Christian Wilson (McKees Rocks, PA) - MICHIGAN VERBAL

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 23, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Christian Wilson (McKees Rocks, PA)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - LB/HB/TE
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 23 2007, 03:56 PM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Christian Wilson - LB/HB/TE</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Linebacker/Halfback/Tight End
    McKees Rocks (PA) Montour

Ht: 6-foot-2
    Wt: 230 lbs
    Forty: 4.6 secs
    Bench max: n/a
    Squat max: n/a
    Vertical: 27 inches
    GPA: 2.6
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Michigan, Rutgers, Clemson, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Louisville

Wilson narrowed down his list back in the middle of August to two schools: Michigan and Rutgers. On August 20, he decided Michigan was the school for him. However, with the Rich Rodriguez coaching situation at Michigan, Wilson started to rethink his commitment to the Maize and Blue, expressing concerns over how he would fit into Rich Rod's offense. He was recruited by Michigan to play half back, but can also play tight end or linebacker in college. Very skilled player.</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From theWolverine.com, Wilson says he has talked to coach Rodriguez briefly, and mentions that he will most likely be taking four visits at the end of January, but does not mention any specific schools.

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Roanoke Times - 12/23/07

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The way recruiting is nowadays, Virginia is likely to feel the effects of a nine-win season more with the 2009 class than it is this year, but this is also a time of year when coaching situations change.

It wasn?€™t surprising to hear that linebacker Donovan Miles from Brooke Point High School in Stafford might be reopening his recruiting and Jamie Oakes of rivals.com reports that linebacker Christian Wilson from McKees Rock, Pa., has advised the Cavaliers of his interest.

Miles committed to West Virginia before the season.

Wilson had committed to Michigan as an H-back, but the arrival of new coach Rich Rodriguez and his spread offense from West Virginia casts some doubt on the role of the H-back in the Wolverines?€™ new scheme.

The Rodriguez situation should impact the recruiting situations at several schools because he uses a scheme that requires uncommon personnel sets. A player recruited by West Virginia for Rodriguez?€™s scheme might not be as good a fit for the new coach, and the same for players previously recruited by Michigan.</div>

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pittsburgh Tribune Review

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Wilson visited North Carolina this past weekend and will take an official visit to Boston College this weekend. The linebacker/running back said he is solid on his commitment to Michigan, but he is making visits because he wanted to keep his word.

"I'm solid," Wilson said. "I talked to the Michigan coaches (Monday) and cleared a couple things up. I'm going to Boston College because I told them I would and I want to keep my word."

Wilson said the chances of him decommitting from Michigan are not high.

"When I went there in the first place, I thought the area was the best part about Michigan," he said. "Some of the coaches ended up staying, and I'm trying to keep talking to them see if they repeat the same things they said three weeks ago."

Asked how he would rank his favorite schools after Michigan, Wilson said he liked North Carolina and then Boston College.</div>

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pitt gaining commitments it hadn't expected | USA Today

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>• Boston College is still searching for running backs. They have a commitment from top-250 standout Josh Haden, who is already on campus. However, with the losses of Andre Callender and L.V. Whitworth (graduation), A.J. Brooks (discipline issue) and Jeff Smith (concussions), the Eagles enter spring ball with Haden at No. 1. The Eagles are in the mix for running back Christian Wilson of Pennsylvania and Texas prospects Terrence Robinson and Shane Turner. BC has a commitment from Pennsylvania running back Eric Reynolds and local product Isaac Johnson could also play tailback, but a freshman or two will be carrying the ball a lot next season.</div>