OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Of course not. No one has suggested that.

barfo

Chris Craig likes this.
  2. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Once again, a complete mischaracterization in literally the first sentence. I didn’t say this. I said Israel had a shit load of cases despite being highly vaccinated. I was correct an hour ago and I still am.
    A phase the “experts” denied the existence of until recent months. We were told for a year and a half that if everyone got vaccinated this thing would go away. That was never going to be the case.

3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Already did

4. jonnyboy

Clearly I have to ask then, why isn’t this fact being represented in highly vaccinated countries like Israel, in regards to spread? I’m not discounting the vaccine reducing symptoms, but I think the idea that it helps reduce spread is off, given the data. If Israel has drastically less symptomatic infection they should by all means have less cases, according to the “symptomatic spread” theory. The data does not show this.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. jonnyboy

You’re clearly involving yourself in an argument you aren’t prepared to back up. Taking little jabs and making broad generalizations accomplishes nothing. At least the other posters are attempting to make an argument, whether I disagree with them or not.

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Lol

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Being vaccinated means with Omicron you are sick for a shorter about of time compared to people who are unvaccinated. Being sick/contagious for a shorter amount of time means there is a shorter amount of time you can spread it to others.

This applies to the flu and even the common cold. The less you are around people while you are sick the less you spread it to others. Hell, I guess this could even apply to herpes. The less you fuck when you're having a flair-up the less you can spread it to others.

Chris Craig likes this.
  8. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Yes

THE HCP likes this.
  9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

not everyone got vaccinated....that was the goal of attaining 83% vaccination first wave of covid to attain herd immunity...due to stubborn refusals..the original wave morphed into two more waves which all virologists knew would expand the shelf life of the pandemic for years....you're not correct about your claims and your refusal to adhere to safety protocols if that's what you actually did...contributed to extending and mutating of the virus....fact is we could have capped it early...I cited countries that did and you seem disinterested in their success because of your focus on failed regions...not successful ones.....you are wrong about vaccinations but that's your choice.....I follow a travel blog on Africa and you'd probably love it there....literally nobody wears a mask in most places and according to medical professionals there....many, many deaths from covid there have zero hospital records because the people like the Masai just burn the dead ...they never get autopsies...all the anti vax propoganda out there has caused at least two unnecessary waves of covid to spread....that's on the anti vaxxers.....if you're vaccinated you will most likely survive...the death tolls here in the US are overwhelmingly unvaccinated people...choices

Chris Craig likes this.
  10. Phatguysrule

tenor (20).gif

11. Phatguysrule

V A C C I N A T I O N

12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Daily Covid cases are now falling in seven U.S. states and no state is recording more than a 300% increase over the past two weeks as Omicron spread begins to slow
    • Covid cases are now decreasing in seven U.S. states, New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Georgia, Florida and Connecticut
    • Only 23 states have had Covid cases double over the past two weeks, after more than 40 were recording 10% changes or higher at points last week
    • Only eight states have case changes of over 200%, after nearly every western state was recording tripling cases last week
    • No state has had it's daily Covid case average jump by 300% or more within the past 14 days
    • Tennessee is now the leader in Covid mortality rate and Rhode Island holds its longtime lead of infection rates
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...g-seven-U-S-states-Omicron-surge-recedes.html

THE HCP and SlyPokerCat like this.
  13. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

In Israel 75% of the eligible population got at least 1 dose, vs. 73% in the us, fully vaccinated (2 doses) rate is 65% vs. the US's 63%, where Israel is ahead of the US is in booster - at almost 50% vs. 25% - but anyone who says that Israel is highly vaccinated is wrong. They are only slightly ahead of the US.

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  14. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

15. jonnyboy

Precisely.

16. jonnyboy

S P O N G E B O B M E M E

17. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. UncleCliffy'sDaddy wrote:

To which johnnyboy quoted and responded with:

Slypokerdog then posts an article regarding Israel that includes:

So based on the article, and virtually every other article, UncleCliffy'sDaddy appears to be correct. Our current fucked up situation with the hospitals would not be nearly as dire if more people had the vaccine. People would not be getting turned away for things like elective surgery. People would not be getting treated in the hallways.

Johnnyboy is now solely focused on case rate when that wasn't even what UncleCliffy'sDaddy was referring to? Sounds about right.

:beatinto:

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  18. jonnyboy

Well, he wrote a lot more than that in his original post, you only quoted a single part to try and make your argument appear chronologically correct, which it isn’t. Prior to the part you quoted he made NO mention of hospitalizations. He only went that route AFTER I referenced data from highly vaccinated countries showing high transmission. I even called this out in a later comment, which you didn’t read obviously.

But once again I will say…Hospitalizations are going down, deaths are going down, continually. The unhinged hatred toward people based on their vaccination status is becoming more and more irrelevant by the day, and increasingly more irrational and nonsensical, not only morally but mathematically.

19. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

I quoted the part you quoted... duh.

He definitely referenced hospitals in that same post. Good God man. Here's his post:

A quick check of the recent numbers says they haven't been continually going down, as was the case a few days ago when you posted the same thing.

20. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Just so we’re clear, your opinion is no more (or less) valid than mine. It is strictly your opinion, with no facts to back it up. You too appear to have “Covid Burnout” and express it the same way I do. Only our viewpoints diverge. Your take on people who disdain antivaxxers is absolutely no more or less defensible than my take on antivaxxers. I wouldn’t call “hatred” of antivaxxers “unhinged”, nor would I even call it “hatred”. But disgust is certainly an accurate term…….we’re slinging opinions back and forth, using data selected to back up our individual viewpoints. I’m still open to the truth being somewhere in the middle…..if it even exists at all.