Dee Brown: "I thought it was over"

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Midnight Green, May 21, 2007.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Dee Brown: "I thought it was over"

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Dee Brown thought it was the end of his career.When Mehmet Okur landed on Brown's neck after going for a rebound in Game 2 of the playoff series against the Golden State Warriors, Brown heard a pop and he thought that was the last game he would ever play. "I thought it was over," Brown said. "I'm just blessed to be able to play again."

Brown went to the hospital right after it happened but later learned he suffered no serious injury. Brown's first game back was Game 5, when he helped the Jazz finish off their series against the Warriors.

When he got into the game at 3:37 of the first quarter to replace Derek Fisher - both Fisher and Deron Williams had two personal fouls at the time - he was welcomed with a standing ovation by the 19,000-plus fans at EnergySolutions Arena that night.

Right before he was replaced by Williams in the second quarter, Brown broke up what could have been a Golden State fast-break play. When he left the game, he again received a standing ovation. </div>

Read More...

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

I'm confident the Jazz will try to keep Dee Brown in Utah next season. It wasn't until late in the season that he finally got some meaningful minutes with consistency, but when he got them he generally didn't dissapoint the Jazz, although his shooting could've been better. He doesn't complain, Sloan and the fans like him, and when called upon he's proven to be fairly reliable.

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?