Claver, Crabbe > Batum Plea

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Aussie Blazer!, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Aussie Blazer!

Aussie Blazer! Active Member

Dear Stotts and coaching staff. Please give either Claver or Crabbe some of Batum's mins!

The old problem was that neither could shoot as well as Batum, but I argue that Batum never shoots anyway and I'm sure they would both be better rebounders then him at the moment.

Every team knows that when he drives he is always going to pass and his pass selection has been so woeful, when Claver played recently he might not have shot as much but you can't blame him as he has had very limited mins. Claver has been a solid rebounder and that has been a common problem for us in the absence of Rolo and Freeland.

Even Crabbe as been solid in spots where he filled in for Nico, hitting 3's, rebounding and not turning it over.

I know Nico has heart but I think he is letting the team down if he play with injuries and is wasting valuable developing mins for others.

If they prefer to play a injuried Batum over Claver and Crabbe it must be demoralising for them as injuries usually allow others to step up but if he wants to rest.

Please be reasonable Batum and let someothers have a go.

Go Blazers!!!

2. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

I'll 2nd that notion!

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I never understood the lack of time for Victor. He's an excellent defender and never plays out of position

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

My thinking is that Stotts values offensive production over defensive... You can defend all you want, but if you can't score buckets, you don't get to play.

5. Aussie Blazer!

Aussie Blazer! Active Member

I think Nico is a far from a scoring machine. There is a lot of times when he is just unwilling to shoot or score and I think other teams are scouting this.

Vic and Crabbe could do what Batum currently brings to the table, just without injury

dviss1 likes this.