Dame's Got a Feeling

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Haakzilla, May 13, 2021.

1. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
  2. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Quick builds his story around this quote from Dame:

“The feel of this is like, it’s more mature,” Lillard said. “You know, it’s not like it’s a young team just getting going. The way we are doing it is like a mature team. We are doing the things that will give us a chance to win against any team, in any setting — home or road, regular season or playoffs. It’s just a mature feeling, especially coming after kind of being down-and-out, and then coming out of it being mature enough and together enough to behave this way and perform this way down the stretch in such an important part of the season.”

The story talks about the Aldridge, Wes, Nic, RoLo, Dame season and points to the importance of Nurk’s play on the defensive end plus Stotts’ decision to shorten the rotation as keys to the turnaround.

3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I LOVE Dame, but him having a gut feeling we're about to have a breakthrough is an semi-annual thing.

4. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I have to say, the way the team responded after going down big early last night--not looking for big chunks, not overreacting to Utah's responses or big plays, just steadily, gradually chipping away, getting even, then pulling away--it was a thing of beauty. If that's not a sign of maturity, I don't know what is.

5. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

6. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

I feel as though Dame has been sipping on some of that optimistic juice that @KSF-ERIC drinks. Good Vibes Only. Can't hurt.

7. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

maybe Dame's right and there's a maturity to the Blazers keying this run. And maybe facing the Nets without Harden/Durant or the Jazz without Mitchell/Conley isn't quite the level of resistance Blazer maturity will be tested by in the playoffs

Portland is winning games on the road and that's usually a good sign for the playoffs. Phoenix is mostly healthy and didn't play last night so that ratchets up the challenge in tonight's game. The stakes are the highest yet so this Suns' game is a great test for Portland

I'm usually skeptical about feel-good stories, but I do think the Blazers have elevated their game to the point they likely won't be an easy-out in the playoffs. That's an upgrade over most of their playoff teams

Haakzilla likes this.
  8. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Darkwebs, Haakzilla and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  9. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    The most interesting part of the article is about Derrick:
    upload_2021-5-13_12-44-22.png upload_2021-5-13_12-44-55.png

10. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
  11. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
  12. Blazerreynolds

Blazerreynolds Member

lol...

I am gonna get straight blasted for this, but Dame be feeling himself too much. The media gassed him up as a top ten player, but he is not held to the standards of top ten players being a media darling. If we get put out in the 1st or second round, no biggie.

If any other top ten player gets put out early with a good team around them like Dame, or even a bad one......"They are overrated/Choked/Can't lead a team/Can't be the best player on the championship team, etc, etc."

Is Dame that guy? I don't think so. I think we should move one. He has one of, if not the worst current active playoff records in the NBA. That is telling because the Blazers are not the Cavs without Dame..600 record without em this season I believe, unless someone can correct me on that.

I am not excepting much; just waiting for the inevitable rebuild. I kind of tuned Dame out sorry to say lol..Like the kid, but he aint leading us to a title. Only getting older, Dame is.

13. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

Cool opinion, bro.

illmatic99 likes this.
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Hey Lebron! Pretty clever of you to avoid tampering by showing up here! Dame will never join your Lakers......nice try though!

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

16. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

I think Dame doesn’t get the heat from the Media because he never had a team who was a Contender, the big big big difference between Lillard and for example Kyrie, Harden, Steph, KD, LeBron etc is that all those guys have played with Superstars and expectations were a lot higher than for the Blazers. If Lillard would play with Harden or KD and he would choke in the Playoffs than it would be a different Story

17. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

agree. Small markets have unfeigned love for their teams & stars, especially when they only have 1 of the big three.

18. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Different this year a bit.
    The team is healthy going into the playoffs.
    They have a bit deeper team around Lillard.
    They are playing better defense.
    They seem to have found the key to breaking the inevitable traps Lillard will face.

I kind of think this year Damian Lillard's feeling might have a bit more merit.

Now will it translate into playoff success is the question?

riverman likes this.
  19. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Yeah neither CJ or Nurkic are stars imo. CJ is like Caris Levert. He can play like a Superstar in one game, and in the next 3 games he plays like a rotational player

20. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

yeah, I'm unconvinced that's true until I see Portland beat some good Western Conference teams with some regularity when Dame plays poorly...which he often does when he's hounded by two or three players with speed & length, all over the floor

people have said that 3 point shooting was the key to solving the stop-Dame defense. Portland has had it and it hasn't mattered

others have said it was Nurkic. Well, the Blazers have had a healthy Nurkic for 2 series and their record was 1-8

so what is the solution now? It hasn't been CJ and it hasn't been CJ & Nurkic. So, is it Powell? Melo? RoCo? Is it some kind of magic alchemy of all those players? Maybe it is, but a rare exception to the rule in the regular season doesn't automatically transfer to the playoffs