OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    enough of what? Yes, I have had enough of his daily rants of attacking posters in a page long rant. This is far from the first time he has done this.

2. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I probably know 10 people who think they had it late fall early winter. I know many of the positive's had mild cases and were not hospitalized.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

BigGameDamian and Chris Craig like this.
  4. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

unfortunately, you need a percentage closer to 60% for herd immunity to begin to control the virus. even at the high end estimate of 7%, i suggest we have a very long way to go before the virus becomes of any smaller concern in opening up the country. imho, schools are still the key factor, especially considering the little petri dishes that kids are with any infectious virus or bacteria.
    remember back if you can and honestly tell me that young adults and teens are going to maintain social distancing between the sexes as one example. there needs to be a bigger and bolder plan in place before opening can happen for working parents and the safety of the most vulnerable. to me, an important metric of a government is its protections of its most marginalized and vulnerable.

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I am tired of your attacking posters too rather than attempting conversation. This last argument started because you put words in his mouth. He never said anything about eradicating the virus. He even clarified, but you kept at it.

Do I have to create a thread for you on how to have a conversation? Do I need to ask you and OB and Yank to go there and practice? So tired of this shit. If you are going to argue with people, make sure you are as arguing what they actually said, and keep it aimed at their post and not at them. That goes for everyone that has been having these ridiculous grade school skirmishes.

So tired of people making assumptions here and it becoming 4 pages of ridiculous arguing that lasts days. We are all adults here, intelligent ones too when we want to be, from what I have seen. Be adults. It is time to eradicate this childish bullshit.

Shaboid likes this.
  6. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    If it were up to me, I'd create a pool of people who were not allowed to talk to each other and if they did, they'd be banned. ;) It's not up to me, though.

Such a waste of time all these posts and not just from one person.

GoBlazersGo, riverman, RR7 and 2 others like this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I agree it's not just from one person and I am tired of it. People need to start acting like adults here. It clutters threads and makes them unreadable. Mods have to spend way too much time sorting this shit out.

8. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

9. CupWizier

retired
    Then fucking ban me. I'm tired of being called out and this ahole always ranting about me or someone else. I made a post at around 6am and then you come in and chastise me around 3 hours later when I had alreradsy moved on. I did not put words in his mouth as the first post I rtersponded to was bailey talking about the virus being eradicated. He used the word and I only responded that it has not been eradicated and then he goes all bailey on the forum and yet, no chastising him for his page long rants complaining about posters. Since when is constantly complaining about posts, posters etc been the acceptable method of posting? Fuck it. Just ban me. I really don't care.

10. Chris Craig

Show me the post preceding yours calling him out for using eradication. He used the word after you did in clarifying. The only person who used it before you was @tester551. His page long rant followed you putting words in his mouth. Just tracing it back to the beginning.

11. Hoopguru

Im with ya....but consider how many adults are now in the workplace, some quarantine for 14 days as they get sick and go back as they didn't get all that sick. Or many actually were sick before this all started and toughed it out then went back to work. Then couple those groups with adults either working or running around with mask on that are A systematic. Thats a great amount of people collectively, regardless which town you are in but you are probably right the percentage may be low still. Now area's are semi opening up, so the same groups numbers will increase, but if the sickness is one that people recover well from, for the demographic, that doesn't end up in the hospital or deemed extreme high risk, maybe we can better control and address, till there is a vaccine. And if you eventually open up schools with big changes, and ease into it, and resources are focused there, and if this demographic's numbers seems manageable, kids will get sick but they recover well from it, statistically, wouldnt that be progress. The key is keeping the at risk group protected as are culture tries to phase in using precautions and statistics to lead the way. We can always drop back.
    I believe there are many negative health risk with people if they are just held without getting out and about. They have some alarming stats with this as well.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  12. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Cup, please cool it.

riverman likes this.
  13. wizenheimer

14. Chris Craig

All you can drink buffet

15. CupWizier

retired
    I honestly don't give a shit chris as you have seen what bailey has been doing. Is it appropriate to always call out posters in the forum? I did go back and look and yes, it was tester who mentioned eradicate first and for that I will take blame as it's easy to get posters confused on who says what in a thread, but there was nothing that was said to allow bailey to go into meltdown mode and do one of his rants., but that was no excuse for complaining about me and others and nothing to do with the thread and then he complains about the thread going off topic. Go figure. He has made numerous posts with subliminal rants without naming names. and he is one of the most thin skinned people I have come across and loves to play the victim and blame everyone else.

Just ban me and get it over if you mods are going to continue to allow him to make his complaining posts which accomplish nothing but muck up threads.

16. wizenheimer

women make it to adulthood.....guys almost never do. We get stuck somewhere between 14 and 16. Of course, that essentially makes all married women pedophiles

17. Chris Craig

Thank you for admitting your mistake. Let this be a lesson that we all need to be more careful to pay attention to what people are saying. I don't like to call people out publicly, but here is the transparency everyone has asked for.

@Orion Bailey should chill it with his rants just like you should chill it with focusing so much on posters rather than posts/content. Everyone probably has something they could chill on. I have done a bit of chilling myself.

If you had attempted to have a conversation there would have been no rant. OB tried several times to clarify. Next time have the conversation. It makes things easier.

18. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    I don't think any of you understand that complaining about the other guy's posts (or just the other guy) is what leads to these long, long exchanges that muck things up. I don't think you need to be banned, I just wish you (and others) would stop engaging with people you clearly dislike talking to. It's possible to have productive discussions here, but some of you can't have them with each other and maybe you all need to recognize that.

19. Hoopguru

Over my many years Ive know people who will argue anything, good people and friends of mine. The sky could be cloudless and blue and they will take exception with hit someway. Or they could have just won a poker hand and they would argue that to a degree. My good bud had his girl friend with him at my house playing poker and after about an hour she turned to him and said, "why is it you have to argue with everyone about everything" it shocked hell out him..I laughed my ass off the rest of the night and when we go fishing Ill remind hm of that just to give him a bad time, and he he'll start arguing..

20. Chris Craig

I get it. I love to argue. I've tried to tone it down though. I have found conversation leads to better results. And, oh I'll argue still, can't help myself sometimes, but trying to be more aware.

Hoopguru likes this.