Cliff Robinson

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by T_WOLF_DAWG, Oct 21, 2003.

1. T_WOLF_DAWG

T_WOLF_DAWG JBB JustBBall Member

I think the best pick up in the off season is going to turn out to be Cliff Robinson. The guys skills are so apparent and still very strong at this age. He shoots well and is a surprisingly adept passer. In fact this leads me to another point about this years Warriors squad: the bench. I think we may well have one of the best 2nd units in the West. I know it sounds like craziness but we've got Claxton, Robinson, Cheaney, Foyle, Pietrus coming off the bench and most of these guys (3 of the 5) could start on other teams. Which leads me to another point: Pietrus. The kid is raw but he's good. He may not get more than 10mpg this year, but just wait. He's more of an athlete than Richardson and has way more defensive motivation. His only shortcoming is his offense (give him an off season with Grabow and Mullin and he'll shoot the lights out), his defense is absolutely tenacious and he never takes a play off, he's always attacking boards, looking for tip ins. He'll make some frustrating rookie mistakes this year (he does that jump in the air and decide to pass thing) but he's going to turn some heads. Keep your eyes on him.

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I think Cliff will suprise people, but I don't think he was there best off-season pickup. But who knows. I think the Warriors will suprise a lot of people two. After losing two key players many people have given up on them. They really made some moves to get this team to compete and I believe it will pay off.

I see the Warriors possibly slipping into the 8th and final playoff spot. Call me crazy.[​IMG]

3. T_WOLF_DAWG

T_WOLF_DAWG JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Warriors have a real chance to make the 8th spot. They will be fighting with Houston though...