Darius Miles Traded To Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by knicks235, Jan 21, 2004.

1. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

darius miles is blazer(most likely)

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">KFAN 910: According to reports on KFAN AM910 the Portland Trail Blazers have acquired Darius Miles from the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Jeff McInnis Ruben Boumtje Boumtje </div>

looks like its done

2. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Do you have a link? While I like this deal I would rather keep mcinnis than get dmiles (boumtje boumtje is irrelevant). We don't need another Ruben Patterson, and that is the type of game that Dmiles would bring to our team.

3. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> <font face="arial,sans-serif"><font size="2"><font face="arial"><font size="4"> Blazers send McInnis, Boumtje-Boumtje to Cleveland for Miles </font></font>
    <font face="arial"><font size="2"> January 21, 2004 </font></font></font></font>

<font face="arial,sans-serif"><font size="2"><font face="arial"><font size="2">The Oregonian has learned the Blazers will hold a 3:30pm press conference today to announce they have traded Jeff McInnis and Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje to Cleveland for small forward Darius Miles. </font></font></font></font>

<font face="arial,sans-serif"><font size="2"><font face="arial"><font size="2">Miles, who is in his 4th season in the NBA, was the 3rd overall pick by the Clippers in the 2000 draft. </font></font></font></font>

<font face="arial,sans-serif"><font size="2"><font face="arial"><font size="2">An ultra-athletic swingman, Miles was averaging 8.9 ppg, 4.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 24.0 minutes per game in Cleveland. </font></font></font></font>

<font face="arial,sans-serif"><font size="2"><font face="arial"><font size="2">McInnis, who was recently demoted to the bench after the strong play of Derek Anderson, was reportedly in head coach Maurice Cheeks' doghouse after complaining about playing time.
    </font></font></font></font>

</div>
    That's from the Oregonian.. Yeah Miles hasnt proven to be what he was thought to be... I dont like this unless he actually does come out..

4. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

5. Trail_Blazer76

It would have been great to see Miles and Bonzi play together, but oh well.

Here's a link to the actual trade.
    Link

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think that this is Miles' shot to be someone, the rest of this year, and next year will prove if he can make it in th NBA

7. Clevefandan

Clevefandan JBB JustBBall Member

Not sure if this matters or not but Miles will be a free agent at the end of the year. I think Cleveland wanted to dump him for something because with LB here, Miles would have went somewhere else looking for more money..just my opinion. Hope he works out well for you guys, alot of fans here in Cleveland liked his energy alot..good luck

8. Blinger0723

Blinger0723 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Q Rich3:</div><div class="quote_post">I think that this is Miles' shot to be someone, the rest of this year, and next year will prove if he can make it in th NBA</div>

I doubt it this year. Because miles will see a-lot of time at the bench with rasheed and Zach hogging the minutes at the forwards spots better luck next year i guess.

9. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I think its pretty clear by now that Miles is destined to be a role player...It'll be interesting to see how he fits into Portland's agenda...

10. Trail_Blazer76

He could very well be our starting sg until DA is 100%. Before we were playing with two pgs (mouse and mcinnis).

11. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

Miles has a ridiculously inaccurate jumpshot; he can't play SG. He can be a slasher but he's extremely turnover-prone as well. He really doesn't have a position until he finds himself a work ethic.

12. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Jeff can play SG as well. Oh well. I was thinking tha Sheed will be the first one out of the team.

13. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Wow, this one took me by surprise. McInnis is a solid point guard, but I think Portland got the better end of this deal. I think this means that Rasheed is pretty much gone and Miles is his replacement. What would the starting lineup look like now?

14. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

good trade for Cleveland, they gave away a player that wasn't doing much in the first place for a solid point guard. Will Silas move Lebron and start Mcinnis? I hope so, I think Lebron would flourish at the shooting guard.

15. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Althought I don't think Miles is going to be Rasheed's replacement, I do think this has something to do with Rasheed being dealt soon. I still would have to believe that Darius can develope into the player everyone was expecting he would, as long as he works hard over the next summer. If he can solidify his outside jumper he can be a key player in the future for the Blazers.

16. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

This was a horrible trade for the blazers. Why would someone want Darius Miles? I didn't think the situation in Portland was that bad. All he can do is jump high and dunk. They don't need another big player, all they need is confidence and a vocal leader. They don't need someone who taps his head with his fists everytime they dunk.

17. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

After skipping practice and being a problem in Cleveland, it was only a matter of time before Darius was traded..and he got traded to the Blazers! He will fit in nicely. Just kidding! [​IMG]

18. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Its funny how a guy can go from having such to now people being angry about aquiring him on their team. If this kind of trade happened two years ago everyone would have thought the Blazers pulled off a great trade. I guess it doesn't help if his play only decreased year by year.

19. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not to sure if this trade will benifit the Blazers.

20. Trail_Blazer76

He was clearly a problem in Cleveland, so why did we pick up another trouble-maker? We got rid of Bonzi, and then we pick up the less talented DMiles?

I can see why Scottie hated the Blazer managment.