Dalamber Awarded A Flagrant!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Sasha, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The 76ers like what they have seen lately from Samuel Dalembert, a 6-foot-11 center who has been active, energetic and productive off the bench in his last three games.

However, NBA officials feel that Dalembert got a little too active and energetic Tuesday night, when his elbow gave guard Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards a bloody lip in the fourth quarter.

After a review of the game tape, the NBA office assessed Dalembert a flagrant foul for unnecessary contact. He was whistled for only a personal foul during the game, but under league rules, fouls can be reclassified after review.

"I just heard about it this morning," Dalembert said yesterday after Sixers practice. "I'm not a dirty player. Things happen in a game."

Dalembert insisted that the elbow was accidental. Arenas didn't think so. He had to be restrained after the play, and reportedly went down a hallway at the MCI Center afterward, looking for Dalembert.</div>

Full story...

I didn't see the game, heard it was quite amazing. The rivalry between Gilbert and Allen, the elbow incident, among other things. What really surprised me is that Gilbert got so riled up about it, sure he took a bloody lip, but I don't think that's a reason to go after the guy in the hallway. What would he have done anyways, haha?! We all know Sam isn't a dirty player, things happen in games that you don't want happening.

For the record, I am not mad with the NBA's decision, just how Gilbert reacted.