Event David Quinn press conference

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by cagedlion, May 24, 2018.

1. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

No nonsense guy. Knows defense, very knowledgeable.

It’s about f’kin’ time for this organization to break from decades of retreads.

Wish him the best.......and I’m sure he will deliver.

Now let’s see how Gorton handles this draft.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see who his assistants are. I saw Capuano mentioned as a possibility as they are longtime friends.

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Gorton in the last draft and with his deadline deals was clearly sending a message that the team had too many players that were easy to play against.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Hope he builds it like he did the bruins. I cringe whenever I see sather hovering around. Wish he would go back to edmonton. Leave gorton alone to build this team.

5. Ranger71

Hey if he's as good as his alter ego Sullivan's been so far we'll be in good shape.:cool: Got a bigger mountain to climb though. Interesting with the Tkachuk/BU connection but I don't know if I'd deal other 2 1sts to go get him. I'd rather maybe use the 2nds to move up a spot or two if they like someone.

6. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Sather does leave Gorton alone. He says nothing now. Loved what Gorton and this new coach are preaching. Physical play matters. If you can do it, then do it. If it's not your game, then don't try and do something you suck at. I would love Tkachuk. However, I would not give up the other 2 first rounders. If I could use Staal, Skjei, Namestnikov or Spooner to move up plus our 9th then yes. I would obviously love to keep Skjei. However, acquring Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov gives them options. The farm is still light so those first and second rounders are needed. I still have high hopes for Gropp. I love Fontaine on the 4th line going forward. People are lost on that kid. He's a winner and he's clutch. He would have had more offensive on the Pack if the team didn't suck around him.

7. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I would go the opposite way on that. I would much rather keep 9 also and deal 26 and 28 (and a later pick) and maybe an RFA to be like Spooner or Name to move to # 5 or # 7 with Zona or Vancouver.

Who knows what will happen, but the one thing I can almost 100% promise you is we will not be making all 7 of our picks in rounds 1-3. To me most likely scenario is move something to get into the 12-15 range and then have two top 12-15 picks.

8. Ranger71

Wonder if Weight becomes an Asst. candidate.