Combine odds and ends....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheBeef, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Of the 60 Offensive Lineman that weighedin at to the NFL Combine, 57 weighed over 300 lbs....the smallest OL invited(LSU Center Ben Wilkerson) weighed 297....

The heaviest OL was 347 lbs(Pittsburgh Tackle Rob Petitti)....

No OL measured shorter than 6'2'' and 1/4(Wisconson Guard Jonathon Clinksale and New Mexico guard Claude Terrell)....

The tallest OL invited was 6'9''(Washington St Tackle Sam Lightbody)....

BYU Guard Scott Young is the strongest player to lift so far, putting up 225lbs 43 times....

Ill try to update this thread daily as I get info....

2. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

I'm worried bout Wilk. he got hurt at the end of the season, and that knee of his probably won't hold up. So he won't go as high as he should of (if he didn't get hurt)

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

The most impressive thing I have seen so far was Darren Sproles....Sproles(from K-St) is a small back, he stands no more than 5'7'', but today I watched him rip off 23 reps of 225....thats amazing for a man that weighs about 180lbs....to put it into context, Ronnie Brown(6'1'', 225lbs) did 22 and Clarett(5'11'', 234lbs) did 23....I had no idea that Sproles had that kind of functional strength....maybe he can overcome his size and be a productive NFL player, im really interested in seeing his 40 time....

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Usually you see top prospect go to the combine and measure smaller or lighter than thier college listed them....the opposite is the case for Carnell "Cadillac" Williams....listed at 5'10'' and 200lbs by Auburn, the Caddy measured in at 5'10'' and 7/8ths and weighed in at 217lbs....I read that more than one scout did a double-take when they found out who he was becuase they expected an undersized back and they got a much larger and muscular version....that 5'11'' and 217 isnt undersized at all for an NFL back, in fact, lots of NFL backs weigh in at 205 or so....

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

FSU LT Alex Barron caused a stir when he broke the combine record on the Cybex machine, a device that measures leg strength....the actual numbers were not reported, but multiple scouts confirmed that the unofficial record went down....