Coles for Moss

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by MKIV_Supra, Mar 5, 2005.

1. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

2. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

yea i just saw this

if healthy Coles will be so much more dominant than Moss would have been. Coles was one of Pennington's favorite WRs his last year. Hopefully he will have a great year with a new offensive coordinator. I'm pretty happy with this trade and i hope it works out for the Jets. Stupid Redskins they overpaid Coles by stealing him from the Jets and now we got him back. Allllrrriighhhttt. haha if Moss was pissed about the Jets offense wait till he is a Redskin he'll have loads of fun there. You know its a good situation because both top WRs want to leave Washington.

Hope this works out!!!

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Moss will end his career as the better reciever. I think this was a great deal for skins

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I wonder how much of that has to do with the colleges those recievers attended....no I dont, I know how much, all of it....

One does wonder about the decision the Jets made though....its not often a team gives up a younger, faster, and cheaper player for an older, slower, and more expensive player....That is generally a mistake....not saying it is in this case, but history indicates that its a bad idea....

5. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder how much of that has to do with the colleges those recievers attended....no I dont, I know how much, all of it....</div>

Or you could look at the numbers. Moss had a slight setback last year playing with an injured QB, but still had almost as many yards, and more TDs than coles, despite 35 less catches. Time will prove me right.

6. MKIV_Supra

I think they both got something good in this trade. Santana Moss would be an exceptional reciever due to his speed and Laveranues Coles will be Pennington's Go-To guy.

7. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

I agree. I think they both got pretty good deals in the trade. In the long run though, I think it may pay off better for the Redskins IMO anyway.

8. J-E-T-S 1083

actually as much as i understand ur point BF i have to disagree.

Coles is a much better WR for Pennington. He can go over the middle and catch the ball he is a much better WR overall than Moss.

Though Moss is speedy its not as Coles is a slow WR he can run with the best.

The Jets also restructured his contract, its 5 years 25 mill now.

Also Moss was waitin for a huge contract extention from the Jets as this was his last year of his older contract. The redskins will pay him wat he wants a huge contract.

Also Coles is older but hes only 27 thats not old. He'll be 32 at the end of his contract i dont mind that.

I think its a good overall deal for both teams because both got wat they want. But i'm happy for the Jets about this deal.

9. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually as much as i understand ur point BF i have to disagree.

Coles is a much better WR for Pennington. He can go over the middle and catch the ball he is a much better WR overall than Moss.

Also Moss was waitin for a huge contract extention from the Jets as this was his last year of his older contract. The redskins will pay him wat he wants a huge contract.

Also Coles is older but hes only 27 thats not old. He'll be 32 at the end of his contract i dont mind that.

I think its a good overall deal for both teams because both got wat they want. But i'm happy for the Jets about this deal.</div>

This is a trade you will regret at end of year. Coles doesnt stretch field, safeties play closer, get less from run game.

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

add coles, subratact Moss in NY....it means a better year for Pennington, but nat nearly as good for Martin....its a wash in my opionion....in a few years though, giving up the younger faster player may haunt them....

11. J-E-T-S 1083

just curious i have the impression that Coles is fast because in Madden 2005 Coles is a 99 speed and Moss is a 97 speed. So idk whats wrong with this picture.

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I wouldnt put too much stock in Madden ratings....Moss is much faster then Coles....Moss is a deep threat, Coles is a better player though....

13. MKIV_Supra

Madden 2005 is just for the 2004/2005 Season, now we are at the 2005/2006 Season.

14. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I will truly miss Santana's speed in the AFC East. NOT!!!!

Coles is defendable IMO.

15. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

lol go pack...lol

16. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

17. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually as much as i understand ur point BF i have to disagree.

I think its a good overall deal for both teams because both got wat they want. But i'm happy for the Jets about this deal.</div>

Well, Looking good for skins right now. I hate to say i told you so, wait no i dont. I TOLD YOU SO

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually as much as i understand ur point BF i have to disagree.

Well, Looking good for skins right now. I hate to say i told you so, wait no i dont. I TOLD YOU SO</div>

Week 2.......

19. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

One good game does not a season make. At the end of the year, Coles will have a much better stat line.

20. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>One good game does not a season make. At the end of the year, Coles will have a much better stat line.</div>

Just wanted to talk more shit, that way more to blow up in my face if i am wrong, which i wont be, and will have even more reason to talk trash to you for saying coles is better again