OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

This is quite possibly the saddest thing i can listen to today. The problem is it's so very true. The rest of the world calls us STUPID! "Someone who obviously received his education in AMERICA!
    This is what happens when you spend more money on the policing than you do on education. Lets not even speak about military.

2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it sad as much as I would pathetic and enraging

I saw a little of Anderson Cooper's show last night, and there was a reporter from CNN interviewing trump supporters going into a trump rally. He was asking them about trump's refusal to condemn QAnon. The amount of willful ignorance and denial was off the charts. The answers and responses were flatly stupid. These idiots have actually worked to get more ignorant and more wrong-headed. The reason so many refuse to wear masks is they do not believe there's a pandemic. And even if they suspect there is, they are so stubbornly ignorant they still think their rights are being taken away by government asking them to be accountable to other people and try and prevent infection

I think very few of them are redeemable. They will carry this stubborn ignorance as a shield against reality till the day they die. I know several people like this and none have changed their tune or modified their perspective. They just go deeper down the rabbit holes in their hard heads.

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

American MSM has a bizarre fascination with (false) equivalence. It's given rise to the notion that opinions driven by special interests or just generalized insanity are deserving of an equal platform to those of experts and people with meaningful experience.

5. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-tennessee-mask-mandate-233347497.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The White House quietly told Tennessee early this week that “a statewide mask mandate must be implemented" to curb its growing spread of COVID-19, strong instructions that the White House and governor did not discuss publicly before the report emerged in a records request.

The Oct. 11 state report for Tennessee, where Republican Gov. Bill Lee has let counties decide whether to require masks in public, first came to light in a records request by WUOT-FM. The Associated Press obtained the report from the Knox County Health Department afterward.

"A statewide mask mandate must be implemented to stop the increasing spread among residents in rural and urban areas of Tennessee," the item in a list of recommendations states.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly said he was not in favor of mask mandates, but the recommendations of the task force and public health agencies, like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, have often been at odds with the White House's rhetoric.

The report takes the strongest tone to date in urging Tennessee to act, though Lee has made it clear for months that he did not think masks should be required across the state. Lee, who has urged people to wear masks, continued to advise against a statewide mandate Friday in an online news conference, in which he didn't mention the White House's instruction a few days earlier.

“Statewide, one-size-fits-all mandates are not as effective in many cases as local decision making,” Lee said.

In a statement late Friday, the governor's office said the White House report had not altered his thinking.

“The governor has strongly encouraged Tennesseans to make responsible decisions to protect themselves and others from COVID-19, including wearing masks in public, avoiding large gatherings, and staying home when sick," the statement said. “The governor’s view has not changed based upon non-binding recommendations from the federal government. Previous White House reports dating back to the summer have included similar recommendations, so the inclusion here is not novel."

Earlier in the week, the governor and his health commissioner downplayed the importance of releasing those White House “red zone” reports. They aren't regularly released publicly, but the governor's office has produced them when requested by The Associated Press.

Lee told reporters Wednesday that “Multiple streams of data from multiple places is not helpful to people,” saying his administration tries to be as “clear and concise as possible” in reporting data. Health Commissioner Lisa Piercey said the White House data comes in at a lag, and said the recommendations in the report are “nothing novel, quite frankly.”

“In all of those reports the recommendations are exactly what your hear coming from our mouths, from the folks at the White House Coronavirus Task Force,” Piercey said.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The wording of the Oct. 11 White House report differed from the one a week earlier, which said, “Masks must be worn indoors in all public settings and group gathering sizes should be limited.”

In late July, White House COVID-19 task force leader Deborah Birx visited Nashville and urged all Tennesseans to wear a mask. At the same event, Lee said he’s “been to counties that have a mandate where people are not wearing masks as well.”

7. BigGameDamian

Rounding the curve folks!

8. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Watching Alabama Georgia and the stadium looks to be half full or more.
    Looks like Trump rally

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  9. BigGameDamian

Lanny, GoBlazersGo and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

It probably wasn't really a Covid-related death, anyways. After all, I'm sure he had some sort of pre-existing condition that lead to his seemingly-early demise.

If they had just simply *not* tested him for Covid-19, we could've avoided yet another senseless Covid-19 death in the statistics.

ehizzy3, Chris Craig, THE HCP and 4 others like this.
  11. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

12. BigGameDamian

13. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    (Source: Reddit) Street car conductor in Seattle not allowing passengers aboard without a mask, during Spanish Flu Pandemic in 1918.

14. BigGameDamian

15. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

17. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    10/20/20
    Microsoft News
    ......His personal warfare against Fauci on a frenzied day on the campaign trail, while indecent and questionable from a strategic political perspective, revealed how the US government effort to beat the pandemic has been suppressed in the service of Trump's reelection.

"Tony Fauci has been the most clear, consistent proponent of the measures the United States needs to protect itself from a deadly disease," William Haseltine, a renowned public health expert and former professor at Harvard Medical School, told CNN's Erin Burnett on Monday.

"What Donald Trump is doing is attacking the fire department when the house in burning down. This is a very serious time."

Trump's conduct is typical of an approach to the disease that has rejected science when it doesn't provide answers that are politically palpable and has threatened to cause the sickness and death of tens of thousands more Americans.......

18. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

I've had a sore throat for the past week. I always wear a mask, I stay home as much as possible, but I feel like I should go get tested. I also feel a bit like a hypochondriac. Anyone else feel this way?

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  19. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Every day.

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  20. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

I appreciate your empathy, bud.

GoBlazersGo and theprunetang like this.