Notice Clyde Drexler’s stern message to Damian Lillard after CJ McCollum trade & more

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Feb 19, 2022.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

2. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Clyde never gets a GM gig.

3. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    What did he say? I don't like listening to Clyde.

4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That Dame should leave like he did

5. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    Fuck you Clyde. /

6. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Go fuck yourself Clyde.

This is why you'll never be the greatest Blazer of all time.

7. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Clyde was my childhood idol so I'll never disown him but he should shut the fuck up. That being said we did send out the three best players as far as public perception goes and only got back one draft pick. Don't get me wrong if the Pelicans pick conveys the CJ/Larry trade will be a big win in hindsight and maybe that's not Cronin getting lucky, maybe that's foresight on his part.

The first trade was indefensible though. We know that there were other teams interested in those guys and it was made far too early for anyone to believe that our front office knew that they were getting back the best value possible.

That being said, Clyde only addressed CJ and we know we got at least close to good value for him. Then he went on to basically say that Dame would be showing that his desire to be praised in Portland is greater than his desire to compete, that if he stays his ego is more important to him than his drive for success... that was some fucking bullshit.

tykendo, UKRAINEFAN, Eastoff and 3 others like this.
  8. Natebishop3

If he wanted to bash the Clippers trade I would be right there with him.

But he's basically saying we shouldn't have traded CJ at all, which is stupid.

9. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Fuck Clyde

10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yeah, he was saying CJ is good, one of our best scorers, and in his prime.

Clyde also said he had the choice of being loyal to Portland fans and staying or leaving to pursue a championship, and that leaving was the best choice he ever made.

STOMP and stampedehero like this.
  11. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

1) The Clippers deal was a great deal. I know in people's fantasy trades, they thought that we could've traded for a front line of Simmons, Randle, and Jaylen Brown but that's not the real world. The real world is we get a great defender in Winslow, a basically expiring contract in Bledsoe and a young player with upside in Keon Johnson. And since we've made the trade, we've played great. What else did you think we could get for those guys?

2) Clyde Drexler is an asshole. IT IS NOT FUCKING IMPRESSIVE THAT YOU JOINED THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS, FUMBLED THAT TEAM TO THE 6TH SEED, AND THEN SQUEAKED OUT A TITLE. That's not pursuing a championship. That's merely riding coattails. So it would be impressive if Dame joined the Bucks and won a title there. I mean what the fuck? What Dame is doing is selfless, not ego-based. Coattail riding is about making yourself look good. Basketball is a team game. It shouldn't be about get me MY ring.

12. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

just more proof that Dame is a better Blazer than Clyde. Clyde was always all Houston. That's fine...it's his hometown. But to come out now and advise Dame to turn his back on Portland like he did is bullshit. So yeah, fuck Clyde. And I'll never forget that Clyde wore his Houston jersey, instead of the Blazer jersey, to be inducted into the greatest 50 players all-time. Charles Barkley even called him on that and said it was a shit thing to do. So, fuck Clyde again

donkiez, Voodoo, PHXBlazer1 and 17 others like this.
  13. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Clyde's ability to continually go down on my Blazer power-ranking list has been impressive.

Voodoo, PHXBlazer1, tykendo and 10 others like this.
  14. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

can we rename that street outside moda now?

15. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    I may not like what Clyde said, but history may end up proving him to be correct. Kobe talked to Michael about the things that were getting in the way of him winning a championship and Michael told him that he was THE player and he had to do what needed to be done to win a title, no matter what....no excuses, if he wanted to win.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    stampedehero and SlyPokerCat like this.
  16. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Blevins Blvd sounds good right now.

17. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

But it's not an individual sport. Players don't win championships. Teams do. I don't know why people talk about individual players as being great because they have a ring. They didn't win the ring on their own merits. It was the team. Running off to another team where it's easier to win a title doesn't make you a better player. But you already know this.

beast crnjo, Idog1976 and royo like this.
  18. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure how Clyde can be proven right in trying to guess what is best for Dame. If Dame values trying to win in Portland more than joining a superteam, then that's his choice.

If Dame leaves and wins a title, it wouldn't prove that Dame wouldn't have been able to stay in Portland and win a title. If Dame stays in Portland and never wins a title, it doesn't prove that he would've won elsewhere. I trust Dame knows what's best for Dame, than Clyde knows what's best for him.

19. Natebishop3

Should just put a bunch of porta potties on his street so the homeless can take a dump on Drexler Drive.

20. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I’ve never really understood Clyde’s axe to grind with Portland. Everything I’ve heard about him is that he’s a nice guy. Was always classy on the court. His son has said he was a great dad. My mom ran into him at a restaurant during his playing days and he personally signed a little note to me. She said he was the nicest guy.

But any time he can bash the Blazers organization he does it. Did he not enjoy those rides to the Finals when the city was electric in excitement? A lot of players on that team made Portland a permanent home. For some reason Clyde shits on the organization any chance he can.

I know Walton had some bitterness because of the way the team handled his ankle situation. But the Clyde thing is puzzling to me.