Damon Drops 54 In Loss

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mr. J, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Damon Stoudemire dropped 54 points against the Hornets! This is now a franchise record, after breaking fromer 51 point effort from Geoff Petrie's in 1972-1973. He was only a field goal away, from breaking Jermaine O'neal's NBA season high record. For some reason, it reminds me of Allan Houston when he dropped 53 against the Lakers!

Damon Stoudemire was simply on fire from the field. The man shot an amazing 20-32 from the field and 8-16 from 3 point range. I knew Stoudemire was nice, but 54 points!?!? Too bad it was in a losing effort though. Stoudemire probably wont think much of his performance at all considering he came out empty handed. Anways, great performance here is the boxscore for you guys and the recap:
    Boxscore
    Recap

2. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, when I first saw this at NBA.com I thought I misread, then I checked out the box score. This greatly surpasses his previous career high of 36 points. Great game by Damon. Though, it must feel pretty bad when you score 50+ and lose to the worst team in the league.

3. Ma3oxuct

Ma3oxuct Nets Preview Team

I had to check the box score three times to get to grips on the fact about his performance.

I thought that the dude was past his prime and was at best a 20 point scorer. I guess he is not depleted yet. His team lost though, so yes, its not such a good feat to accomplish.

He only had one assist, so that kind of makes me believe he was hogging the ball like pig.

Anyways, I have to give the dude praise for dropping 54...on the Hornets.

4. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">He only had one assist, so that kind of makes me believe he was hogging the ball like pig.</div>
    Ya but NVE had 11 assists and most likley some/most of those were to damon. least thats what it think.

5. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

this was a record night none the less. both teams hit a record setting twenty three threes int he firts haf combined. the coach of the hornets said he never had saw anything like that.

but as for damon i watched a little of the game and dmaon was just on fire his teammates were passing him the ball and wanting him to shoot. everything was just falling for him.

Also are not the hornets on a three or four game winning streak.

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Of course you wont pass so much when you drop 50. I would let him hog the ball if he was on fire like that. It's not even hogging. If Portland continued giving the ball to the man with the hot hand, they made a good decision.

7. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Dame Has always been a scorer. If you Remember his college career and his years in Toronto the dude was unstoppable. The problem is him being where he is they never ran alot of plays for him and hes been discouraged. I dont think that damon is a natural point guard hes a VERY SMALL! 2guard. The performance doesnt suprize me the fact that they kept giving him the ball does. Even though it was in a loss its still commendable(Mike even dropped 63 in one of the greatest scoring performances in history and lost).

8. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

that really sucks. a players busts his a$$ all game and still doesnt get a win in the end. i feel bad for him