Damon Leaves,to Memphis

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by bulls1, Aug 1, 2005.

1. bulls1

bulls1 JBB Banned Member

Former Blazers guard Damon Stoudamire is headed to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Houston Chronicle reported on its Web site on Saturday. The Portland native is said to have agreed to a four-year-deal. The 31-year-old Stoudamire, who made $12.5 million last season, averaged 15.8 points and 5.7 assists for the Blazers.

Man that was alot for a 31 year pld veteran but i liked him he was the team for most of the years but they had to do it just could'nt do it anymore and plus his cous salim who's with atlanta is the future of the Stoudamire's http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2120765

2. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Man, I didn't see this coming. Although Memphis doesn't want J-Will, so they really needed a point guard.

I just thought they'd try to go younger, because Damon is, um 31 years old.

3. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

even thought i knew Damon was going to leave, im sad any way. but i think he deserved a better team. hes come along way.

4. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

this is great,now with Studemire and Without Swift,watson,Wells,Posey and Jwill the Grizzlies will make some room for the Blazers to take over,they will be builted all wrong imo.