Clippers Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by Diesel, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

I see a lot of these in the other team forums and thought I'd bring one to the CLipper forums. Im sure you all know how to play so here it goes:

Fact or Fiction: Shaun Livingston becomes The Greatest point guard of the 2000 decade and some in the 2010 decade too.

2. bhavin

bhavin JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction, cant really tell unless I see him play in the NBA, maybe a good PG but not the greatest....
    F or F: Clippers make playoffs.

3. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction- unfortunately, their the clippers and the west might have gotten even tougher with K-mart comin to denver,etc. no playoffs, again.

F or F: Elton Brand will be an all star this year

4. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. The west is already loaded with forwards, and with the addition of a fan favorite in K-Mart I don't see Brand making it.

Fact or Fiction: Donald Sterling will continue paying Brand and Maggette even if they don't make the playoffs.

5. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. The west is already loaded with forwards, and with the addition of a fan favorite in K-Mart I don't see Brand making it.

Fact or Fiction: Donald Sterling will trade away Brand and Maggette to get rid of their contracts after not making the playoffs again.

6. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

My heart hopes for fiction but it might be Fact. Donald Sterling is a stingy a-hole. I hope he gets shot in the head, dies and someone that cares about basketball takes over [​IMG]. Just kidding. Kinda.

Btw, just wanted to comment on the Elton Brand being an all-star thing... I don't believe Elton is behind Kmart in terms of being an all-star. KMart averaged those numbers because he was playing in the weakEast and alongside the best PG in the game. However, given the level of stupidity the general basketball crowd is, the 12, 13 year old fans will probably pick Kmart just because he's more flashy.

Anyways, Fact or Fiction: The Clippers will actually be in the top 11 in the West (i.e: Missing the playoff by only 3 spots) in 3 years.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyways, Fact or Fiction: The Clippers will actually be in the top 11 in the West (i.e: Missing the playoff by only 3 spots) in 3 years.</div>

Fact, I think the Clippers have a chance to do it this year, (not a great chance but with Brand and Maggz, they should be good), if Livingston lives up to the hype in 2 or 3 years then dare I say look out for the other team in L.A...

Fact or Fiction: The Clippers will deal for another player before the season starts.

8. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Courtking031:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact, I think the Clippers have a chance to do it this year, (not a great chance but with Brand and Maggz, they should be good), if Livingston lives up to the hype in 2 or 3 years then dare I say look out for the other team in L.A...

Fact or Fiction: The Clippers will deal for another player before the season starts.</div>

If deal as in trade, then fiction...I think they are content with what they have...

Fact or Fiction: Chris Wilcox will still be a Clipper by the end of the upcoming season.

9. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. Eventhough many teams are interested in him, I don't think LA will give him up. He is still on his rookie deal (something Sterling likes) and we're pretty thin up front. He will be getting bigger minutes next season behind Brand and Kaman because we've traded away Drobnjak and Ely.

Fact or Fiction: Shaun Livingston will be the starting PG by the All-Star game.

10. og15

og15 JBB *********

Fact, I think he would've adjusted to the NBA PG position, and it would be good in itself to allow him to start at he point. Jaric isn't the best PG.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "SupraJames":</div><div class="quote_post">Btw, just wanted to comment on the Elton Brand being an all-star thing... I don't believe Elton is behind Kmart in terms of being an all-star. KMart averaged those numbers because he was playing in the weakEast and alongside the best PG in the game. However, given the level of stupidity the general basketball crowd is, the 12, 13 year old fans will probably pick Kmart just because he's more flashy.</div>
    KMart has nothing an Brand really, all he has is jumping ability, and steals, nothing else, Brand is a beast, if the Clippers can stay healthy he'll get the props he deserves.

F/F: The Clippers will stay healthy this season.

11. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">
    F/F: The Clippers will stay healthy this season.</div>

As much as it pains me, I say fiction...when have they stayed healthy ever, lol ... perhaps this is the year, but if I were a betting man, well......Livingston is a toothpick, Brand has been injured the last two years, Kittles has a history of injuries, Maggette has a history of injuries...odds are at least one of them will be injured again this season

Fact or Fiction: Mamadou N?Diaye will make the team

12. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Fact:Mamadou N?Diaye has already been signed hasnt he? Him, Lionel Chalmers and Quinton Ross got signed at the same time.

Fact or Fiction: Corey Maggette will make the Allstar team?

13. WorkingOut247

WorkingOut247 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Buckets:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact:Mamadou N?Diaye has already been signed hasnt he? Him, Lionel Chalmers and Quinton Ross got signed at the same time.

Fact or Fiction: Corey Maggette will make the Allstar team?</div>fiction he still needs some years

fact or fiction will the clippers be a dissapointment?

14. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Buckets:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact:Mamadou N?Diaye has already been signed hasnt he? Him, Lionel Chalmers and Quinton Ross got signed at the same time.
    </div>

It doesn't mean they made the team...they could get cut and the Clippers would not owe them anything

15. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. Clippers will continue to be a disappointment for a couple years at least... If Livingston can live up to the hype people has given him then we might actually go to the playoffs within 5 years. I highly doubt it though. Sterling doesn't like to hold on to talents [​IMG].

Fact or Fiction. Livingston will play for the Clippers for more than 5 years.

16. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Fact. If Livingston develops quickly in 5 years, and turns into the phenom everyone is expecting him to be, there's no way that Sterling will afford to let him walk away. The potential in him is too good to pass up. Hell, I know that too, that's why I spent one fifth of my salary cap in my sim league to get him. The guy's future looks so promising.

F/F: Corey Maggette will average 25ppg next season.

17. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. Corey Maggette is a very talented player who I've loved ever since he became a Clipper, but I don't think he will ever average that much. He's an excellent scorer and is one of the best at getting to the line, but he doesn't have that selfish mentality it takes to become a big time scorer. Even with his 20ppg last year he only averaged 13 shots a game, and I just can't see him taking enough shots to put up those numbers.

Fact or Fiction: Chris Kaman will have a break out season and go on to average over 14PPG.

18. shankyoass

shankyoass Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

fiction. w/ the loss of Q, then everyone else gets more shots in. I believe Brand and Maggette will both increase their PPG, and Shawn Livingston will of course average more PPG then Jaric did last year.

F/F - Jaric has a breakthrough season, trying his best to keep his starter's position.

19. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Fact: I think he has it in him and since he is in the situatuation to do so he will.

F/F: The Clippers get the 1st pick and they get a center.

20. LACneedGRIZZARD

LACneedGRIZZARD JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction, I think they are too optimistic in Kaman. I believe they'll get a SG, or the best player available (IMO, probably Hakeem Warrick)

Fact or Fiction: Shaun Livingston gets a haircut before the end of the season.