Dampier Joke

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Shapecity, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He's losing minutes to DeSagana Diop. [​IMG]

"Every time [Diop] comes in the game, I tell him to block every shot he can," Nowitzki said. "I really like him. He's a shot blocker, and that's what we need, especially when Damp is in foul trouble or if he is a little injury prone."

[​IMG]

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

I'd pity Damp for having the star player on his team clearly not like him, but he's getting paid more than enough to get insulted now and again.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

It's a shame. He's like Olowakandi and Jerome James in a lot of ways. If there were more athletic 7 footers in the league, these guys wouldn't have so much leverage to underachieve like they do after receiving the kind of money they make. I guess Dampier is not as bad as those guys in terms of work ethic or behavior, but he's still comes off as uncaring, unmotivated, and bad attitude. When he's motivated, there should be no question that he is one of the better centers in the league averaging a few blocks, double digit points, and double digit rebounds (many off of missed shots). His post defense against players like Shaq has been pretty impressive.

As far as all their ability to stay healthy, well that's something you have to take their word for. Big men just wear down quicker because their parts are the same material as smaller men, but the big men drag around a lot more weight. I'd say cut the four or five man a break, but something smells fishy when these guys are playing hard and are "healthy" in their contract year.

4. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Man, this year we're looking like we got Damped by Dunleavy

5. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Pietrus:</div><div class="quote_post">Man, this year we're looking like we got Damped by Dunleavy</div>

At least that's not as bad as getting Twardziked.

6. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Dunleavy is way better than Damp, he doesn't have hands of stone, atleast he has some ball handling and intelligence. BTW, I was campin over in the Mav's forum, saw some dude get mad at those "Glad we let Damp slide" jokes. The dude proceeds to bash the Warriors by saying, the Mav's have been to the playoffs but we Warrior's haven't. Pure bull, I don't think he knows WTF he's talking about.

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Dunleavy is way better than Damp, he doesn't have hands of stone, atleast he has some ball handling and intelligence. BTW, I was campin over in the Mav's forum, saw some dude get mad at those "Glad we let Damp slide" jokes. The dude proceeds to bash the Warriors by saying, the Mav's have been to the playoffs but we Warrior's haven't. Pure bull, I don't think he knows WTF he's talking about.</div>

Haha apparently Dampier hasn't heard of Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Finley, or Steve Nash getting the Mavs to the playoffs both past and recent. It wasn't because of Damp that they got there.

Dunleavy has fundamentals, I.Q. and ballhandling but he doesn't have balls.

Dunleavy kind of reminds me of a guy that can do consulting, but he can't really run his own business. I'm skeptical about a guy that has had fundamentals and blah blah blah blah for the last three years, and he's shown very little results until Bdiddy came around. Dun = overrated, but I'd rather have him than most. He just needs to get more confident and grow some balls. Attack the rim, start playing aggressive. He's got a similar Damp style of unpassionate play in terms of body language. The kind of language that tells fans he could be more, but he isn't...

8. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dunleavy kind of reminds me of a guy that can do consulting, but he can't really run his own business.</div>

I've never heard it put any better. That's the quote of the year thus far