Darius Miles

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE, May 14, 2007.

1. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Any updates on Mr. Apathetic's injury? I know he was having reconstructive right knee surgery at the beginning of the year but I haven't heard a thing about how he's doing or anything like that. He had problems at the end of 05-06 and was pretty much kicked off the team for the remainder of the year. Does anyone even want the guy? He is still only 25 years old but he has done nothing spectacular so far in the NBA(He also has 3 years $28 MIL left on his contract). I've always had a small infatuation with Miles. He could be an absolute unbelievable forward. In 03-04 he ran the Celtics off the floor and completely dominated them, scoring 44 points and pulling down 15 boards. If he puts his mind to his game he can be a flat out dangerous player. But that rarely happens. Career numbers...412 G, 27.7 MPG10.6 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.9 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 2.11 TO, 47 FG%

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

This guy is loaded with talent its not even funny. With a horrible shot and a coach who didnt like him, he still got somehting like 14ppg the season before last. If he would straighten up and get a shot, he could be a allstar easily. Rudy Gay reminds me of him alot(used to like Miles pretty good), but with a better shot of course. I really wish he would straighten up cause hes got talent dripping off of him...just a horrible attitude towards the game.

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>This guy is loaded with talent its not even funny.</div>I know, even watching Durant with his ability to drive reminded me a little bit of Miles. I literally thought Miles was going to be the next great player in the league. There are few people with his size and speed that can penetrate the way he can. This guy is a classic example of just how important attitude is. You can have all the talent in the world but if you're not motivated it all goes to waste.

4. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Yeah, im not sure why, but I didnt even watch basketball like I did now, but I loved him in LA. I didnt know what it meant then, but I do now, but people were saying hes got talent to be the next Dominique Wilkens...and he does have that talent...just wont apply himself I guess.

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I have no update on the injury, but he'll never be the same player he was before he got hurt (which is an average starter in this league). He such a waste of talent, it's not even funny, like WTJ/austin have already said. I remember everybody talking about their predictions for breakout players of the upcoming year, and from 2001-2005, his name was mentioned every year and he never made big improvements. He's an idiot, he's an ***hole, and he's one of those players who don't deserve a dime but they get by on raw ability (and/or athleticism) alone. I hate that. I used to like Miles a little bit, but it's guys like him that make me scream "get rid of guaranteed contracts!!!"

6. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

I have his clippers swingman jersey. Everytime I wear it I always get a few laughs from NBA fans. [​IMG]

7. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Miles in LA was badass. He made some awesome plays there.

8. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

That whole team was badass. They were f*cking horrible record wise but they had Q-Rich, Keyon Dooling, Odom, Olowokandi, even Earl Boykins for a little while. I loved those Clippers teams of the early 2000's.

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Not to mention they were in Van Wildler...lol. I think they filmed that after all of them were traded though..not sure.

10. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

He will be back, I have FAITH. Mark it down.

11. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ May 15 2007, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That whole team was badass. They were f*cking horrible record wise but they had Q-Rich, Keyon Dooling, Odom, Olowokandi, even Earl Boykins for a little while. I loved those Clippers teams of the early 2000's.</div>
    At one point they had Elton Brand, Lamar Odom, Andre Miller, Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, and a young Michael Olowokandi on the same team... still sucked big time. That never made any sense to me.

12. Brando

Brando BBW Member

He was a monster in LA ever since he got traded to Cleveland he collapsed.....

13. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>At one point they had Elton Brand, Lamar Odom, Andre Miller, Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson, and a young Michael Olowokandi on the same team... still sucked big time. That never made any sense to me.</div>Kind of like the Celtics right now. A lot of good young talent but no direction.

14. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

The celtics arent as talented as they were then.

15. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The celtics arent as talented as they were then.</div>You took that way to literally

16. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

how am I not?

17. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

18. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Haha, boy do I remember D-Miles. The old days where D-Miles would do a slam and play with his head and act like he had horns. It was funny, that was back when Cleveland couldn't even buy a freaking win. But it all changed thanks to LeBron James. Anyway, I love seeing Miles play, hopefully everything goes good for him.