Denver @ Portland game preview

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by purpleb0n9, Apr 2, 2005.

1. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Since there's no preview here on this game, I'll post mine

<div align="center">

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    <font color="blue">Denver Nuggets (40-31)</font> @ <font color="red">Portland Trail Blazers (24-47)</font>

Time: Sat, Apr. 2, 2005, 10:00 P.M. Eastern Time
    TV: NBALP
    Place: Rose Garden, Portland, OR

---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ballers: <font color="blue">Marcus Camby</font> ( C), <font color="blue">Nene</font> (PF), <font color="blue">Carmelo Anthony</font> (SF), <font color="blue">DerMarr Johnson</font> (SG), <font color="blue">Andre Miller</font> (PG)

Top bench baller: <font color="blue">Earl Boykins</font>

Coach: <font color="blue">George Karl</font> (23-6, first season with Nuggets)

---

[​IMG]

Ballers: <font color="red">Joel Przybilla</font> ( C), <font color="red">Shareef Abdur Rahim</font> (PF), <font color="red">Darius Miles</font> (SF), <font color="red">Damon Stoudamire</font> (SG), <font color="red">Sebastian Telfair</font> (PG)

Top bench baller: <font color="red">Travis Outlaw</font>

Coach: <font color="red">Kevin Pritchard</font> (2-13 as interim coach)

<font size="5"><font color="blue">Top</font> <font color="gold">Ballers</font>:</font>

[​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="blue">Andre Miller: 23 pts, 9 assists, 2 steals.</font>
    <font color="red">Damon Stoudamire: 28 pts, 4 rebounds, 5 assists.</font>

<font size="5">purpleb0n9's <font color="Blue">Team</font> <font color="Gold">Analysis</font>:</font>

- <font color="blue">D</font><font color="gold">N</font>: Camby was great for them against the Spurs. He was everywhere, making plays after plays, blocking shots, jumping into passing lanes, rebounding, passing, even knocking down jumpers. If he could repeat that performance again it would be hard for the Nuggets to lose this game. The key for them is to pressure rookie point guard Sebastian Telfair into rushing passes and shots, just to generally mess up their plays. They did a good job defending the Spurs' outside shooting, which was just 5 of 23. They must do it again in this game as Portland (5th with .372 3PT%) actually shoots better percentage from behind the arc than San Antonio (10th with .360 3PT%).

<font color="red">- Portland:</font> They have to stay in front of the Nuggets for all four quarters. Each player will have their specific role against their Nugget player: box out Camby, double team Nene, play Melo straight up, etc. If Portland is serious about winning this one, they should consider playing full court pressure defense that will slow Denver's running game and hopefully lead to ruining their rhythm. But I'm guessing the management is more concerned about bringing the kids (Sebastian, Travis) slowly than winning, which is not a bad thing at all but makes my analysis pointless.

<font size="5">purpleb0n9's <font color="Blue">Predict</font><font color="Gold">ion</font>:</font>

Too bad the Nuggets won't be going to Las Vegas after this game. It would have been a sweet reward for getting what the coach challenged them to do. They are on a roll, and it helps that they lost to the Blazers the last time they met here... they have to avenge that loss, which is a simple but effective motivation. The Nuggets will have their most blowout win of the season, 126-89.</div>

2. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

no offense but i think the blazers have a chance. considdering that they played against the Sonics last night and it went down to the wire.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Nuggets will have their most blowout win of the season, 126-89.
    </div>
    not to be mean or anything but this is coming from a guy with a mello sig and avatar. (although you got me there to. i got blazers sigs and avatars)

i would like to know how you made the line up thing with the court though. its cool [​IMG]

3. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

just find your fave court on the web and mess round with photoshop [​IMG]