D-Mase, 6th man?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by drexlerfan11, Nov 27, 2004.

1. drexlerfan11

drexlerfan11 JBB JustBBall Member

Desmond Mason has been the 6th man of the year so far this season. I really can't understand why he isn't starting. He's already had a lot of 20+ games. If D-Mase keeps this up, do you think he can win the 6th man of the year award?

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Well you got KVH starting at the 3, and Joe Smith starting the 4. If Mason were to start, that means KVH will have to goto the bench, where he's very ineffective. Or, Joe Smith could goto the bench and KVH will play the 4 with Mason at the 3, but that would make no sense at all, as the Bucks would be very weak inside with limited rebounding skills.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

He actually started the past few games....or past one game, he's always going to the basket, can shoot much better now, and get's to the line and a lot of dunks, a 49% FG, 6.5 FT attempts per game, and 80% from the line can get you points in no time.

I think Turkoglu would be leading in 6th man right now though..

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If the Bucks continue to play the way they are playing obviously some changes will be needed to be made. Be it putting Mason in the starting lineup or maybe trading some players. I do not think that Mason should be put into the starting lineup although he has the talent to start having him come off the bench gives the team a great offensive spark kind of like how Ginobli use to come off the bench in San Antonio with Stephon Jackson starting it gave them a spark you say when they placed Ginobli in the starting lineup at first they struggled because they where missing that spark.

I do not think that Van Horn could offer the same type of play that Mason offers coming off the bench. Moving Van Horn to the 4 to star Mason at the three like Banks said would make no sense. First off Van horn is not a very physical player, and would be easily over powered in the low posts he also would not provide a postup game like Smith does.

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

If he continues to play like this he is more than capable of being the 6th man of the year. I don't think Mason should be starting. Something that is taken for granted in the league nowadays is the bench play. Mason provides good offense and deffense off the bench. KVH can't provide the explosiveness and the leadership qualities that Desmond Mason can. That's why he's a captain. You have players like Jamison, Ginobili (last year), Terry, Stackhouse, and mad players I haven't named coming off the bench who are nice The fact that Mason isn't starting isn't at all a bad thing. This is one of the best ways he can be beneficial to the Bucks.

6. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Desmond is a helluva a lot better coming off the bench. The last two games he started for the injured Joe Smith, he didn't do so hot. I wouldn't be opposed to playing a lineup of Smith-KVH-Dez-Redd-Mo against smaller teams though. He still gets his 30 MPG starting or coming off the bench any ways. The Bucks have a tough first 2 months, so staying around .500 wouldn't be as bad as people think.

7. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I really want him to start if he is doing this good on the bench odds are he will do even better In the starting L. But if he doesn't start he should be in the lead for the 6th man award.

8. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">I really want him to start if he is doing this good on the bench odds are he will do even better In the starting L. But if he doesn't start he should be in the lead for the 6th man award.</div>
    What is D-Mas' stat line this year cuase I know Ricky Davis is averaging 16 points over in Boston and Hedo is getting 15.3 for the Magic there are a lot of good sixth men this year you can not really say there is a leading canidate. i do not think Mason can be considered a true canidate until his team starts winning, because the sixth man is always on a winning team. Its kind of the purpose of the award to reward someone who has played a under rated role in a winning teams success.

9. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Desmond is averaging 17 PPG 4.5 RPG 2 Assists, only like 1 turnover, shooting 48%

He was averaging 18 until a stinker of a game Saturday, getting in early foul trouble

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Turkoglu would be leading in 6th man right now though..</div>

For sure, or Antonio Daniels.

As for D-Mase, I really like him as a 6th man, because he really sparks the team when he comes into the game. Of course you want your starting five to be as good as it can, but what Dez does it as soon as he comes into the game, he'll ignite the fans with a dunk or two, he'll get to the hole, draw contact and go to the line, he'll grab an important board or take a crucial charge, and he lifts the whole team. I like him in a 6th man role, because not many players have a knack of doing that off the bench.

11. baller#4

baller#4 JBB JustBBall Member

he should start in my opinion but he will be good in the years to come i think he has a lot of comp for the 6th man award against hedo turkolu

12. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

yea...i was thinking daniels for 6th man as well...but mase is having a sick season for sure..

i like him off the bench too...KVH is so streaky that if he has one of his 'not so hot' games, he can sit and mase can come in and do his thing. otherwise KVH can give them solid mintues and when him or redd need time to sit, they got an offensive machine coming in and doing what he's been doing...bringing energy and scoring. every team NEEDS someone like that...if he was to start i really dont see KVH coming in and doing that. he's not exactly an "energy" guy lol