, but i doubt the kings can beat the mavericks without webber. THE MAVERICKS ARE JUST TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

9. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I know the Kings are a deep team however Chris Webber is the heart and soul of that team and I dont think they can win without him. The Mavs will defiently win this series now that Webber is gone.They worked so hard this year, its sad to see there playoff chances drop dramatically because of an injury.

10. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">well injuries are part of the game, but i doubt the kings can beat the mavericks without webber. THE MAVERICKS ARE JUST TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!</div>

Hmm, Didn't the Kings beat the Mavericks this season missing 3 players? :roll:

11. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

theres a difference between the playoffs and regular season

12. Hunter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">well injuries are part of the game, but i doubt the kings can beat the mavericks without webber. THE MAVERICKS ARE JUST TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!</div>

Webber out for the Kings is like Jason Kidd out for the Nets, KG out for the Timberwolves and Duncan out for the Spurs.

Teams cant win the big games in the playoffs without their best players. The Kings are no exception.

13. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "dexter":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">well injuries are part of the game, but i doubt the kings can beat the mavericks without webber. THE MAVERICKS ARE JUST TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!</div>

Webber out for the Kings is like Jason Kidd out for the Nets, KG out for the Timberwolves and Duncan out for the Spurs.

Teams cant win the big games in the playoffs without their best players. The Kings are no exception.</div>

Actually, the Kings are an exception. They can win without Webber. Didn't Webber go out one game in the Jazz series and the kings ended up blowing out the Jazz in that game? I know the Jazz are no Mavericks, but the Kings are deep enough without Webber to give any team a battle.

14. Hunter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Ito":</div><div class="quote_post">

Actually, the Kings are an exception. They can win without Webber. Didn't Webber go out one game in the Jazz series and the kings ended up blowing out the Jazz in that game? I know the Jazz are no Mavericks, but the Kings are deep enough without Webber to give any team a battle.</div>

They might win a battle but they wont win the war. They might win a few games but I just cant see the Kings beating the Mavericks in 3 of the next 5 games without Chris Webber. Im confident the Kings will win one more game but I just dont see them winning this series anymore.

15. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

I hope that the Kings will NOT conquer over the Mavericks...I do like the Kings...but my boys has got to win the series!!! Grr...yes C-webb kicks ass...but that does not assure us that the Kings will back down just because of that Mavs will win the series...let's just hope they will!

16. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "dexter":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Ito":</div><div class="quote_post">

Actually, the Kings are an exception. They can win without Webber. Didn't Webber go out one game in the Jazz series and the kings ended up blowing out the Jazz in that game? I know the Jazz are no Mavericks, but the Kings are deep enough without Webber to give any team a battle.</div>

They might win a battle but they wont win the war. They might win a few games but I just cant see the Kings beating the Mavericks in 3 of the next 5 games without Chris Webber. Im confident the Kings will win one more game but I just dont see them winning this series anymore.</div>

Well, Lets just wait and see..

17. Damian Necronamous

Damian Necronamous JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Ito":</div><div class="quote_post">Kings can still beat the Mavericks in 6-7 games. As long as Pollard and Keon Clark do some damage inside.</div>

Yeah, but if they get to the Conference Finals, there is no way they'll be able to beat the Lakers or Spurs.

18. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

i dunno guys...kings are deep. as much as i hate the kings, i'm betting that they can still put up a good fight without webber. bobby and peja can pick up a lot of slack, not to mention they still have a legit PF in keon clark.

if the lakers do face the kings, i can see peja shooting the lights out because we don't have a 100% healthy SF...devean's game relies heavily on his athleticism, which obviously was hampered by that severe ankle sprain.

don't get me wrong, i'm not dissing my team or anything. i'm just tryin' to keep it real.

19. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

i would feel bad for Kings fans except for i know that if kobe or shaq went down with an injury they would be makin fun of laker fans left and right so...

AHAHAHAHAH KISS YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP GOODBYE! (yup i have no class...don't bother telling me that...imma hardcore fan...the truest kind...and i will insult people left and right to let them know that) jk =P

but tough break for the Kings...there's always next year...young deep team that will be back for more...but this season i think they're done

20. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

the Kings can still win without him... They were 10-5 without Webber in the regular season.. They should be able to win some more games. lol