Damian Lillard, the greatest Blazer of all time

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Cippy91, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Get used to seeing that title be used when describing Dame one day when he retires. Two parts here. Appreciation and a call out. I wanna call out all these fans here who have a tendency to hate on Dame no matter if he does good or bad on the court. I see almost no positive things said about Dame these days. I don't know if it's because you get salty about the season or your life, whatever it is. Dame could do a lot of scoring and little assisting one game, "oh well he didn't pass enough, not a true PG". Or he could assist a ton and not score as much another game. "We needed Dame to score". No matter what, people always wanna make new threads trying to think of trade scenarios or they just wanna trash Dame and the "myth of Lillard time". Lillard time came from his performances in the 4th quarter. His back to back to back threes. Not the percentages. So get that bullshit off the forum. This guy lives year around here, has embraced Portland and is a true leader, class act, etc. Signed an extension with us when him and us didn't know how the team would do last season. This guy wants to stay here and here you guys are shitting all over him every game bitching about something. Yeah his defense isn't good, his shot selection is poor sometimes. What else can you possibly shit on him for? not much else. Averaged 26,6,5. Great pick and roll point guard, can pull up from the other side of the world, something only a handful of players can actually do. He only gets better. I bet you anything he brings a title to Portland before his career is over. I am proud to have this guy as my franchise leader and obviously a huge fan being one of the only ones to constantly defend him while everybody keeps talking shit. Perspective. Remember it.

Lanny, tykendo, Bob Dobalina and 12 others like this.
  2. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Damned straight.

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

It's kinda like an entitled rich kid who expects a luxery car every year.

Dame has spoiled us with some absolutely amazing games. Some of yall have gotten so used to his impressive outings that you guys will cry and bash him if he doesn't.

He was playing like a top 5 player in the league until his ankle injury. Once that injury showed down his "burst", it made it really hard for him to drive. Why? Because his attacks are predicated on speed, company to CJ who, much like Brandon Roy, creates drives with shifty ball handling and the threat of a lethal mid-range jump shot. Due to this, his shot selection got slightly worse, as he couldn't attack at will.

But now he's healthy and hes being aggressive. Every aggressive scooter I will shoot bad shots, but I'd rather have an aggressive scorer with a killer instinct than a passive player who could be so much more (ex. Bstum, who drove everyone crazy).

So I guess it's a combination of thee trolls being spoiled and not understanding the fact that with aggressive scorers will have bad shots from time to time. Everyone loves that when his pull up 3s go in. However, it takes guts to shoot some of the killer shots he takes, and not all of those will be the best.

However, if Lillard was scared to take a bad shot, he'd be no where near the player he is.

One only calls it a "bad shot" when they miss. However, if Lillard goes 3 for 4 on pullup 3s, the one he misses isn't a bad shot, even if he airballs.

Just some prospective.

4. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Dude some of the Dame bashing is ridiculous but you need to chill

stampedehero, craigehlo and Shaboid like this.
  5. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

What a coincidence.... this came right after you found out Dame reads the forum.

:ghoti:

dviss1, Orion Bailey, THE HCP and 3 others like this.
  6. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    That can't be possible, if Dame reads the forum how hasn't his head exploded from all the "Dames needs to actually play D" posts.

Strenuus likes this.
  7. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    Also I think the Dame bashing goes hand in hand with the season being so underwhelming. Dame is the face of the franchise, we couldn't ask for a better one, but with that also comes the brunt of the backlash from failed expectations of fans.

stampedehero likes this.
  8. Cippy91

lol yeah yeah you know damn well i was defending Lillard hard on the game thread and in every other game thread. Kinda got sick of it when I saw that other post today, 2nd post I have seen surrounding "Lillard time".

9. Portland2014

Portland2014 Well-Known Member

If Lillard is the greatest Blazer ever the franchise better be moving to Seattle.

Dario Saric single handedly kept the 76ers in the game vs our "Big Three" and there's a pretty good chance he ends up being the fourth option next year after Embiid, Simmons and the rookie they'll draft.

Devin Booker did the same and he's only 20 years old.

10. Cippy91

What does Saric and Booker have to do with Lillard? I said by the time he retires he will be the greatest Blazer ever

11. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Seriously the fuck?

Not the greatest Blazer of all time. Not close....yet anyway

Nikolokolus and STOMP like this.
  12. Cippy91

He is well on his way. I said by the time he retires...

13. Portland2014

Portland2014 Well-Known Member

He isn't even an All Star, C'MON.

Do you know how great Bill Walton, Clyde Drexler and Arvydas Sabonis were? Those were FRANCHISE PLAYERS.

Lillard is, at best, a 2nd option.

craigehlo likes this.
  14. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

And yet, we somehow managed to win both those games and have a better record than both those teams.

BNM

42N8Bounce and BUNTA like this.
  15. Boob-No-More

Sabonis was never the first option nor was he ever an all star. Also, he was drafted with the 24 pick and we waited 9 years before he ever wore a Blazers uniform. So is that your master plan for success? Draft the next Sabonis and wait until he's 31 years old and half the player he once was to help us almost win our next title?

BNM

16. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

You should move to Seattle.

BonesJones likes this.
  17. Cippy91

All star games are a joke these days, everybody knows. Wasn't one last season still was all NBA 2nd team. Clyde was great. Walton got us a title. Yeah. Watch what dame accomplishes

18. Boob-No-More

Dari Saric = 12th pick
    Devin Booker = 13th pick

If the season ended today the Blazers would be slotted in at the 11th pick. What the hell are you bitching about? Isn't this exactly where you want us to be, in the lottery with the chance to take the next Dario Saric or Devin Booker?

BNM

BonesJones likes this.
  19. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Saying that a player should change a certain habit, and backing it up with statistical evidence <> "bashing" the player.

TBpup and 42N8Bounce like this.
  20. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Every player only has so much talent, but modifying shot selection or avoiding going into 1-5 mode is something that is easy to change. That's why it's constructive to identify those things and take corrective action.

stampedehero likes this.