Debate discussion.

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by nba dogmatist, Aug 12, 2006.

1. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

if you weren't assigned to a certain debate, but you want to talk about it, say it here. I think the marion/Brand comparison is awful.

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I think the Isiah or Larry Brown comparison is stupid. Of course the Knicks are going to play better with Isiah. Isiah was the one that made that team, and he won't keep Stephon Marbury on a leash like Larry did. He wont try to make the Knicks play fundamental basketball, he'll let them play like they want to, and they will win more games.

3. lakersfoelyfe

lakersfoelyfe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Aug 12 2006, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you weren't assigned to a certain debate, but you want to talk about it, say it here. I think the marion/Brand comparison is awful.</div> :g: why is that ???

4. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

bc Brand is obviously the superior player.

5. lakersfoelyfe

lakersfoelyfe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Aug 12 2006, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the Isiah or Larry Brown comparison is stupid. Of course the Knicks are going to play better with Isiah. Isiah was the one that made that team, and he won't keep Stephon Marbury on a leash like Larry did. He wont try to make the Knicks play fundamental basketball, he'll let them play like they want to, and they will win more games.</div> :g: first thing's first; who is the better coach, second it's easier to say that isiah is a better fit coz we've all seen larry brown failed. if this topic was asked a yr. ago i doubt any of u will be saying any this...........why, coz larry brown is a better coach overall & he wasn't given a chance to make this team better. if u guys think isiah is more fit for this job..........how come i didn't hear any complaining last year when they hired larry brown, all i heard was larry brown is our saviour, this and that. Third, the question is who will they be better off, not who will they play harder for.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Aug 12 2006, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>bc Brand is obviously the superior player.</div> :g: Agree 100% elton brand is, but i don't think it's a bad comparison.

6. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

The Brown vs. Isiah debate shouldn't even be debatable. It is Larry Brown HANDS DOWN. Isiah and Dolan didn't do their homework on Brown's past... I would easily pick apart somebody arguing that Isiah is better for the Knicks, but I don't want to start rambling on and give somebody a great argument that they will use in that debate... It just sucks that I don't have the time to actually participate in the debate tournament. Oh well... I'm a judge.

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

What would happen if two people agree in these debates?

8. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Aug 12 2006, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What would happen if two people agree in these debates?</div>I imagine the one with the better support for their claim would win. :dunno:

9. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lakersfoelyfe @ Aug 12 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:g: first thing's first; who is the better coach, second it's easier to say that isiah is a better fit coz we've all seen larry brown failed. if this topic was asked a yr. ago i doubt any of u will be saying any this...........why, coz larry brown is a better coach overall & he wasn't given a chance to make this team better. if u guys think isiah is more fit for this job..........how come i didn't hear any complaining last year when they hired larry brown, all i heard was larry brown is our saviour, this and that. Third, the question is who will they be better off, not who will they play harder for. :g: Agree 100% elton brand is, but i don't think it's a bad comparison.</div>hahaha, you really like the :g: emoticon. [​IMG]

10. lakersfoelyfe

lakersfoelyfe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Aug 12 2006, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hahaha, you really like the :g: emoticon. [​IMG]</div> :beerchug: first :g: emotion i've learned...........llol

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Here are my predictions for those that have started so far. I'm not sure what something-to-say will put up with the argument against clangus but clangus's argument was purely statistical had barely any non-statistical factors in it, so Something-to-Say might take that. As for Dogmatist and Rashad that is close although I have my own personal opinion on this matter this debate seems to be the closest first round match up, both bringing up good points. PF11 and The Okie's is another close one that has started, not really any comment on it yet.

12. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Aug 13 2006, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you weren't assigned to a certain debate, but you want to talk about it, say it here. I think the marion/Brand comparison is awful.</div>i think so too, but sts is a suns fan - he has seen the suns all year - he prob study every min of every game - and he lists marion as his fav player. I follow the sonics- dont see the clips very often.I Dont have a real bias for brand. Gives him some advantage as i will have to stay un-emotional.

13. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Aug 13 2006, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Here are my predictions for those that have started so far. I'm not sure what something-to-say will put up with the argument against clangus but clangus's argument was purely statistical had barely any non-statistical factors in it, so Something-to-Say might take that. As for Dogmatist and Rashad that is close although I have my own personal opinion on this matter this debate seems to be the closest first round match up, both bringing up good points. PF11 and The Okie's is another close one that has started, not really any comment on it yet.</div>Drunk prediction: I am going to kick your ass in a debate, GArenas. :dribble:

14. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Aug 13 2006, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Drunk prediction: I am going to kick your ass in a debate, GArenas. :dribble:</div>yeah arenas your going down :HAHAHA: :yahoo: rofl

15. melo

melo Magic

Brand/marion comparision is horrible and i mean horrible. If sts actually comes up with marion being better i will shoot him.Oh, and larry brown is the best x and o's coaches. Give him the right players even if there mediocre, no starts and he'll take them somewhere. Did it with the clips and sixers.

16. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

I don't really know how to answer my question, (which conference is more talented). Should I argue which one has a broader range of talent or which conference has the most talented players. Like, the west has the players with the most talent, but the East has more players with talent.

17. Hang Eleven

Hang Eleven BBW Elite Member

Well, I'm just glad this started. Meaning no offense to my opponenent, but I'm confident I can advance to the second round.By the way, Tony, is cutting sarcasm allowed in our debates? Sarcasm might or might not be classified as insulting

18. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

i know lol im sure i'll lose ^^

19. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

Let me get some feedback on me and Okie's debate...

20. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I agree with everything that my opponnent said....i dont know where to go on from there. I need a new topic already....EDIT: I found some stuff to argue with so forget that last statement.