Clippers My Dark Horse..For The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by mike18946, Jul 20, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Call me crazy but i think it may happen...this year some players were playing for just contracts..now they have big deals they know they will be out to win..instead of the money..as they now have that...it seems they are about to sign Gilbert Arenas who they have offered the same as the wizards..they got Elton Brand back...who as long as he stays heathly will be a 20 and 10 guy..maggette will give you 15 and 5...odom will give you allround stats....arenas most improved player this year averaged 18 and 6...who will be better than andre miller who was dissapointing for them...they lose kandi..but add in the 6th pick chris kaman..who i got to watch quite abit in Detroit in his college days..has good size and has nice moves around the basket

PG Arenas
    SG Maggette
    SF Odom
    PF Brand
    C Kaman

That is a real nice line-up...if they play to their talents..a playoff spot is not out of the question.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

No doubt, they have a great chance to make the playoffs. Dunleavy is a great coach and knows how to coach teams loaded with talent. If the Clippers can avoid their history of injuries, they should be a strong contender for the 7th or 8th seed. I'm looking forward to watching Arenas & C-Maggs on fast breaks. I never thought I would see the Clippers spend this type of money.

3. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

you could be right.... i can't wait to see how they do.... I'm just pondering if Maggette is really going to stay with them.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

maggette is a restricted free agent, so the clippers only have to match the offer sheet he signed with the jazz. it sounds like the clippers will match it.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Clippers said they will match offers to Maggette and Odom...so they can still get Arenas..they offered him 60 million for 6 years..

6. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

good call...i think dunleavy is the missing piece..alvin had them playing some UGLY ball...plus they got piatkowski a deadly shooter, q rich a decent 6th man and keyon dooling off the bench...center is a bit of a question mark though...but with arenas and brand, they got good players at the two depest positions in the west

west will be crazy tough this year though...if they make the playoffs, theyll be the 8th spot

lakers
    sac town
    dallas
    san an
    mini
    phoenix
    rockets
    clipp show

7. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

If the clippers sign maggette and odom there offer to arenas would not be as high as washingtons.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

The clips have already offered arenas 60 million for 6 years...and arenas is expected to anounce where he is going tomorrow....

9. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

yea ive been saying i think the clips will finally make the playoffs for the last couple seasons and tehy proved me wrong both times. maybe this season will be different. they certainly have the talent

10. Ice

Ice JBB Member

I dont see how they can make the playoffs. They have great talent but have only had like 2 winning seasons

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Whats that got to do with next season? poor past seasons don't matter..it's what happens when the new season tips off..everyone knows how much arenas improved the warriors...as long as clips stay heathly they should be able to make it with the jazz out of contention now with malone and stockton gone

12. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Good Point...but i dont think that the cheap skate owner will resign all the players and get free agents

13. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't get why so many people call Sterling a cheapskate. What amazing talent has he had to sign? Danny Manning? Ron Harper? Rodney Rogers? Mo Taylor? Those guys were good with the Clips, but ended up having sub par career. Nothing worth the money they were probably asking for.

14. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

they do have a chance to make it, but i dont think it'll happen. this season, they should just work on improving. i think next season might be it though. they'll be used to playing with eachother, have a better feeling of what winning is like.

15. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting airforce1s:</div><div class="quote_post">Good Point...but i dont think that the cheap skate owner will resign all the players and get free agents</div>

He has already stated he will match offers to maggette and odom..while offering big money to arenas...

16. VinsanityMK

good C-Maggs will stay!!!

He's my favorite Clip!

17. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-Ball215:</div><div class="quote_post">good C-Maggs will stay!!!

He's my favorite Clip!</div>

Where did you hear that?

18. VinsanityMK

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BallerAK47:</div><div class="quote_post">Where did you hear that?</div>
    well if the Clippers are going to match the offersheet.... he most likely will re-sign.

19. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-Ball215:</div><div class="quote_post">well if the Clippers are going to match the offersheet.... he most likely will re-sign.</div>

I heard I report out of the NY something or other newspaper, that the Clippers will go after Arenas and Odom and not match Maggette, but that is only if they get Arenas and Odom.

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I think we all should learn by now to never believe anything that comes from NY newspapers...clippers stated they want maggette...and you know corey will want to play with his best friend elton brand