Colts LT Tarik Glenn retires

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by AdropOFvenom, Jul 21, 2007.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2944430Honestly, I always think this is a messed up move, if you're planning on retiring at least let your team know early in the offseason so that they have plenty of opportunity to replace you. The Colts Offensive Line takes a huge hit here, Glenn was one of the best.

2. david81

david81 BBW Member

As I said in this thread a day or two ago, this means a better 1st rounder from the Colts for the Niners next year [​IMG]

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david81 @ Jul 23 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As I said in this thread a day or two ago, this means a better 1st rounder from the Colts for the Niners next year [​IMG]</div>Peyton Manning himself is good for 10 wins, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

4. david81

david81 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 23 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david81 @ Jul 23 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As I said in this thread a day or two ago, this means a better 1st rounder from the Colts for the Niners next year [​IMG]</div>Peyton Manning himself is good for 10 wins, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.</div>They lost their best LB, two startin CBs, and their All-World LEFT TACKLE. Definitely not gonna be near the level they were at last year, which was really damn high. Thank you Tarik [​IMG]

5. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david81 @ Jul 23 2007, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 23 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david81 @ Jul 23 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As I said in this thread a day or two ago, this means a better 1st rounder from the Colts for the Niners next year [​IMG]</div>Peyton Manning himself is good for 10 wins, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.</div>They lost their best LB, two startin CBs, and their All-World LEFT TACKLE. Definitely not gonna be near the level they were at last year, which was really damn high. Thank you Tarik [​IMG]</div>June was a System Linebacker who was too small to make an impact in any other Defense. Why do you think nobody went after him in Free Agency until Tampa (Who runs the same System) got involved and they were able to sign him at a discount rate, not to mention they had already drafted his eventual replacement in Freddy Keiaho last year. And Cover 2 Corners are a dime a dozen and they already had their replacements in Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden who have been able to learn from the starters for 2 years now. They might take a bit of a step back in those moves, but at the same time I would think that Booger McFarland and Bob Sanders being there for a full year this season will also have a huge positive impact on the DefenseTheir GM is normally great at having the foresight to realize what positions are going to be holes 1-2 years in the Future and addressing them before it becomes a problem. Hell, we're talking about a GM that has survived losing Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington, and David Thornton at Linebacker in the past few years without losing a beat.Tarik Glenn's sudden leaving will have an impact.....but we're still talking about the Colts Offense here, with the pieces they have they will still be a very productive offense. At the most it'll be a 2 game swing IMO.

6. david81

david81 BBW Member

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='95644' date='Jul 23 2007, 12:18 PM'][quote name='david81' post='95643' date='Jul 23 2007, 07:50 AM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='95642' date='Jul 23 2007, 08:44 AM'][quote name='david81' post='95641' date='Jul 23 2007, 07:42 AM']As I said in this thread a day or two ago, this means a better 1st rounder from the Colts for the Niners next year [​IMG][/quote]Peyton Manning himself is good for 10 wins, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.[/quote]They lost their best LB, two startin CBs, and their All-World LEFT TACKLE. Definitely not gonna be near the level they were at last year, which was really damn high. Thank you Tarik [​IMG][/quote]June was a System Linebacker who was too small to make an impact in any other Defense. Why do you think nobody went after him in Free Agency until Tampa (Who runs the same System) got involved and they were able to sign him at a discount rate, not to mention they had already drafted his eventual replacement in Freddy Keiaho last year. And Cover 2 Corners are a dime a dozen and they already had their replacements in Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden who have been able to learn from the starters for 2 years now. They might take a bit of a step back in those moves, but at the same time I would think that Booger McFarland and Bob Sanders being there for a full year this season will also have a huge positive impact on the DefenseTheir GM is normally great at having the foresight to realize what positions are going to be holes 1-2 years in the Future and addressing them before it becomes a problem. Hell, we're talking about a GM that has survived losing Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington, and David Thornton at Linebacker in the past few years without losing a beat.Tarik Glenn's sudden leaving will have an impact.....but we're still talking about the Colts Offense here, with the pieces they have they will still be a very productive offense. At the most it'll be a 2 game swing IMO.[/quote]But in that defense he was a monster. Now they're goin in with a guy who will not make as many plays as Cato (That's such a tight ass name). Jackson and Hayden have not started for them before for a season so who knows what to expect, but I think they wont be as solid as David and Harper were just cuz the latter duo consistently started for them for a long long time. Bob Sanders owns. Booger not so much anymore.You're right about their GM, pretty damn good and probably expects the team to not miss a beat with who they have lost besides Tarik.A 2 game swing, I dont think I expected it to be any bigger but maybe 3. Well hopefully, when it comes to draft picks every win can be a big difference in the order.

7. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Do you think it's really going to matter as long as they got a 6-5 230 pound QB with a rocket laser arm?

8. TCOF

TCOF NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Jul 23 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you think it's really going to matter as long as they got a 6-5 230 pound QB with a rocket laser arm?</div>A 6-5 230 lb QB with a rocket laser arm can't make throws if he doesn't get good protection which could happen here.

9. david81

david81 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TCOF @ Jul 23 2007, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Jul 23 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you think it's really going to matter as long as they got a 6-5 230 pound QB with a rocket laser arm?</div>A 6-5 230 lb QB with a rocket laser arm can't make throws if he doesn't get good protection which could happen here.</div>Especially one who pisses his pants when he even sees a defender in front of him.But if you're bein sarcastic about his cell phone commercial then, lol.

10. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think Peyton might experience an injury this year from a vicious hit on his blind side. Might not be major. But no LT they put in now will be nowhere close to as good as Glenn. Their option is Ugoh or a recent 6th rounder to protect Peyton's blind side... Peyton better start watching his back literally.

11. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david81 @ Jul 23 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bob Sanders owns. Booger not so much anymore.</div>McFarland is still good. Last year with the Colts alone he had 45 tackles, a FR, and 2.5 sacks. That was just the 11 games he was with them. With the Bucs in 5 starts he added his 13 tackles. So a big guy meant to plug the middle getting a total of 58 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and a FR is definitley not any bit a sign of slowing up.