Danny Fortson

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by sunsfan1357, Jul 20, 2003.

1. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

For some reason the Warriors enjoy payinig big men money to have them sit on the bench (see: Marc Jackson). I never liked the guy on the Warriors. He is a great rebounder no doubt, but he is limited offensively and doesn't seem to know it. He always put the teams offense out of synch by taking fifteen foot jumpers that he can occasionally make. What trades do you think are possible for the Warriors to get rid of Fortson?

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

fortson is an overrated rebounder. most of his rebounds come off shots he missed and stealing boards from teammates to pad his stats. the warriors head coach praised fortson last season for finally shutting his mouth and taking a backseat to troy murphy and jamison. he played very hard in the team practices and was a big part of troy murphy's success last year.

the warriors will have a tough time dealing him because of his ridiculous contract, unless they are willing to take on another ridiculous contract in return. maybe they can package him with j-rich or dunleavy, to get a solid point guard.

the best rumor i heard was fortson & welsch for lafrentz. dallas would get a player who can bang inside and the warriors get an expiring contract and a bigman who can shoot outside and provide weakside defense.

3. sunsfan1357

His contract (5 million a year, expires in the next season or two) isn't that bad considering other contracts out there for other big men in the league. I don't think a trade is that impossible, it's just a matter of packaging the right players with him.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

5. sunsfan1357

That's weird. I checked Insidehoops salary page and it has Fortson's contract expiring in 04-05 with a option after that. It didn't say how much longer it would be after he picks up the option. I guess his salary is too much for it, but trading for another big of a similar salary that can help the team more can't be that hard. I like the LaFrentz trade idea.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He has a terrible attuide...thats the thing why he won't play...he even said mid-season when he was rumoured to be traded

"i could less where i end even if i had to play for the bucks"

7. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

He should get some playing time. I remeber we almost traded Sean Marks and Alvin Williams for him thanks god Alvin failed the physical.

8. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">He has a terrible attuide...thats the thing why he won't play...he even said mid-season when he was rumoured to be traded

"i could less where i end even if i had to play for the bucks"</div>

bad attitude or not, if he leads the league in rebounds, who cares about attitude? Rodman also had a bad attitude...
    Not that I don't agree that they are benching him, but is it smart?