Cockiest Athletes in the World

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by wolverine30, Oct 30, 2006.

1. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

1. Chad Johnson - he thinks nobody in the NFL can stop him2. Mike James - thinks he is amazing just because he was a finalist for NBA's Most Improved Player3. Rasheed Wallace - just because he was an all-star last year, he thinks he can do it all4. Mike Tyson - probably thinks he can knockout Muhammad Ali when he was younger5........Can't think of a 5th athlete. Make a list of 5 or 10 athletes that you think are the cockiest in the world.

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Wow, I cant believe you forgot T.O.Maybe Deangelo Hall too. That dude is cocky.

3. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

Oh my god. You're right. He should be my #1. I went brain dead for about 5 minutes and I just realised that Terrell Owens wasnt on the list.

4. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Oct 30 2006, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, I cant believe you forgot T.O.Maybe Deangelo Hall too. That dude is cocky.</div>Hall is cocky, but there is much worse.you can add basically the entire nfl, except maybe like the o-line. I hate seeing everytime a player makes a good play, they have to show off and flex their muscles for a few seconds.add shaq to the list, although he has some justification, or had some.

5. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

does being cocky and the ability to back it up still count or no?

6. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Mr Derp. He's always saying crap about he's great, he pushed Tubby out.Bron is up there, I'd say. All his ads, and he's got the balls to wear Yankees gear when he's supposed to be with CLE.

7. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Oct 30 2006, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mr Derp. He's always saying crap about he's great, he pushed Tubby out.Bron is up there, I'd say. All his ads, and he's got the balls to wear Yankees gear when he's supposed to be with CLE.</div>lebron? are you kidding? he's fairly humble for being so great. just because he does ads and commercials doesn't mean his cocky. I don't see what wearing a yankees cap has to do ith anything.

8. Something-To-Say

Bron will be in the next 5 years, if not now. He's not handling things well, which'll lead to his instability, and he'll have to be the man, like mr derp.

9. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

what are you talking about? you're predicting that a player will be cocky in the next five years? that's ridiculous. how is he not handling things well? he's doing what anyone else would've done. he's making money. and what correlation is there between instability and cockiness? you're reasoning is completely illogical.

10. Opal

Opal Active Member

TO - Do I need to explain why?Hall - Thinks he is the best cornerback in the league.Tyson - I gut you like a fish aka I'm gonna stay up until the 3rd at most.Shannon Sharpe - Retired, but this guy was cocky as hell even though I loved him.Ali - He backed it up of course, but still he proboly though he could take down Superman.

11. LEGENDofthePAUL

LEGENDofthePAUL BBW Member

1. Terell Owens- do I need to explain?2. Jeremy Shockey- Absolute moron, giving fans the finger...3. Sean Taylor- spitting in peoples faces, 'nuff said4. Rasheed Wallace- "only one guarentee for series"5. Mike Tyson- same as T.O.

12. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I have to agree with S2S... LeBron is a cocky individual. He might not be one of the cockiest athletes in the world, but he's slowly getting there. If things keep going the way their going he may end up in Kobe territory... I.e. great player but people hate him because of his "cockiness" and "attitude."I can't remember any specific examples/reasons why I think he's cocky at the moment, but I remember there were more than enough examples during the playoffs last year. I'm sure I'll be reminded once the season gets underway.

13. Something-To-Say

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Oct 30 2006, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how is he not handling things well? he's doing what anyone else would've done.</div>I guess you haven't seen the ad, or you have and you're just stupid.All the controversy about him going to the Knicks in 3 years, and then he appears in an ad decked in Yankees gear? That's nice. He's trying to screw with everyone in Cleveland who thinks they finally have a hometown guy who'll play there forever and lead them to success for once.

14. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

In my opinion there are 2 types of cockiness. There's the T.O. version of it. This kind usually pisses people off. He's the type that always thinks he's the best, its never his fault, and just puts out a bad vibe. The other type is the Ali/Jordan type of cocky. Jordan and Ali were very cocky, but for some reason its not the same as the T.O. type. They aren't hated by a lot of people. They admit when they are defeated, but know they are great. One major difference between the two types is that the latter is usually a winner while doesn't have any titles or "wins."

15. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>3. Rasheed Wallace - just because he was an all-star last year, he thinks he can do it all</div>What??? Rasheed is cocky? Are you kidding me...this guy is the most humble guy ever. You know the reason he hated Atlanta was because they wanted him to be the main scorer? He likes Detroit because he isn't the 'main' guy...Rasheed is far from being cocky. Also, Rasheed said that he didnt even care about getting into the all star game...he's been there before anyway.

16. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ReppinTheD @ Oct 31 2006, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What??? Rasheed is cocky? Are you kidding me...this guy is the most humble guy ever. You know the reason he hated Atlanta was because they wanted him to be the main scorer? He likes Detroit because he isn't the 'main' guy...Rasheed is far from being cocky. Also, Rasheed said that he didnt even care about getting into the all star game...he's been there before anyway.</div>[​IMG] I don't think so.Remember 2004? Rasheed guaran-sheeded I think Game 3. He was right, and after that he yelled out "I TOLD Y'ALL, TOLD Y'ALL, B*TCHES." The T's I guess don't make you cocky, he's still a cocky person in general.

17. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Oct 31 2006, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG] I don't think so.Remember 2004? Rasheed guaran-sheeded I think Game 3. He was right, and after that he yelled out "I TOLD Y'ALL, TOLD Y'ALL, B*TCHES." The T's I guess don't make you cocky, he's still a cocky person in general.</div>That is not cockiness...that is confidence in his team. He didn't say that he personally would win the game for the team...I mean, it's your opinion, but I don't see his "garunsheeds" as being cocky...that's just being confident in his team.

18. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Do you think Roy Williams guarantee was cocky? Against the killer Bears?

19. Becar

Becar BBW Member

I dont think Rasheed is really cocky. He has confidence in his team and he was doing what he believed would pump up his team for the next game. It worked twice. Other two times, not so much. But like others have said, Rasheed is very humble when it comes down to talking about his team and what they need to do to succeed. Rasheed knows that hes not the main guy and he likes it. Chad Johnson should not be there either. I think of him along the same lines as Rasheed. Sure Johnson talks to the media a lot and gets a lot of exposure for his comments. But its all fun to him. He rarely taunts individual players and even his touchdown dances in the past have all been in good fun. Never taunting the other team. Johnson is a well respected player among NFL players and he is also viewed as a nice guy by his teammates AND opponents. The man has, what, one touchdown this year. Have you heard him call out his coach or his qb? because I havent. T.O. definitely belongs there and I dont feel that I need to go any further with him.I really cant believe Kobe hasnt been mentioned yet. Yes, Kobe gives good interviews and seems to be a smart, personable kind of guy. But I really have to question him when he cant get a long with a fun-loving guy like Shaq. I mean, Shaq is in my top 5 of people I would like to go out to the bar with for one night and hang out with. Not because he is a superstar, but because he is a fun-loving dude. And Kobe's got that swagger. I know you all see it. That "Im the best player to ever play this game" look to him. Its more than that, its "I can do anything better than you can. ANYTHING". And I know that this isnt an act to intimidate the other team, he REALLY THINKS he is the best player to ever play the game. There are just certain ways that people carry themselves that is annoying and makes me want to punch them in the face. Dont get it twisted Kobe. I will OWN you on the golf course, baseball diamond, football field and in a hockey rink. AND THATS A FACT. As a basketball coach, I really get to see how young players adjust to the game. At the University where I work, we had a player last year that was voted one of ESPN's top 25 freshman in the country. I could see this year that it really went to his head. So I had a couple of friends of mine, one of whom recently got drafted, come in an play him one on one. Basically to say "You got potential, but you aint sh*t YET". It worked. My point? Lebron CANNOT be considered one of the cockiest athletes in the world. He is a young kid that has had a lot thrown his way. Do you know how much pressure must be on your shoulders to be considered "The Next Great One"? I think this kid has handled the pressure and the spotlight better than anyone would have expected. And I give him a lot of props for that. I dont think any of us could have handled it better than he has. Now Im not saying that he wont become cocky, as I am pretty much giving him a pass for now (eventhough he has done a good job). It really all depends on who his coaches and mentors are. Its basically up to them.

20. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Oct 31 2006, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you think Roy Williams guarantee was cocky? Against the killer Bears?</div>I don't think that was cocky, I just think that was plain stupid. [​IMG] :doh: