Darrent Williams Killed

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by 4THNLONGFELLOW, Jan 1, 2007.

1. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I heard this on the new before all the games began. A Tragedy. My condolences to his family.

Good to have you back 4th.

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

This is absoultly horrible. Williams was starting to be a great corner in this league, he had like 89 tackles and 4 INTs. I hope they find the killers in this drive by shooting and punish them severly.

4. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

5. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

wow... i cant believe something like this happened. what a tradegy. i'm kinda speechless, my condolences to his family has well and i hope they catch those assholes who did this

6. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow... i cant believe something like this happened. what a tradegy. i'm kinda speechless, my condolences to his family has well and i hope they catch those assholes who did this</div>
    We should likely be more suprised it doesn't happen more often. At least it wasn't another Rae Curruth/Ray Lewis/O.J. mess. When your league is filled with fatherless thugs this kind of thing is bound to happen. Notice we don't see this in the NHL?

7. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

such a tragedy.. i am suprised it was a bronco and not a bengal..

8. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

It sucks to hear stuff like this in the news. I just hope the Broncos organization, his family, and friends find whoever did this and punish them. Were there any witnesses?

9. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Gosh that sucks, My prayers go out to his friends and family, this just lets ya know that regardless of who you are, no one is invincible.

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Just heard a report on NFL Network. It's believed he died right by Javon Walker. I guess they were at a party at Carmelo Anthony's house. Got into an argument with some gang and then left for Allen Iverson's party. On the way there the gang followed them and then fired shots. That's what Adam Schefner reported but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I wish his family well because from what I read recently and in the past when he attended Oklahoma State he seemed like a good guy.

11. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Like I said earlier, hanging at Carmelo Anthony's or Allen Iverson's isn't want I'd call good judgement. Ya think there might be thugs with guns at their houses? :stupid:

12. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>Like I said earlier, hanging at Carmelo Anthony's or Allen Iverson's isn't want I'd call good judgement. Ya think there might be thugs with guns at their houses? :stupid:</div>
    Maurice Clarett had a few in his car.

13. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow... i cant believe something like this happened. what a tradegy. i'm kinda speechless, my condolences to his family has well and i hope they catch those assholes who did this</div>
    We should likely be more suprised it doesn't happen more often. At least it wasn't another Rae Curruth/Ray Lewis/O.J. mess. When your league is filled with fatherless thugs this kind of thing is bound to happen. Notice we don't see this in the NHL?</div>
    zachman from all the things i've heard is that Darrent Williams isnt a thug he was sitting in his limo and a person came up next to the limo and shot into it... not sure how its William's fault.

14. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow... i cant believe something like this happened. what a tradegy. i'm kinda speechless, my condolences to his family has well and i hope they catch those assholes who did this</div>
    We should likely be more suprised it doesn't happen more often. At least it wasn't another Rae Curruth/Ray Lewis/O.J. mess. When your league is filled with fatherless thugs this kind of thing is bound to happen. Notice we don't see this in the NHL?</div>
    zachman from all the things i've heard is that Darrent Williams isnt a thug he was sitting in his limo and a person came up next to the limo and shot into it... not sure how its William's fault.</div>
    It wasn't Williams fault. It's also not poor judgement to choose to hang out with multimillion dollar professionals on a holiday. Who knew that the murderer(s) were within one to two degrees of separation from anyone? Not knowing much about any of the athletes who invite me to their party, I would assume that the evening will turn out uneventful, and not involve murder. There is just too much for them to lose if they sensed that something bad was about to go down. These athletes hold huge parties all the time, and of course, we only get to hear about the most extreme cases. My advice to those who fear getting murdered, stay indoors on New Years Eve and don't go out. Anytime you leave your comfort zone, anything and everything can happen to you, including getting shot (less likely) or possibly ran over by a drunk driver on any given street (more likely).

What I am sure of, is never to let my daughter babysit for Mark Chmura or Mike Tyson.

15. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>such a tragedy.. i am suprised it was a bronco and not a bengal..</div>
    A Bengals player is more likely to be the shooter than the victim....we should wait and see what the investigation reveals....Bengals players may be invlolved after all....

16. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow... i cant believe something like this happened. what a tradegy. i'm kinda speechless, my condolences to his family has well and i hope they catch those assholes who did this</div>
    +1 for Zackman, even though it was a bit harsh. When will Football and Basketball players realize.

Nightclubs = bad

Its ridiculous, anyone with a brain would observe the amount of professional athletes that get in trouble at night clubs or strip joints.

17. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow... i cant believe something like this happened. what a tradegy. i'm kinda speechless, my condolences to his family has well and i hope they catch those assholes who did this</div>
    +1 for Zackman, even though it was a bit harsh. When will Football and Basketball players realize.

Nightclubs = bad

Its ridiculous, anyone with a brain would observe the amount of professional athletes that get in trouble at night clubs or strip joints.</div>
    Sweeping generalization? Trying to paint a picture on a 3x3 canvas using a roller instead of a brush?

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Not every nightclub is bad, but some people are definitely bad.

Anyone with a brain would observe that most of our adult population in America, whether they are athletes or not, go to nightclubs every week. In our country, drinking is legal in designated, licensed public places, like nightclubs. The vast majority of the time, there is never an arguement, fight, or shooting involved. Occasionally, bad things happen to good people. That's why there are cops. When athletes are involved, at the scene, or somehow close to anything criminal, their name gets splattered across every news source in a matter of minutes. Whether or not they were at fault is irrelevant, they are still tagged by the media just because they are rich and famous, and were in proximity to a crime. It's remarkable how everyone's first knee-jerk reaction is to somehow place blame on them, even though they had nothing to do with it. Even people who otherwise never drink alcohol, will do so on New Years Eve, at a nightclub, with their friends. This is a bad thing?

18. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Javon Walker was in the Vehicle with him, he reportedly died in his arms...

Javon is said to be in counseling now, i cant imagine how the teammates and family are feeling right now.

19. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

They say Williams was shot in the neck but I wonder what the actual COD was? I assume it would be either exsanguination or a severed spinal cord. Either way, it sucks and I feel bad for him, his family, and the entire NFL community. From what I read he was a pretty cool guy who didn't get into trouble and that he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

20. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bengals players may be invlolved after all....</div>
    Oh wow, talk about a shit storm.