Clippers Match Offer For Maggette...

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by mike18946, Jul 29, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/clippers_...tte_030729.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Clippers are proud to announce the re-signing of forward Corey Maggette.

The club matched an offer presented by the Utah Jazz, thereby re-signing the restricted free agent to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“Through consistent hard work and effort, Corey has improved his game each year he has been in the league, and there is no reason to believe he won’t continue to get even better,” said Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. “We’re really glad that he will be back for the long term.”

A 6’6” high-flyer out of Duke University, Maggette registered his finest season during the 2002-03 campaign, averaging 16.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 31.3 minutes in 64 games played. Maggette ranked second on the team in scoring, increasing his scoring average by 5.4 points per game over his previous year’s average.

“I am very excited about the opportunity to coach Corey,” stated Clippers Head Coach Mike Dunleavy. “Obviously, I have followed him closely since his days at Duke. He has done a terrific job of developing his all around game and I look forward to being a part of his continued development.”

The four-year veteran has tallied 11.5 points, 4.2 rebounds and 23.3 minutes over his career. Maggette has also converted 1,027-2,259 FG (.455) and 127-383 3FG (.332) in 273 career games played.
    </div>

now what happens with Odom? and will they match the offer for Dre Miller...now that arenas is off the market?

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

wow tehy r actuall signin peeple...umm i dunno bout odom...

3. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

damn i feel sorry fo cmaggz and brand-clippers for a while

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

woo hoo c-maggs stays in LA! i'm so glad he's not going to be a jazz. i want the jazz franchise to suffer for many years!

clippers are finally committing to their youth, and this team is going to be great in a few years. i'm pretty sure they keep odom, but i don't think they want dre miller back.

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

I wonder if they keep Odom I thought they want Q-Rich to start. Clipps are gonna be good next year.

6. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">woo hoo c-maggs stays in LA! i'm so glad he's not going to be a jazz. i want the jazz franchise to suffer for many years!</div>

Uh thanks [​IMG] :mrgreen:

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

^^a jazz fan living in socal, VERY rare, almost as rare as the amount of wins the jazz will get next season and the season after that and the season after that

they should change their name to the hobbits because they are always in search of the ring!

8. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

^^lmao, shape is right jazz suck

9. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Raptors21:</div><div class="quote_post">I wonder if they keep Odom I thought they want Q-Rich to start. Clipps are gonna be good next year.</div>
    pg.odom
    sg.c maggs
    sf.Q-rich
    pf.Elton Brand
    c.Melvin Ely

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Wow, it's amazing, that GM is actually spending money.

11. BallerAK47

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting knicks235:</div><div class="quote_post">^^lmao, shape is right jazz suck</div>

This coming from a Knicks fan LOL

12. BallerAK47

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">woo hoo c-maggs stays in LA! i'm so glad he's not going to be a jazz. i want the jazz franchise to suffer for many years!

clippers are finally committing to their youth, and this team is going to be great in a few years. i'm pretty sure they keep odom, but i don't think they want dre miller back.</div>

I am going to laugh when the the deals to get GP and Malone backfire