Countdown to the Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Bladow, May 29, 2007.

1. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Re: Countdown to the Draft!!!

Figured I would start a fresh thread to discuss Portland's options in the off season and upcoming draft.Post articles you find regarding the 1st pick and possible other moves the Blazers might make in the off season here.30 days till the Franchise player is selected..... :worthy:

2. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I hear that the Blazers will try to get Conley Jr. They should deal LaMarcus Aldridge to the Hawks for the third pick and a filler.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ May 29 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hear that the Blazers will try to get Conley Jr. They should deal LaMarcus Aldridge to the Hawks for the third pick and a filler.</div>
    I disagree, I wouldn't deal Aldridge for Conley. If anything, Portland has to get rid of Randolph so they can solidify Aldridge as their 4. I'm sure they don't want a guy like Zach around Oden as it is. It would be great to see Portland end up with Oden/Conley together again, but don't deal Aldridge.

4. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

There was a rumor going around that from what I heard on the local sports talk show. That rumor was Randolph and Jack Plus a 2nd round pick to Atlanta for the #3 pick overall.Jack is a Georgia Tech Grad and Atlanta could use Randoph I guess.Personally I think that is way too much to give up for a PG in Conley. I dont thing we gain that much.It was also said that that rumor was probably being fueled by the Oden camp to try and keep those players together.Today it was also reported that most of the players that are going to be lottery picks are declining private workouts with Portland because they know its Either Oden or Durant. So I dont see how Portland is going to get a workout with Conley either.Most of what I have read here locally is that Pritchard has set his sights on the 4 2nd round picks he has and how to use them to either move up in the draft or draft European players and keep them over there to mature.My guess will be that we will hear more rumors than facts but it is still fun to speculate.

5. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Is there any scenario where Randolph sticks around?? I think he could still be useful if Oden is drafted, but then Aldridge is just sitting on the bench wasting away.

6. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ May 29 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Is there any scenario where Randolph sticks around?? I think he could still be useful if Oden is drafted, but then Aldridge is just sitting on the bench wasting away.</div>
    Portland will be looking to move Randolph, as they should. They got all the bad attitudes out of Portland except Randolph and Miles. Miles is basically untradable based on his health, and Randolph will be dealt for a cheap deal because.. well, he's an idiot. I'm sure they don't want a guy like Randolph around Oden, and of course he's expandable because of LaMarcus Aldridge.

I agree with Bladow, giving up Randolph and Jack for Conley is too much. It doesn't work financially anyway, so Atlanta would have to throw in a couple players to make it work. Speedy Claxton is the biggest contract they have, other than Joe Johnson. He'd have to be involved, as well as another player or two (Lorenzen Wright and a filler?). I think it's going to be tough for Portland to get Conley. There isn't any trade scenario that wow's you.

7. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

There is a rumor of Zach Randolph going to the Wizards, and they could want Jamison in return.. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The most recent talk has the Trail Blazers trying to trade Randolph to the Washington Wizards, who are in desperate need of interior scoring. Perhaps in a multiteam deal with Atlanta? Antawn Jamison, who's going into his final contract season with the Wizards, could be part of a deal to offset Randolph's $13.3 million salary for next season.</div>LINKOf course, it's Sam Smith, so you never know.

8. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Most of these rumors are just complete wogwash. There's no truth to the trades to move up to get Mike Conley. I heard a couple days ago from a Portland NBA writer that it's apparently 70/30 they are taking Oden, it's apparently not a done deal. Kevin Pritchard seems to have a love affair with Kevin Durant, this could get interesting.

9. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Reported on KFXX local radio this morning that Pritchard is not currently "Shopping" Zac around.Although in the past the Blazers have been extremely tight lipped with the media. I think in the last 8 years all the trades that have been made were a complete surprise and there were no leaks.I do think there is a scenerio where Zac does stay in portland and you just insert Oden into the 5 spot.I also think that LMA is going to get more minutes which will take away from Zac. I dont know how he will handle that and when he is in the game he may tend to be more selfish and try and score when ever he gets the ball to prove he is the star.I just dont get the warm fuzzy "Team Player" attitude from Zac. Also the Blazer organization is turning the page on the "Jail Blazers" persona and it is a big deal to have high character players.So bottom line is Pritchard wont Give him away but if there is a team interested, I would think Portland would be very willing to talk.

10. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Randolph would like to stay in PortlandOregonian link to Zach trade rumorsSays there is plenty of minutes to go around between Oden, LMA, and Zach. Would be intrigued to play for the Bulls if he did get traded.

11. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

FYI, in case anyone missed this but the title is spelled kinda wrong. Missing the "N" in CouNt. :greengrin:

12. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

^ :brickwall: OMG! Terrible mistake!!!!I think Zack Randolph has really impoved as a leader and player and I think he's becoming a more positive guy in the locker room. Lamarcus Aldridge would still get good minute (maybe 20-30) backing up Oden and Randolph, especailly since Oden will likely be subject to foul trouble his first couple seasons.

13. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ May 29 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hear that the Blazers will try to get Conley Jr. They should deal LaMarcus Aldridge to the Hawks for the third pick and a filler.</div>hell, no! Aldridge is gonna be better than b-roy. Conley hasnt proven he can win without greg oden beside him. Conley cant shoot too. Besides, I dont see whats so bad about jarret jack and sergio rodriguez (who is going to be awesome imo).a trade w/ zach to the bulls for one of their guards, like a sign and trade for Nocioni, would work extremely well for both teams. Zach cant play defense and the blazers have plenty of talented 4s and 5s. The bulls have no scoring in the post, and the rest of the bulls roster can easily cover for zachs defensive shortcomings.I like italso, ive heard zach for rashard lewiszach for richard jeffersonzach for antwan jamisonzach for lamar odom (doubtful)

14. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

I agree the Bulls sound like a good suitor for Zach, however the Noci trade rumor I heard was the Bull's #1 pick (9) as well. The Bulls have a log jam wiht Deng and Noci and Noci has one of those FA contracts that might have some tricky parts to it. With that #9 pick I was hoping they might be able to package that with a 2nd rounder to move up and draft Brewer. I looked at a few boards and it might be the 7-8 range for Brewer. He would be a great addition to the Blazers and could be the shutdown player to guard Durant, Kobe, Melo, and other superstars in the West.I would love to see the Blazers turn into a solid all around defensive team, something we havent seen for a very long time.The Rashard Lewis for Zach trade, IMO is all up to Lewis. He is a free agent and pretty much pick his destination. If Paul Allen opens that check book im sure he would consider the Blazers. However, with Roy, Oden, Aldridge, in 3-5 years we might have to pay these guys a ton of money to keep this core in tact.Also do we want to be part of the DWade, LaBron, Kobe Sweepstakes in 3 years when they become free agents.

15. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

16. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blazerspwnu @ Jun 2 2007, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hell, no! Aldridge is gonna be better than b-roy. Conley hasnt proven he can win without greg oden beside him. Conley cant shoot too. Besides, I dont see whats so bad about jarret jack and sergio rodriguez (who is going to be awesome imo). (doubtful)</div>Conley actually can shoot if you watched him in college. He's more of slasher like Tony Parker. He has a mean floater and is good at dishing the ball out of the paint.

17. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">If the Blazers get to the point where they are forced to trade either Randolph or Aldridge. You gotta let Zach Randolph go in that situation. Randolph is lazy, doesn't play defense, and he's a bad influence on the rest of the team.Aldridge might not be the scorer that Randolph is, but he's going to grab more rebounds and play defense.</span>

18. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I don't think Conley is worth trading for by the Blazers. Especially Aldridge. Who in their right mind would make that trade? Unless a deal comes around that makes sense, which I don't see, Oden/Conley won't be playing together.On the Zach trade, one deal I wouldn't mind is an expansion on the Lewis/Randolph one. With Terry involved on Dallas' end. Terry to Seattle, Lewis to Portland, and Randolph to Dallas.

19. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

3 Days to go......This will be the best week in sports for Oregon.Oregon State wins Back to Back Championships and Blazers get a franchise player or two hopefully if KP works his magic.

20. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Jun 5 2007, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">If the Blazers get to the point where they are forced to trade either Randolph or Aldridge. You gotta let Zach Randolph go in that situation. Randolph is lazy, doesn't play defense, and he's a bad influence on the rest of the team.

Aldridge might not be the scorer that Randolph is, but he's going to grab more rebounds and play defense.</span></div>
    Not to mention, Randolph is a big time black hole. Once you feed him the ball in the post (which is a lot), he rarely dishes it back out, even if he doesn't have much to work with. Aldridge isn't like that.