*("Cy") King Cole Stats/ Severino Return

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Mattingly23NY, Sep 2, 2021.

?

Where should Severino pitch when or IF He returns?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2021.
  1. As the Closer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. As a Set-Up Reliever

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. As a Starter

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Use him in middle relief

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Keep Severino in Triple AAA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Try Johny Lasagna as a Closer

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Cole, who has a 0.38 ERA in his last four starts (all wins) and is 14-6 with a 2.77 ERA this season:

— His 15 strikeouts were one shy of the career high he set in 2018.

— It was his ninth double-digit strikeout game of the season, tying David Cone (1998) for the most in franchise history.

— It was his sixth start in his last eight outings in which he’s allowed one run or less.

— His 116 pitches marked the second-most of the season (he threw 129 at Houston on July 10).

* I gotta give credit to Vic for the brilliant nickname of "Cy". Vic (Messiah), was the one and only who labeled Gerritt with this very fitting moniker ... then I stole it!

On another note:
    When and If Severino returns, should he workout of the Bullpen or as a Starter?

1- Set-up Reliever
    2- As a Closer
    3- As a Starter

Reasons being Chapman is t o often erratic. Although he was brilliant unlike ever before from April to Mid-May. One never knows what to expect out of Him. The last gamble I would want to see is Chapman closing in a tight and close win or go home Post Season game. More than likely so will Severino in any role.
    Sevey has also been erratic as a Starter in Post Season. He's shown flashes of brilliance, followed by melt downs in some P.S. Games as well. Yet the Yanx need a solid Starter, as much as they need a lights out consistent Closer.

Imo, I would start calling on Johnny Lasagna as our closer. I can't see that it would hurt, and it's worth a try. I would use Severino as a Starter, where he's needed most.
    I would not be surprised IF Sevey returns with a diminished fastball. Hope not, but he's not pitched in a regular basis in the last 2-3seasons.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Here's another Wild Card...what about Domingo German?

His stuff is so good that I think he'd be great in mid to late inning relief.

Mattingly23NY and Lillie like this.
  3. yankeesince59

And oh, Messiah is a known trouble maker and shit stirrer and pink Yankees hat wearing mofo, ...and must be destroyed.

4. Mattingly23NY

A Great Idea imo!
    Germán has often reminded me of Tom "Flash" Gordon, as a Starter, a Closer, and a Set-Up man for Mo.

When he's on, his Sinker has eyes in the ball, one of those brilliant pitches that breaks at the moment a hitter swings, (as you know well).

Opposing Batter's have gotta respect a Pitcher like Herman the German
    No doubt he's earned my respect.

Lillie likes this.
  5. Mattingly23NY

:nunchaku: :rocky: :shock1: :roflmao:

I hear tell that (Pink) Hat is not the only pink under-garment... I mean piece of pink clothing he wears... according to our old insider and henpecked pussy-whipped ex-member P."Rick2583", who told me years ago to be cautious with the trouble making, shit stirring board mod, who personally trained Jonah Falcon, 1918 and bridesagain and many other ass-clowns... :smiley-makeout::smiley-lezkiss: :smiley-domi71b2::smiley-domina: :smiley-zastava:

P-Rick said in utter secrecy (and only he, P-Rick would know), :smiley-crazy:
    Vic's Wife dresses Him every morning... but please keep this inside secret info under your hardcore "bleeds (navy) blue" hat. We don't want to let the cat out of the bag... :smiley-domina::smiley-hmm:
    :smiley-eek2:

Lillie likes this.
  6. yankeesince59

If I'm gonna get whipped with something, I can't think of anything I'd rather be whipped with.