Politics Creepy Joe Biden is your Pedophile-President

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

@Hobbesarable and i were discussing just this while working on some bikes yesterday. i brought up what about forcing all candidates to donate to the government all the net profit from their campaigns? Anything not spent on the campaign goes back into the government And nOt in the politicians pockets?

just a thought but i think its worth exploring.

we have got to find a way to get money out of politics.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    RickyJoe, riverman and Hoopguru like this.
  2. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    No yet, anyway. To me, it's too critical to be subjected to this type of general process. I don't like it.

3. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

He formed the modern democratic party. My Granddaddy a staunch dem used to always call the democratic party, Andrews Jackson's party.
    Which later on tune me off because I want a fan.

4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    There were something like 30 fraudulent votes in one study out of over one Billion cast. Don't you think we have more important things to be concerned about?

5. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Of course, but that really has nothing to do with me not trusting mail-in voting. I think it would be a slippery slope - a path I hope the government chooses not to take.

6. Lanny

It's pretty much a done deal.
    Besides what's the benefit in voting twice? See, no motive.

7. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Yeah, probably. I'm just old school.

8. Lanny

Republicans and especially those under he spell of the Trump cult have long known that a large voter turnout favors the Democrats and a mail in vote increases the voter turnout, hence the reason for opposing it. All this hullabaloo about voter fraud is strictly pulling the wool over the eyes of his followers.

9. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Then it can be inferred that Democrats are inherently lazy/apathetic when it comes to voting?

10. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

To me I don’t have a problem with mail in voting.
    If there is fraud it can work both ways.
    I just draw the line that US citizens should vote.
    Growing up I Remember it was a big deal to go to the voting booth. I recall seniors being picked up and taken to a place to vote and it was cool to the effort they made.
    Things have changed we live in a society where we like quick and easy, thus Amazon.
    Hell let me vote over the internet and save a bunch work for the post office so they can keep my amazon packages coming quickly.
    If a person cannot prove citizenship they shouldn’t be allowed to vote. I have several in laws that are here in green cards and they agree with that.
    They are working towards citizenship and a few have already passed and they are so proud.

11. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

not really

what can be inferred....and proven....is that large blocs of democratic voters face far more obstacles to voting than republican voters. What can be inferred...and proven....is that state governments controlled by R's closes polling sites in minority districts at an extremely high rate since the SCOTUS dealt themselves out of policing racism and disenfranchisement and election integrity in 2013

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-in-recent-years-rights-group-idUSKCN1VV09J

https://newrepublic.com/article/151966/gops-sneakiest-voter-suppression-tactic

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tes-impact-minority-voter-turnout/1774221002/

the combined republican strategies of jerry-mandering; bullshit voter-ID laws; voting purges that target minorities; closing polling stations; and just about every other unjust tactic you can think of has been going on for a couple decades. And the motivations for it are not a secret. Various R's have admitted why they are doing the things they are doing over the years. And that includes trump who recently said if vote-by-mail was a big thing a "republican would never be elected again"

the campaign to disenfranchise and diminish and restrict the voting rights of democratic voting blocs are just an extension and 'enhancement of the Jim Crow laws. And a major reason why the R's have been hellbent on packing the courts with extreme judges. And the funny thing is that R's and conservatives and right wing mouth-pieces....and posters....have been silent about all of this injustice. They haven't cared because they knew if favored their side, just like the Russian trolling did in 2016.

and the cover for all this shit has been alleged significant "voting fraud" that doesn't exist. Totally phony concern about election integrity, than using it to undermine that very system

so when a conservative starts expressing concern about vote-by-mail, I have a real cynical view of what the motivation is. I'm not buying that it's about election integrity or about any principle other than 'hooray-for-my-side'....

RickyJoe and Minstrel like this.
  12. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Thanks for all your insights, but not here. I'm simply stating my opinion that voting in person has been with us through the ages and I don't necessarily trust the new concepts being presented. I like the fact that I have to apply for, and receive, a voting card and make my way to the polls and verifyably vote. Simple as that. No big political science endeavor nor otherwise concern for me intended.

13. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Votes are more verifiable with mail-in ballots, especially compared to many in-person voting booths that tabulate things electronically.

riverman and UncleCliffy'sDaddy like this.
  14. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Dunno, but nothing's stopping if now. The dems are grasping at straws with their less-than-preferable candidate. Whatever it takes to get him in office.

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You put your signature on a mail in ballot and you get one ballot in Oregon....you drop it in a white box at city hall where I live...it works just fine...I voted that way when Trump won so it's not a conspiracy for Biden to get more votes....he's going to get more votes because of the track record of Trump...no opposing candidate has led an incumbent president from start to end like Biden over Trump since I believe the 1940s....he's going to get his ass kicked and it's not because of Joe...it's because of his own bullshit fake lying assed demeanor

RickyJoe likes this.
  16. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    Biden's ahead by a pretty sizeable amount. While anything's possible, especially five and a half months out, there's no particular reason for Democrats to be desperate. Especially considering Biden's lead has been completely steady (unlike Hillary Clinton's) and Trump's approval has barely changed over the past three years. But you keep clinging to that narrative that Biden's way behind and needs a miracle.

17. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    I know what happened in 2016. Stay tuned. Never underestimate the power and caginess of Trump.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

don't stop there....I know what's happened since then! one of these events is a little more important than the other...Trumps not clever...he's a reality tv bullshit artist...his fans wanted a new soap opera to follow

19. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    Trump didn't win in 2016 due to "power and caginess." He won because he had an opponent almost as disliked as he was. Biden isn't anywhere near as disliked and he's not doing much to make himself more disliked (or liked, but that's okay...a referendum purely on Trump means a win for the Democrats).

As I said, anything's possible with 5-6 months to go, but Trump's main problem is that nothing really moves the needle for him up or down and Biden's not doing anything to move that needle either. I don't think the race is over by any means, but Trump's in a pretty major hole.

riverman likes this.
  20. Lanny

A lot of them are poor and have difficulty getting to the polls which has nothing to do with lazy or apathetic as you suggest. They have the further obstacle of having impediments in their way. An example of an impediment is having to travel many miles to register or farther and farther distances to vote.
    Let's take me for example, it's difficult for me to get to my car and walk any distance. People who have manual labor jobs are very tired after work and just want to eat and sit down until bedtime and then it's another hard day at work. Some people feel sick unexpectedly and don't really want to leave the house. There are Millions of legitimate reasons for not wanting to go to a physical polling place.