OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

Then start with links that I'll find unacceptable and we can go from there. I'm just curious to see what's made you so confident that children are safer getting covid than they are getting vaccinated.

2. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

:smack::breakdance:

3. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

The sun is good for us is not a scientific statement.
    Vaccines are safe and effective is. Research backs it up.
    Vaccines are not 100% effective. Nothing in medicine is. I know three women who got pregnant while using birth control pills. Pill is more than 99% effective but out of hundreds of millions of users some are unlucky. It is vastly more effective than hoping for the best.
    Vaccines are not 100% risk free. Nothing in medicine, or life, is. People have died from aspirin. But vaccines are vastly less risky than polio, smallpox, measles, diphtheria, pertussis, influenza, and Covid.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  4. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I think science tells us that if the sun were to disappear, explode, or otherwise stop producing radiation, then we'd all die.

Therefore, I think the sun is good for us.

barfo

Phatguysrule likes this.
  5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

The sun provides vitamin D which is good for us. Not scientifically proven?

hmm this article here from yale says vitamin d is needed for humans and that we can get it from the sun.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/vitamin-d-myths-debunked

“First, some facts: Your body needs vitamin D. Its main job is to help the body absorb calcium from the intestines. This calcium is necessary to help “mineralize the skeleton” over the course of your lifetime and is a critical mineral for forming the hardened bone that keeps you strong and healthy.”

“When exposed to the sun, your skin can manufacture its own vitamin D. “We each have vitamin D receptor cells that, through a chain of reactions starting with conversion of cholesterol in the skin, produce vitamin D3 when they’re exposed to ultraviolet B (UVB) from the sun,” says Yale Medicine dermatologist David J. Leffell, MD, chief of Dermatologic Surgery. “

So how is it not a “scientific” statement saying the Sun is good for most?

are you trying to refute the yale article above? If not, im not sure of the point you are trying to make here….

…Other than you just agreed with me that vaccines are not 100% effective.
    And for most people to take it, may be the best thing. However for some, facts have proven it has not been.

So how could i possibly ridicule or force, or make fun of anyone to do something that has a potential risk… however slight?

Its no more my right to tell a person they have to get the vaccine than it is to tell a pregnant woman, she cant have an abortion.

HailBlazers likes this.
  6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Pregnancy isn't an infectious disease.

But I agree with you. You (or I) don't have any right to order other people around.

Public policy makers do, however, have not just the right but the obligation to ensure public safety.

barfo

Phatguysrule and Tyrant of Ants like this.
  7. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Life on earth depends on the sun. That is provable fact. Good for you is a vague statement, not something science deals with. Mercury is bare rock because it is close to sun.
    Hey, I made my living as medical writer and editor, makes me picky about language.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Phatguysrule likes this.
  8. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

A study by Kaiser Family Foundation showed people whose primary news source is Fox are more likely to believe misinformation about pandemic and vaccine than those whose primary news source is local news or other national networks.

Phatguysrule and BLAZINGGIANTS like this.
  9. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

A pregnant woman getting an abortion doesn't cause other people to die. Forcing pregnant women to carry a pregnancy to term has always resulted in increased violence and crime rates, and has always negatively impacted the economy. Basically, there is no benefit. All down side. Allowing women to make the choice is basically all up side.

Not getting vaccinated can kill millions. Getting vaccinated has no negative impact on society. Quite the opposite.

There is a huge difference between the two.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I have politely and factually replied to you numerous times. Others have too. You have this pattern of coming in this thread, mocking people, and then claiming you're somehow a victim. It's very odd.

But if that's how you see yourself in this then cool.

11. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Yeah No.

In fact, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said that the Covid vaccines are working “exceptionally well” against severe illness and death, but “what they can’t do anymore is prevent transmission.”

12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Exactly. You can get the virus but have mild or no symptoms. Instead of, you know, dying.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    death ≠ preventing transmission.

14. Phatguysrule

Exactly what I said. Transmission doesn't kill millions of vaccinated people. Or even hundreds of thousands.

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

oh please. You read the condescension from others just like we do….just because you have done so politely, doesn't mean others have been the same.
    Right above you is me trying to have a conversation but you know picky with words and semantics instead of addressing the meat of the topic…

you dont call that shit out but instead focus on johnny and making him out as some me victim because YOU were polite.
    Doesn't mean others have been polite…

i know this play too…..

its the same play, different day from many here…

stop protecting them.

jonnyboy likes this.
  16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

so whether you are vaxxed or not, you can now spread it the same?

so then anyone not vaxxed is just making a personal choice that does not change the affect the choice has on others?

but yet there is still mass condescension for those concerned about the vax for personal reasons?

and the moral authority crowd is still belittling some for not being vaxxed?

if the vaxx doesn't stop the spread or quell it, then what concern is it of anyone else if another doesn't get vaxxed?

17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Not being vaxxed doesnt cause others to die either. Read below. Hyperbole much?

so they are exactly the same. A personal choice, that i shouldn't force another to make one way or the others. But i wouldn't expect you to understand that.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

and what policy makers have made vaxxines mandatory?
    But sure, twist things again instead of focusing on the point made… typical.

19. Phatguysrule

It absolutely does. When hospitals are full of unvaccinated people other people who need care die.

Also that link doesn't say what you're implying. That vaccination doesn't 100% prevent transmission doesn't mean anything except it's still a good idea for the vaccinated to wear masks in crowded settings until the assholes get vaccinated.

Vaccination does reduce the risks of infection by about 70-80%.

So yes, not getting vaccinated makes you more likely to infect others, thereby more likely to perpetuate the pandemic which has killed millions.

20. Phatguysrule

Many corporate policy makers. And most public policy makers have refused to restrict companies from making mandates.

Aside from that, here's one.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-mandates-work-find-civilian-workforce/story?id=81108579