Cliff Robinson

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by thePHentity, Jan 15, 2004.

1. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

i'm back btw...i was out for some vacation.

cliff robinson is glorious, especially tonight against the cavs...hitting a career high in threes, after being the tallest man in the history of the NBA to hit over 1000 threes is glorious. he's got the attitude in just playing the game that the warriors need.

i also think that van exel did the right thing in benching himself since he hasn't been effective...speedy claxton is really progressing, and I suspect claxton to be a very good PG for the warriors in the future.

2. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Cliff is crazy man, I'm suprised of how much he as stepped up his play for his age. He looks like the Warriors go to guy down the strecth. I may like this team more with Van Exel injured, everything is more smoother. Claxton played excellent, got everyone involved with his 11 assists, J-Rich also had a huge impact in tonights game, same with Dampier, and Dunleavy played well also. I'm impressed on how good they played tonight, hopefully they can keep this up. Then again, they did play the Cavs, has to be frustrating for you Cav fans how 1 minute you can be in the game, then literally a minute later a team is blowing you out the building. It's to the point where its like what more can LeBron do? 29-6-6 and get blown out, those numbers, with some help are good enough to keep you in the game. Can only hope it gets better for LeBron. :thumbsup:

3. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Cliffy always seems to do it. People have always seemed to doubt him, when he was a 2nd rd pick on a contending Portland team, when he played with Phoenix, when he stopped wearing his headband, when he came out east for a while, and now when he's stepped onto a much younger GState team. But he has the skills to match his size, and has been one of the most consistent players of the past decade and a half.

I've always had faith in my boy Craig. He's got the nickname for a reason, and seems to run circles around slower opponents. Even in his rookie season, Iverson missed the first five games and Claxton stepped in and led the team in scoring. Most people only noticed him when he played in the Finals last June. More still will notice him when he makes an impact where ever he ends up, and hopefully that'll be GState.

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

How the hell does he get those flat shots to fall?! It is not pretty but Cliffy gets the job done. What a performance by a true veteran of the game.

5. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Cliff is a great player...props to him for playing well and not sulking on a struggling team after coming from a winner in Detroit...

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Cliff has done it all his career. It was a bad decision for the Pistons to have traded him.

7. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Cliff has done it all his career. It was a bad decision for the Pistons to have traded him.</div>

So true, I was very dissapointed to here of the news. However, we were making room for younger players and you can't blame us for that. I'm glad to see that he is doing well, he was one of my favorite Pistons. (Along with Jon Barry)

8. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PyroManiac:</div><div class="quote_post">So true, I was very dissapointed to here of the news. However, we were making room for younger players and you can't blame us for that. I'm glad to see that he is doing well, he was one of my favorite Pistons. (Along with Jon Barry)</div>

I never really liked him, but I know he's useful I just couldn't accept it. He proved me wrong I guess it's one of those "I'm not in the NBA for nothing." cases.

9. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">I never really liked him, but I know he's useful I just couldn't accept it. He proved me wrong I guess it's one of those "I'm not in the NBA for nothing." cases.</div>He has proved that he is a force in this league for many years now. He is still doing it at age 36.

10. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

Too bad he isn't a few years younger... hopefully Troy Murphy comes back and has the same type of impact that Cliff has. I think Troy's going to be even better- he has a better inside game, and he's been working on his 3's.

11. Rudeezy

Troy should definately be an upgrade to Cliff Robinson but we might not see that upgrade until next season. Murphy has been plagued with injuries, the whole warriors team has.

12. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

If you read the Murph's interviews they are hilarious. I don't have a post on some of his quotes but they're funny especially when he's saying something like "so i'm dribbling the ball down the court, and the f#$cking ball goes flying up."

Murph is the man.