Darko predictions

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by olskoolfunktitude, Aug 23, 2003.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Im interested to see what people think Darko will do in his rookie season. He's on a contender so keep in mind his playing time will be very limited. Im thinking 6 and 4 will be good if shows potential to improve

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He won't be seeing too much minutes larry brown said...so I would think 9 and 6 numbers....But it really depends how many minutes he does play..It's hard to tell

3. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

6ppg and 3rpg seems realistic, I don't think he will get a lot of playing time.

4. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

yes 6 and 3 sounds right.

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

6 and 3 here as well, time and him getting used to the pushing/shoving will be problems.

6. beasly3

beasly3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">6 and 3 here as well, time and him getting used to the pushing/shoving will be problems.</div>

6 and 3? Are you guys crazy!!! He was the 2nd pick in the draft he will do alott better. more like 6.5 and 3.5! Idiots.

7. nikeyhead

nikeyhead JBB JustBBall Member

6 and 3 sounds right.....well see how he plays when he starts....hopefully a 10 pts average and 6 rebs in like 25 min.

8. Wanton

Wanton JBB JustBBall Member

Darko Expectations

Although Darko may start out with numbers like 6 and 3, I say he'll get more time at center as the season goes on and his numbers will improve. I'm betting on something more like 10 and 5 by the end of the season.

9. Tifo_AC

Tifo_AC JBB JustBBall Member

He needs self-confidence first, he needs to see how thing go in NBA...but for his rookie season I agree with numbers 6-3, but I'll never understand why Pistons picked him instead of Melo...anyways I excpect better games for Darko later - next season maybe

10. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

Okay TEll ME why Darko isn't getting any minutes...he's 2nd pick and I thought he would be good. But he doesn't play any night

11. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting drm2dnk:</div><div class="quote_post">Okay TEll ME why Darko isn't getting any minutes...he's 2nd pick and I thought he would be good. But he doesn't play any night</div>

<font color="Red"><font size="1">First, remove that sig, only pictures 468x100 are allowed.</font></font>

Darko is the youngest player player in the league, he was drafted as a project. Not playing now won't hurt him, not when he has Ben Wallace to try and score on everyday in practice.

Don't just look at it as he was the 2nd pick so he should be playing at the level of a LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, projects are drafted every year, so don't just look at it as a common 2nd pick.

12. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

This year Darko will ride the bench. He will learn a lot and he will never be able to contribute to the point that would make people think he is worthy of the number two pick...that is this year. In about, I don't know, five years or so, he will be something special. I haven't seen him play much, but I trust Joe D. If Joe is excited about this guy, so am I.

13. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

man poor guy missed a wide open dunk and still hasnt scored.

14. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

omg Darko looks worst than shawn bradley hahahha..if u saw what I saw today on espn highlights...0 pts 7 games..nice lil project goin on [​IMG]..he looks softer than muresan..He got stuffed by ilgauskus and he had an open dunk and hit the rim and missed..that's really funny..pistons regret not getting carmelo??

15. Waneko

Waneko JBB JustBBall Member

Man, Larry Brown better put a couple more links in the leash so Darko can reach the rim.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting drm2dnk:</div><div class="quote_post">omg Darko looks worst than shawn bradley hahahha..if u saw what I saw today on espn highlights...0 pts 7 games..nice lil project goin on [​IMG]..he looks softer than muresan..He got stuffed by ilgauskus and he had an open dunk and hit the rim and missed..that's really funny..pistons regret not getting carmelo??</div>

What part of 18 year old project don't you understand? this guy would still be in high school if he lived in the US.He is going to have the high's and low's throughout his career.Might as well get the low's over and done with now.I'm sure you are the same person who thought Dirk was a bust too [​IMG]

17. michiganjblog

michiganjblog JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">...I'm sure you are the same person who thought Dirk was a bust too [​IMG]</div>
    Exactly. I talk about this in more detail on my site (I won't shill it here - it's findable), but Brown has a rep for burying rookies (Magic Johnson himself would've been buying donuts, carrying bags and riding the pine in his first year on a Brown team) and Darko is no exception, apparently. He gives him meaningless minutes in decided games and wonders why he doesn't appear to give 100% effort. Last night was a perfect example - on the road, the guy drafted ahead of him on the bench with the win in hand, arena emptying - I can't imagine caring any less.

Yes, I realize he's a professional, being paid millions to do his best regardless of the circumstances. He's also a teenager, watching lesser players like Rebraca and Fowlkes get meaningful minutes in the middle of the game. It's going to affect him.

I'm so sick of the Darko/Carmelo comparisons. I've never rooted harder for a kid to make it than I am for Milicic. I don't care if it takes two, three or five years, I think he's going to be a player in the Nowitzki mold if given the chance. I just fear Brown may never give it to him.

18. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting drm2dnk:</div><div class="quote_post">pistons regret not getting carmelo??</div>

Compare Melo's stats to Tayshaun Prince's. No, they do not regret it.

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">but Brown has a rep for burying rookies (Magic Johnson himself would've been buying donuts, carrying bags and riding the pine in his first year on a Brown team)</div>

I continue to hear that rubbish,but what talented rookies or young talents has he not played? all the players people say who he left on the bench weren't ready or just simply were not up to standard.Two ways why you don't get court time in the NBA

1-You are a project that needs time to learn the game

Or

2-You are a basic role player who doesn't have what it takes to be an effective player, who gets beat up in practise.

Larry Brown has been known round the league as the best guy to develop young players.By teaching them the game of basketball and how to play in the NBA.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm so sick of the Darko/Carmelo comparisons</div>

I'm sick of it too.People still don't understand that Melo was always going to be able to produce straight away.Darko is a project who needs time to learn the game.A new setting..A new life style.He will take 3 years at least to show everyone his talents.

20. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">I continue to hear that rubbish,but what talented rookies or young talents has he not played? all the players people say who he left on the bench weren't ready or just simply were not up to standard.Two ways why you don't get court time in the NBA</div>

Matt Harpring.....