Dan Gadzuric

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by magicfrankie, Dec 11, 2003.

1. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

Gadzuric had a great game last night vs the Warriors, he had 19 points on 9-13 shooting, 13 rebounds (including 5 offensive), 0 turnovers, 3 steals and 5 blocked shots. He played 32 minutes in the overtime win, making a couple of key plays in the 4th period. Both points and rebounds are career highs.
    He also had 5 fouls, which is his biggest problem, although he hasn't fouled out this season so far.
    It's good to see that Terry Porter shows some faith in him, because last year with George Karl he had a lot of DNP-CD's...
    I wonder if Porter is going to give him the starting center spot anytime soon, especially since he's clearly outperforming Daniel Santiago, their current starting center.

2. magicfrankie

wow... this Bucks forum is really dead isn?t it?

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Ya we have no Bucks fans that post alot. Good game by Gadz. I would rather start him than Santiago.

4. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kid Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">Ya we have no Bucks fans that post alot. Good game by Gadz. I would rather start him than Santiago.</div>
    [​IMG] , Santiago is a bench player, not a starter

5. magicfrankie

Gadzuric should be a little more consistent, but I guess that will take some time.
    Btw. did u guys see that steal followed by the breakaway jam against GS? Wow! I wonder if it will show up in the highlight reels this week!

6. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magicfrankie:</div><div class="quote_post">Gadzuric should be a little more consistent, but I guess that will take some time.
    </div>

I had a chance to see Gadzuric for a while at UCLA and he's very inconsistant. He'll put up and monster game every once in a while, but most of the time, he just disappears. I hope he's going to change that trend but I wouldn't hold my breath.

7. magicfrankie

What do you consider disappearing?

I think he should be able to average 12 pts and 8 rebs a game, in about 25-30 mins of playing time. If he can add a couple of blocks he'll have good value for the Bucks.

8. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magicfrankie:</div><div class="quote_post">What do you consider disappearing?</div>

What I mean is that he would have a game where he gets 23pts and 17 rbs. Then, the next game, he'll have 5 pts and 2rbs. Then the next game, he'll have 4pts and 5rbs. He would have a great game where he looks unstoppable, then the next few games, he would look like a bench player. This was his pattern when he was at UCLA. Like I said, I hope it's different now, but i wouldn't count on it.

btw, those numbers aren't actual numbers, they were just examples...I dont have the exact stats.

9. magicfrankie

Another nice win for the Bucks (106-99 vs Blazers), and another nice game by my man Dan Gadzuric:
    10 pts, 8 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals and 3 blocks in just 23 minutes of playing time. His stock is rising, but no starting role for him yet.

He's averaging 9.8 ppg, 7.5 rbg and 3.3 bpg in 25 mpg in 9 games in December so far, so he's doing great!

He now ranks #10 in the league in blocks per game (2.08).

10. magicfrankie

11. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

Gadzuric is the best big man this team has seen in a long time. Another great second round pick. I hope the Bucks can continue to find guys like Redd and Gadzuric in the next few years, even without Grunfeld.

Also, in our local paper, Gadzuric said if he had it his way, he would be a real offensive threat at the 5. But Porter wants him to play a more defensive role. I'm guessing by next year, Gadzuric will start at center, and he will take on a new role, which we have caught glimpses of during this season already. I'm so excited for this guy. I love his attitude. He takes this game seriously. I don't think I've even see him smile once so far this season.

And his best kept secret is that he can hit three pointers. Not college ones either. I hope Porter can be brave enough to let this guy play his game.

12. magicfrankie

How do you know he can shoot the three?
    During his college career at UCLA he attempted only one in 122 games, and missed...

13. notmuchgame

No way Gadzuric can shoot threes. He has one of the ugliest shots on the planet. Have you seen his freethrows?

I've watched Gadzuric since his freshman year at UCLA and I've never seen him hit a shot beyond 12 feet. It's just not his game.

His strength is his athleticism and quickness under the basket, and he should stick to that.

14. Milweskee

I attended a Bucks scrimmage, courtside, and he was the only one to hit the three pointers in the three point shotting contest, so yes he can. His shot looks no different than Tim Duncan's. His range is fine for the kind of player he is.

15. magicfrankie

Ok, but shooting 3's in a practice is easier than it is in a game... But I'm surprised he can do it, even in practice!

16. Milweskee

I understand that, but when he shot the perimeter shots they looked good. I'm sure if he had a Dirk Nowitzki-like role with this team he would be able to make perimeter shots consistently. It seems like he works on those shots, I'm sure it's for good reason. Next year his offensive game will dramatically increase. I know Porter will let him play to his capabilities next year and give him starting minutes. I hope Porter will let these players grow on the court and not keep them from being awesome players, like Karl did. Gadzuric could be an all-star someday. He has the potential, whether or not he can make perimeter shots. With the right people making plays and passing the ball in the paint, he can emerge as a power in the Eastern Conference at least. The Bucks still need to learn that centers can be scoring options too if you run good plays for them. It's Terry Porter's responsibility to come up with the x's and o's to get it done.