Congrats to Miami..

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by JustBry07, Dec 20, 2004.

1. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

..On the W over the Patriots. Great game.

Congratulations are definately in order!

2. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Absolutely. I watched most of the game...great finish!

Brady made some pretty bad decisions at the end there, but everyone has their bad days.

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

One thing that keeps my head up these days is that the Dolphin players have been very professional this year. What I mean by that is that they have been fighting hard every game. They gave the Bills fits. They gave the Broncos fits. Now, they beat the Patriots with heart and hustle. Does anyone on that team have anymore heart than Jason Taylor? I was proud of this team tonight.

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

A great win for Miami...no thanks to the officials. How many times were they going to allow pass interference without calling it? I mean, come on...if you run a guy over and you're not even LOOKING for the ball...last time I checked, that meant first and goal on the one.

Oh, well... They won, despite getting no help from the zebras. Great win! A fun game to watch...

5. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

Great Game Miami!!!!! Shows that anything can happen in the NFL. Be great if the Jets can do it next week. Now i gotta go make fun of all my friends who are Patriots fans [​IMG]

6. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Great Game....... its good to have a little optimism, i watch eli have a good game and i knew it was good for the future, it gave me hope, i hope this woin helped the season go by a tiny bit easier

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

That was Feeley's breakthrough game IMO. The highlight of the night was Bates jumping up to bump chests w/ Freeman after the game clinching INT.

Dale is right. The 'phins have showed nothing but class the past 2 weeks.

One more thought from last nights game; Adawale who? D Bowens has been a good if not great replacement.

8. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I declared it the end of the patriots, beef was a little less excited as he saw his high draft pick prospects drop.

9. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I declared it the end of the patriots, beef was a little less excited as he saw his high draft pick prospects drop.</div>

So, is beef going to be depressed when Miami beats Cleveland & ends up @ #3 to start?

Regardless of new coach and/or GM, Miami will trade down & accumulate an extra pick or three.

10. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

might win out and drop way back.

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I wasnt happy that they won, I really wanted to pick #1, now 3rd looks like the place....I really am starting to warm to the idea of Jim Bates as a head coach in Miami....that chest bump is one of the reasons I think he should be the coach....

12. Thoth

The chest bump may have been the highlight of the season

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'm warming up to Jim Bates as well, but I would like to know what type of scheme he has in mind for the Dolphins next year. I would also be curious to see who he would bring in as his OC. How about Scott Paoli as GM and Jim Bates as coach if Paoli is comfortable with Bates? I know that contradicts a post I made a few weeks ago, but I do like the spirit that Bates has the Dolphins playing with right now.

14. Thoth

Again; I agree w/ Dale. I would not mind seeing Bates especially with what I've seen against the Broncos & Pats.

As I understand it, Its virtually a done deal w/ Saban who'll have complete control over football operations. Goodbye Spielman?

I am curious to know what style of offense he'll run. Bates s/b retained as D co-ord IMO & Foerster as OC.

FWIW, Its a shame that we cant what Foerster or Norv even would have done w/o you know who.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'm just not comfy with Saban having GM duties as well. I think the Dolphins need a seperate GM and coach.