comments for the 2k7 site mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thoth, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

This might be better than the "Are we doing..." thread?

2. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

thanks!

so far no big surprises. brady quinn maybe a little high, but Detroit could go in many different directions with that pick. I considered Adrian Peterson for the Browns, but their willingness to deal Droughns leads me to believe they're satisfied with Jamal Lewis for now. With Winslow Jr & Edwards already on the depth chart I didn't see the pressing need for another receiving threat, which is why I passed on Calvin Johnson.

3. Thoth

Your welcome. Anything to make the life of a Pats fan easier. :angel:

I was hoping Quinn would still be on the board (when Miami picks) just so I could extend his freefall. Call it catharsis.

4. Thoth

I was hoping Panthers would not select Gaines Adams for the Cards

The Skins need plenty of help on the D line. Okoye can contribute right away, still mature, and be force in the league for many years.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

At 7 does Minnesta take Peterson, hes the best player on the board, and Jarrett isnt top 10 material. Peterson and Taylor could be a scary duo, then bring Melwelde Moore on passing 3rd downs.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I think they'd go with Laron Landry. Their secondary is awful against the pass.

7. Thoth

I gotta agree w/ Porky. Their pass D was horrible... that calls for secondary help. I think Landry or R Nelson is their man,

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I gotta agree w/ Porky. Their pass D was horrible... that calls for secondary help. I think Landry or R Nelson is their man,</div>
    There is no room in the Vikings Safeties for another safety, they have Darren Sharper, Dwight Smith, Greg Blue, and they resigned Tank Williams. They dont have the roster spot for another Safety, I could see them drafting a cornerback like Leon Hall, but not a safety, because you already have 4 good safeties.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I gotta agree w/ Porky. Their pass D was horrible... that calls for secondary help. I think Landry or R Nelson is their man,</div>
    There is no room in the Vikings Safeties for another safety, they have Darren Sharper, Dwight Smith, Greg Blue, and they resigned Tank Williams. They dont have the roster spot for another Safety, I could see them drafting a cornerback like Leon Hall, but not a safety, because you already have 4 good safeties.</div>
    None of those safeties are really any good. Sharper has decline. I'm sure VF will be the first to tell us that. Smith and Williams have no long term future with the team. Williams only signed a one year deal. He could just as easily be released. Chances are one or both get cut in June or during roster cut downs. Blue is the backup SS right now and is probably the future SS. They really aren't that strong at the position. A future FS is a huge need and not to mention Landry might be the best player on the board. I don't see the pick set in stone but they have to upgrade that secondary and Landry is the best DB in the Draft especially in coverage.

10. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>None of those safeties are really any good... Landry is the best DB in the Draft especially in coverage.</div>
    Exactly. If the pass D is as bad as I gather then why keep the same cast of characters?

Using the Dolphins as an example, Sa*an drafted Jason Allen last year with the rationale IMO that having a FS who can occasionally cover a WR gives the D that much more flexibility.

11. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

I think they gotta go Landry at 7 if he is there. He is the best all around Safety in the last couple of drafts. He is most known by us downsouth for his massive hits he gives out.

as for Reggie Nelson, he is not a top 10 prospect, i've heard better things about the Safety from Texas.

12. Thoth

BJ; Shameless plug for a Bayou Bengal? I'm shocked. [​IMG]

Turnabout being fair play. Eric Weddle could be a late day 1 pick. He is the best safety who can return kicks NOT Zbikowski.

I believe Griffin is the Safety From UTx. R. Nelson IMO got a bump from the Gators success.

13. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Just being honest. Its been a while since LSU has had this many great players, just lettin everyone else know how good they are.

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just being honest. Its been a while since LSU has had this many great players, just lettin everyone else know how good they are.</div>
    LSU has a lot of good players. They're the most underrated program in the country in my opinion. I thought they had as much talent at as anyone last year.

15. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

They have had alot of solid NFL players in the last 10 years

Its just rare to have 3 1st round LSU players, not to mention 3 top 20

16. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

So is someone going to draft for the vikings??? or are we gonna skip em.. lets keep the draft going

17. bakes781

I considered Dwayne Jarret for the Falcons, but the better value went to Landry here IMO.

18. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think they'd go with Laron Landry. Their secondary is awful against the pass.</div>
    That was a very skewed statistic. The Vikings had the #1 run defense and teams knew that they could spread the field and pass underneath. The real vulnerability in the pass defense was actually the linebackers, not the secondary.

Adrian Peterson is by far the best player at this point - at #7 there is no way you can pass on a franchise RB.

19. Thoth

AP to the Vikings at first didn't make sense but if I recall the Vikings went w/ RB by committee last yr.

I know the Falcons need a QB. lol. A Big, physical WR to compliment Crumpler could be just the thing Vick needs.

As for Miami's pick, The secondary was not the best. Adding a #1 CB will improve the whole unit. The front 7 w/ Porter will be fierce. If they were the #4 D last year. These 2 additions might put them up there w/ the 85 Bears & 2000 Ravens

20. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>As for Miami's pick, The secondary was not the best. Adding a #1 CB will improve the whole unit. The front 7 w/ Porter will be fierce. If they were the #4 D last year. These 2 additions might put them up there w/ the 85 Bears & 2000 Ravens</div>
    What are you smoking? lol They have a few aging vets that are HOF potential but other than that this D is in desperate need of a youth movement.