Darius Miles update (and not a great one)

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by CelticBalla32, Oct 25, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Darius Miles and his right knee will not be ready for the Trail Blazers' season opener next Wednesday, according to team President and general manager Steve Patterson, creating more uncertainty about the team's small forward position.</div>
    With D-Miles out, does this mean that Martell Webster could get the go starting at the 3? That's one option, or they could slide Roy to the 3 and bring Dixon back into the starting lineup. I would prefer Webster in there because he's bigger and he's a better defender than Dixon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Miles, who missed 34 consecutive games last season after undergoing minor arthroscopic surgery in December, was the last player to report to training camp this month, and he was overweight and out of condition. Upon his arrival, tests revealed the knee was 80 percent healthy, with a small amount of fluid around the kneecap.</div>
    Miles came in last, way to set an example Darius. :thumbdn1: Then to top it off, he came in overweight? I know it's hard to do much when your knee is blown, but he could have done something. Darius Miles has been such a dissapointment, not only to the Blazers, but to the NBA in general.

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Good chance he's traded sooner then later.

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Good chance he's traded sooner then later.</div>for what? a bag of potatoes and a fat paycheck? who the hell wants to take on an overweight, overpaid, overhyped, apathetic bust who still has $34 MIL left on his contract

4. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

This guy is such a waste of everyone's time. :no1:

5. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Yeah, I've been waiting all summer for news of a potential trade. Now I see why it didn't go down.

6. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Oct 25 2006, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>for what? a bag of potatoes and a fat paycheck? who the hell wants to take on an overweight, overpaid, overhyped, apathetic bust who still has $34 MIL left on his contract</div>Sounds like a contract the Knicks would pick up.

7. Nazr McWallace

Nazr McWallace BBW Member

Took the words right out of my mouth Pistonfan11 [​IMG]

8. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

That's funnny you guys mentioned that about the Knicks because I remember in the off-season there were some rumors floating around about Isaiah taking on D-Miles but they never accumulated into anything.

9. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

I don't know about the situation in Portland with miles except he has been nothing but trouble out there. I wish he could return to his LA Clippers days, he has the potential to but he needs to get his attitude right. I hate when guys come in out of shape and overweight, I think it's a complete slap in the face to that franchise. I hope he gets healthy and turn things around there.

10. CRaZy_KiCkz

CRaZy_KiCkz BBW Elite Member

he was putting up like 18 points and 8 boards or something like that before he got injured last season. why is everyone hating on him so much

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CRaZy_KiCkz @ Oct 29 2006, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>he was putting up like 18 points and 8 boards or something like that before he got injured last season. why is everyone hating on him so much</div>Yeah people make it out that hes a terrible player, hes a dick off the court, but playing wise hes very good. Hes a horrible shooter but still gets nearly 15ppg. And hes a great defensive player.

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz76 @ Oct 30 2006, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah people make it out that hes a terrible player, hes a dick off the court, but playing wise hes very good. Hes a horrible shooter but still gets nearly 15ppg. And hes a great defensive player.</div>
    Darius Miles is a great defensive player? :HAHAHA: You are joking, right? I hope. He's an average defender. He could have been a good defender but he doesn't work.

And why is everyone hating on him? Because he's a jerk and a huge waste of talent. With his body, athleticism, god-given talent, he should have been an All-Star 3-4 times by now. I mean think about it guys, you are acting like he's a really good player. He's not. He can't shoot at all, he doesn't work hard, he has off-court issues, he's a loser, he was a top 5 pick in 2000 and in his 6 years in the league he's already been on 3 different teams. He's a cancer and he doesn't work hard.

And yeah, he may have been getting 18/8 or whatever last year, but look at the team/organization he plays for. I have always liked Darius Miles, up until a couple years ago because of everything I mentioned in paragraph 2. Don't look at his stats and say he's good, his stats lie, especially considering the fact that he plays for the Blazers.

13. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

People make him out to be a really bad player. So what hes hasnt lived up to potential. I would rather have him than f*cking Jake Tsakalidias. Hes better than people give him credit for. Saying that, all the negative stuff you said about him is very true.

14. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>People make him out to be a really bad player.</div>Because he is a bad player, the guy walked off the court in the middle of the game and changed into his street clothes. If you were a young guy on that Blazers team (which they have PLENTY of) what kind of veteran (supposively...) player is that to have playing with you? He's a freakin loser, he's shown flashes of being great and in the games where he plays his ass off you can tell and he looks amazing. But that is few and far between and those games have been declining as each season goes on.