Defense OK

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by kcgsc, Jul 11, 2004.

1. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

The other night I watched the 2002 and 2003 team yearbooks on the 49ers and they have a pretty darn good defense. I guess I hadn't realized how well they were doing on that side of the ball. I still think they will finish last in the division (maybe in the league). Losing Garcia, Owens, Stokes and Hearst was just too much defection imo. I just wanted to point out that I had noticed a bright spot for them to build on.

2. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

there defense is a good one, but i think they relied too much on there offense for that to matter

3. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Were they really that good? I'm of the opinion that a defense alone can bring a team to the playoffs. Just look at the Ravens in their superbowl year...they had no offense. In fact, wasn't that they year that they went several games without scoring a touchdown?

4. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Ya they did but they had a nasty running game all year not just a couple games from barlow and i gaurentee they were double digits on the + side of the turnover ratio. If you remember dilfer was pretty stingy with the ball that year. though the 49ners have a good defense they aren't a dominating defense IMO. Seem to give up just enough to lose.

5. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I did name the post "Defense OK", not "Defense Dominant". I just hadn't realized that they were as good as they are...that's all.

6. Pats37

I hear ya KC I was just pointing it out because of the ? "Were they really that good".

7. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

i just feel sorry for Julian Peterson. I think in a few years he is going to be a force

8. Pats37

he already is a force just on a bad team.

9. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

49ers lost too much on the offensive side to even care about the defense, also another good player is Ahmed Plummer the CB hes a great player, Peterson is very good too