OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I did do a little googling about this...

Iceland is joining its Nordic peers in halting inoculations with Moderna Inc.’s Spikevax shot on concern over side effects.

The Moderna jab, which has mostly been used in Iceland for second doses, won’t be used until more information over its safety has been collected, the chief epidemiologist said on Friday.

Sweden, Denmark and Finland have this week suspended the jabs for younger people because of the risk of heart inflammation as a potential side effect. Norway said men under 30 should consider choosing the Pfizer Inc.’s and BioNTech SE’s rival vaccine, and the other Nordic nations also recommended that as an alternative. Both vaccinations use messenger RNA technology to prompt an immune reaction.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...c-peers-in-halting-moderna-covid-vaccinations

1. It appears that the Spikevax is for 2nd doses and is not being used in the USA.

2. I firmly support them halting its use until more information over its safety has been collected.

Lanny likes this.
  2. royo

royo Well-Known Member

I don't follow tweeter and I'm not gonna should the messenger, bc of its whales pics. I only had time to check if this actually happened. It is not about tweeter then, it is about fact.
    I would have thought, that this kind of fact could put 2+2=4 on debate, but it made no waves.
    You have your kinda clear conclusion, for me it is another warning sign. But the fact such an important information went under radar here, I believe, proofs my point, that people are the same on both sides of this story.
    I am not throwing shit on dogs I like. I am just pointing, that people here got long and meaningless argument about nothing and both sides choose not no talk to much about facts, that could bring actual discussion and some peace and culture;)

3. SlyPokerDog

I'm sorry but a random twitter account saying something is not a fact.

I didn't shoot the messenger because of it's whale gifs. I said I liked them.

And what clear conclusion do you think I have?

I found an actual article with actual facts and I said I supported halting the use of a vaccine not offered in the USA until more information is available. Is that not fair? Reasonable?

Lanny and Phatguysrule like this.
  4. royo

royo Well-Known Member

I don't put my head under random tweets. We both checked if it was true and appears it is. Therefore, it is a fact.
    I think your "kinda" clear conclusion is there could be a problem with this exact one vacc. It's ok with me.

For me, it is a warning sign, that it is still to early to be sure about vaccines alltogether.

We have slightly different conclusion - not from the tweet or "article", but - from the fact, that some countries (really, not that stupid ones) have their concerns.

At least we talk about it without accusing each other of being moron or morderer.

5. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

It's not worth having many traffic cops.

The only reason we had so many to begin with was to raise funds via tickets. Now that's no longer profitable because people have cameras and evidence and the city pays out more in lawsuits and damages than they can recoup in fines.

It's just not worth it. I drive all over the Portland metro all the time and I don't have any more problems than I've had in the past.

Just fewer slowdowns from speed traps... And a few more spun out cars on the side of the road.

Lanny likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

You asked why no discussion about what someone said in a tweet.

Without an article or other information, there really wasn't much to discuss.

BLAZINGGIANTS, Lanny and Phatguysrule like this.
  7. Phatguysrule

Many national guard are already vaccinated. That's who they'd use.

8. royo

royo Well-Known Member

Well, not really. This tweet brings some point to the discussion and you can check, if it is a fact, by yourself.
    Unless you to lazy, or you to afraid to do this diabolic research stuff.
    Unless for "your side" nothing is a fact or nothing is worth checking untill it goes from Jeff van Gundy.

9. SlyPokerDog

I did check it by myself. I was the one who provided a link to an article about it.

What exactly is "my side"?

I didn't post the Jeff Van Gundy tweet. (and I'll be the first to admit I didn't research it to see if it was true so I guess that does make me lazy.)

Lanny likes this.
  10. Phatguysrule

If we tried to chase down info regarding every stupid tweet that gets posted in here we'd never have time for anything else. You shared the tweet. Feel free to back it up with legitimate data if you want people to think it's legit.

11. SlyPokerDog

Actually, I think it was @EL PRESIDENTE that posted the tweet. @royo is just disappointed that there wasn't more of a discussion based on it.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  12. Phatguysrule

Good point. Though I think my point stands.

If somebody wants to get that discussion going they can do so by backing it up with data.

Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

Do you have any data to back up that people should have data to back up their discussions?

14. royo

royo Well-Known Member

No, man, your point doesn't hold.

There was an information about countries, that happened to be most developed countries in the world, having concerns about vaccines and for you it is "stupid tweet".

15. royo

royo Well-Known Member

By saying "you are lazy" I am referring to people that are too lazy, not to you personally.
    There are some people here, that are happy to discuss stupid things and keep it quiet, when actual fact appears and I am referring to them.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. SlyPokerDog

Delta variant has 235% higher risk of ICU admission than original virus
    • New variants of SARS-CoV-2 are more virulent and transmissible than the original variant of the virus.
    • Health experts associate these variants of concern (VOCs) with increased risk of hospitalization, intensive care unit (ICU) admission, and death.
    • Vaccination reduces the risks of severe disease and death even with the VOCs.
    • However, even with increased vaccination, control measures are needed to reduce the spread of the VOCs.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...her-risk-of-icu-admission-than-original-virus

17. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I don't understand how you guys have posted this fucking much in this thread.

bigbailes and BLAZINGGIANTS like this.
  18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Reading tweets is not "doing research".

Lanny and Phatguysrule like this.
  19. Phatguysrule

If there is no legit data to back it up its not worth my consideration. You can complain about it all you want, but it's not available in the US, doesn't impact me, and there is no data to associate it with Americans.

Have fun.

Tyrant of Ants and Lanny like this.
  20. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    This is why they call you Teflon Sly.

SlyPokerDog likes this.