College Hoops - Fact or Fiction!

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Courtking, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

You've seen this thread around JBB but never in the college forum so here I am bringing it to you for the college forum and the 2005-06 season... [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction:
    UNC will have a winning record this season.

2. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

fiction, the loss of to many stars will result in a losing record.

F or F The Miami Hurricanes will make the NCAA Tourney

3. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Fact
    They are a top five team in the ACC with their great backcourt. If somebody steps up in the frontcourt this season you can see Miami being a sleeper in the tourny to win a couple games.

Fact or Fiction:
    Josh McRoberts, the highest ranked freshman coming in, will win freshman of the year.

4. playmaker15

Fact, he has tremendous skills and can be a great player. I see him going 1-5 in next years draft if he ocmes out.

F or F Even with a star studded line-up the Duke Blue Devils will not win the NCAA Title

5. ItsShowtyme24

ItsShowtyme24 JBB JustBBall Member

FACT:

They have some good freshman coming in like Josh McRoberts,Danny Green,and Marcus Ginyard.And Quentin Thomas is goin to do pretty good.

6. playmaker15

F or F Vilanova will have a shot at winning the big dance.

7. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker14:</div><div class="quote_post">F or F Vilanova will have a shot at winning the big dance.</div>

Absolutely fact. If Nova stays healthy, they should be all but a lock for the Final 4. They are one of the very best teams in college basketball.

Fact or Fiction: The Big 10 will get more than 5 teams into the 2005-06 NCAA Tournament.

8. playmaker15

Fiction,I only see Wisconson, MSU, Minnesota, and Iowa who will be a bubble team.

F or F even without Bob Huggins, Cinci will still make the tourney

9. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker14:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction,I only see Wisconson, MSU, Minnesota, and Iowa who will be a bubble team.

F or F even without Bob Huggins, Cinci will still make the tourney</div>

Fiction. Playing in a new and vastly improved Big East, and also considering their losses, the Bearcats will be lucky to get an NIT big without Huggins.

Fact or Fiction: UCLA will win the Pac 10 this season

10. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Schaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. Playing in a new and vastly improved Big East, and also considering their losses, the Bearcats will be lucky to get an NIT big without Huggins.

Fact or Fiction: UCLA will win the Pac 10 this season</div>

Fact
    I don't see any other teams who can contend with them in the Pac-10. With Jordan Farmer, Shipp, and Affalo the only teams I can see coming close are Arizona and Oregon but I do believe UCLA will come away with it.

Fact or fiction:
    Greg Oden will lead the Buckeyes' to a final four in his limited stay at Ohio State.

11. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

FACT, The Buckeyes may lose their top five leading scorers from last season, but I'm expecting big things from Ivan Harris, who hasn't received much playing time yet despite being a former McDonald's All-American. And they're not just bringing in Greg Oden; they're bringing in three other top 25 recruits and potentially another big time recruit in Raymar Smith (although I'm praying he goes to MSU). Conley/Cook/Lighty/Harris/Oden is very solid. I'm not going to give any limits as to what this team can achieve.

Fact or Fiction - George Washington will make the Sweet 16.

<font size="1">(BTW - There's no way that McRoberts wins FOY with Shelden and JJ in the lineup. It'll go to someone like Hansbrough, Hendrix, or Wright who is on a less crowded roster. The Big Ten should definitely have more than five teams in the Tournament too. Michigan State, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, and Indiana may all be ranked at the end of the year, and Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Ohio State should all have good chances as bubble teams. And UNC having a losing record? I doubt it. Their schedule isn't that hard. They've got what could be the best incoming Freshman class in America and some very underrated returning players like Quentin Thomas and Reyshawn Terry who just haven't had a chance to prove themselves behind guys like Felton and McCants. They'll lose to teams like Duke, Boston College, and Maryland, but they'll beat teams like Clemson, Virginia, and Georgia Tech to get a record over 50%.)</font>

12. playmaker15

Fact I think they can do some damage in this years tourney

F or F Alando Tucker will win Big 10 player of the year

13. Voodoo Child

FICTION, Tucker will probably be on the All-Big Ten First Team, but Wisconsin isn't really supposed to make too much noise next year, and that'll hurt his chances at winning the Player of the Year award. Also, Dee Brown won Big Ten Player of the Year last year, so I don't see why he wouldn't this year. And if Dee Brown doesn't win it, then it'll probably be Vincent Grier, Lester Abrahm, or one of the Michigan State trio (Davis, Ager, Brown).

Fact or Fiction - The Big Ten will finally win the Big Ten/ACC Challenge this year.

14. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Fact. Even with BC out of it the only two teams in the ACC that are going to make noise are Duke and Wake and they got two tough games coming up (Duke @ Indiana and Wake vs. Wisconsin) so yes I do think the Big Ten will win the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Michigan State, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State, and Wisconsin are all great teams in the Big Ten that will make some noise in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

F/F - Tyler Hansbrough will stay more then one year at UNC.

15. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Fact: I think he will play three years in Chapel Hill

Fact or Fiction: The A-10 will have more than 2 teams in the NCAA Tournament

16. Voodoo Child

FACT, George Washington, Temple, and Charlotte should all make it. It seems like St. Joseph's, Xavier, and Dayton are always in the mix for the tourny as well.

Fact or Fiction - Oklahoma will win the Big 12.

17. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Fiction. There's a team down there called Texas who shouldn't suffer losing C.J Miles that bad being that they have shooters like JD Lewis, Craig Winder and AJ Abrams all coming in. With a great point guard in Daniel Gibson and a healthy LaMarcus Aldridge, Texas may not only make noise in the Big XII but in the NCAA tourny.

Fact or fiction - Shannon Brown will live up to the hype this year and become one of the best players in college hoops.

18. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">FACT, George Washington, Temple, and Charlotte should all make it. It seems like St. Joseph's, Xavier, and Dayton are always in the mix for the tourny as well.

Fact or Fiction - Oklahoma will win the Big 12.</div>

Fact
    While Texas has arguably the more talented team, they are also younger and more inexperienced. OU is an experienced team with a coach who knows how to win when it matters. Texas is on the verge of a great run, but for one more year, at least, Oklahoma will be on top when all is said and done.

19. Voodoo Child

FICTION, I think he'll start showing off his talent, but when you say "one of the best players in the nation", that to me means J.J. Redick, Dee Brown, Shelden Williams, etc. The sky is the limit for Shannon Brown, but realistically he won't be able to put up the numbers to be considered "one of the best players in the nation" this season with Maurice Ager playing virtually the same position. I'm going to save that title for his Senior year.

Fact or Fiction - J.R. Giddens will be an All-American for New Mexico in '06-07.

20. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Fiction...but he'll be very good. Giddens will lead that team back into NCAA Tourney contention and he'll be one of the best players on the west coast, but playing at a smaller school won't get him the type of recognition he needs to be an All American.

Fact or Fiction: Louisville will make the Sweet 16 this year.