Danny Ainge

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Old Hoss, May 7, 2003.

1. Old Hoss

Old Hoss JBB JustBBall Member

According to ESPN, Dany Ainge has been offered the job Head of Basketball operations by the new owners of the Celtics. I would welcome Ainge with open arms if it meant getting rid of Chris Wallace.

2. TheTruth34

TheTruth34 JBB JustBBall Member

Great news!!!!!! Great news!!!!!!!!

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Ainge couldnt get rid of chris wallace if he wanted to and that i think is why hell decide not to sign with the team

4. Old Hoss

Ainge says nothing is finalized yet and will be talking to the owners again on Friday. They could hire him and if he does a lousy job, they could just bring in Ed Pinckney and Joe Kleine to kick his ass. P

5. olskoolfunktitude

i just dont see how this is oging to make a difference. i love ainge but were still stuck with chris wallace and still stuck with vin baker

6. TheTruth34

TheTruth34 JBB JustBBall Member

I think it was a very good move. The owners are making it there team. Plus I think Anige still has enough time to get ready for the draft.
    I have also heard that he doesn't like Walker to much, don't know if its true, but there could be some changes being made this offseason.
    Hopefully, it will be a very exciting and productive offseason.

7. snownation

snownation JBB JustBBall Member

they better hope they can trade walker, because they are never gonna do anything with him around, also they have nothing from the center position, and nothing from the point guard position, jr bremer is ok but i think he's more of just a decent back up for now. theyre one of my least favorite teams in the nba, theyre just boring to watch.

8. olskoolfunktitude

how are they boring to whatch? theyre the best comebacl team in the laegue and with all their threes theyre never out of a game. Pierce is easily the most exiting payer in the league. Bremer is ok yes but hes an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE!! hes wasnt supposed to be this good and hes going to get better. hell be one of the better poit guards in the league. as for walker , he had a bad series but the people who dislike him are bias and dont know a lot about basketball. In truth hes the leastr of their problems. hes a perrenial all star whos one of the 15-20 best players in the game. and one of the 5-10 most versatile. only a few players have a better chance than walker to get a tripple double on any given night.

9. Old Hoss

Sometimes it's the threes that make them boring. Walker's stock is dropping fast. Friday's game was proof positive that this team is a group that can qualify for the playoffs each year but will never go very deep.

It is said that Wallace has a contract and will remain in the organization, but with a lesser role....those toilets don't clean themselves, Chris. Well, actually they do!

10. olskoolfunktitude

they went very deep last year. Obviously they need a lot of changes starting with the exile of chris wallace bu honestly Hoss, Pierce isnt the kind of plyaer who will go his whole career without winning a championship.

11. Old Hoss

They were a better team last year. Teams are supposed to move forward each season and these guys didn't. That showed with the regular season record and it's showing in the playoffs. As of this posting, the Celtics are down three games to none to a team that I don't think is all that good, although I admit they're better than Boston.

You may be right about Pierce; it's just a question of whose uniform he'll be wearing. Hopefully Ainge will bring some of that Celtic Pride back as he always said that Red Auerbach was his mentor. A lot also depends on the new owners and whether Baker can be bought out, convinced to retire, giving Boston some cap relief.

If Boston loses 82 games next year, I'll remain a Celtic fan but I just can't remain quiet regarding their shortcomings. In other words, I'm willing to be patient and go through a total rebuild although I don't think things are at that point at this time.

12. olskoolfunktitude

hey im just as critical of the celtics as you. They were a dissapointment this season, but they still did bbetter come the playoffs than folks gave them credit for. I dont think the team was signicantly worse. i think pierce was and walker was. u have to assume theyll both bounce back next year. the team is worse with baker but theyre better without kenny anderson and JR Bremer will become one of the better point gaurds in the league or at the very least a legitament third scoring option. the most humiliating thing was losing to the nets. as long as we take a step forward next year though, we will beat them

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

So far he's off to a good start by extending O'Brien's contract by two years. If you want to be serious about winning you need to start with your coach and then take care of your stars and build around them and the coaches system.

14. Old Hoss

The coaches system seems to be built around the players and that needs to change real fast. Taking a lot of threes is fine if you can hit a good percentage of them but these 3 for 24 nights is making me watch the Home & Garden channel.... uh

15. olskoolfunktitude

i guess...cant argue with results tho. theyve won at lot more with these guys taking threes than they would have trying to run fast breaks and do inside jumpers.