Denver-T'Wolves-Game-4!

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Melo-#15, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Melo-#15

Melo-#15 JBB JustBBall Member

Ok..We had a big win yestreday..This win will no doubt give the nuggets a lot of confidence...And hopefully put MORE pressure n the wolves..If the nuggets can play their ball and run?...Then i believe we can take this series...We just have to stay focused..And play evrery game like its our last...If we have this mentality...I believe we can win this series..But lets not get to complacent or ahead of ourselves..You can bet money that the wolves will come out tough in game 4....We must play with that passion..heart..and intesity and fire every night and we can win..What are your thoughts/predctions on this??

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

That game was so bad....I guess neither of our teams are really use to the playoffs. For after all when it gets there, it's a whole new ball game. You guys played really well and took advantage of our bad play. You guys need to take advantage of Olokowandi and Sczerbiak if you're to beat us. Olokowandi is doing many stupid fouls and was being very clumsy. And well....Sczerbiak has a bad temper, take advantage of his arrogance. Make him try to do the fancy play.

Defense has always really been the key to surviving in the entire western conference, not really the whole league. You literally have to have a defense against defense. There's safety in numbers, attack the basket quickly and strongly, always have at least 2 men protecting the other man, screening will do just that. Hoiberg, KG, Hassell and Sam I Am will kill you if you're all alone or are insufficient and lacking in the paint. Next is, shut us down. That's what'll net you the win if you even hope of winning the next one. Congratulations by the way, your team's really been doing well this season, who knows maybe you can win again.

3. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

Marcus Camby killed the Nuggets on Saturday, IMO. His trashtalking is going to make KG go and score 40 points tomorrow.

4. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Ok, we'll see. [​IMG]

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KG is the MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">Marcus Camby killed the Nuggets on Saturday, IMO. His trashtalking is going to make KG go and score 40 points tomorrow.</div>

What he did to poor Cassell....that was inexcuseable.

6. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Melo-#15:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok..We had a big win yestreday..This win will no doubt give the nuggets a lot of confidence...And hopefully put MORE pressure n the wolves..If the nuggets can play their ball and run?...Then i believe we can take this series...We just have to stay focused..And play evrery game like its our last...If we have this mentality...I believe we can win this series..But lets not get to complacent or ahead of ourselves..You can bet money that the wolves will come out tough in game 4....We must play with that passion..heart..and intesity and fire every night and we can win..What are your thoughts/predctions on this??</div>

I agree with that, if the Nuggets can play their run and gun and ball pressure game on our homefloor, we have a good chance of evening the series. I will not go far as to say that we are going to take the series, we have to take one game at a time and see it from there. Although inexperienced as one unit in the playoffs, the Nuggets should not get complacent because some of the experienced guys like Voshon, Jon Barry, and Marcus Camby know what it takes to stay focused. We have to remember that the Timberwolves are also hungry to clinch their first ever first round win. But if the Nuggets stay focused and play their game, I believe the game will go to Game 7.

7. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

This is a big game for the T-Wolves,if the T-Wolves win this game they will probally win the series, but if the Nuggets win I think the series will go into 7 games.It all depends on how the T-Wolves backcourt performs both Cassel and Spree have to play good for them to win on the road, another big factor for the rest of this series is the T-Wolves bench,with the loss of Wally the bench will need to step up.

8. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

This is do or die for the Nuggets. So far they have been hanging in there due to a great start by Lenard and Boykins.

I'm rooting for the Nuggets to pull this one out.

9. cArMeLo15

36-36 at halftime. Not exactly the most exciting game, very scrappy. Lenard had a quick start, and as usual Boykins played spectacular. BTW, want to know how much Minny misses Wally and Troy?

Cassell, Sprewell, Garnett: 10-23, 28 points
    Rest of the team: 3-8, 8 points

Even if Minnesota beats us this round, they wouldn't get by Sac-Town with all these injuries.

10. Rudeezy

Lenard for 3!!!! He is 6/6 from beyond the arc and we have ourselves a one point ball game with a minute to go!

This is playoff basketball at its finest!

-----------------------------

11. cArMeLo15

Heartbraking, absolutely heartbraking. We should've called a TO. Instead, Bzdelik put it the guards hands to do whatever they want and we lost. [​IMG] Carmelo and Nene had absolutely pitiful games. Oh well, this years playoffs experience will make it's due's for them in the future.

12. Rudeezy

Well Minesota closed this one out in the end, barely. I am getting sick of watching this Timberwolves team. They are barely getting by the 8th seeded team and they think they are champions already. They are a bunch of cocky SOB's and I hope the Kings humble them in the next round.

What was up with Spreewell getting in Barry's face at the end of the game. You won the damn game, go to your locker room. Spreewell has shown over the years that he has absolutely no class whatsoever and I can't wait to see him eliminated in yet another playoff series.

13. cArMeLo15

Well, it was a close one. If we can go to Minnesota and play the same style of the ''in your face'' defence, and get our offence rolling, we can pull it out in Minny, though it will be tough.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

Man, I really thought Denver would take this one, I like both teams but I wanted Denver to win, they're just playing so well. It's really good that with Melo going 1-16 they were still able to keep it close.

Their's 2 things, Minny is either not playing well, or Denver is a really good 8th seed.
    Denver will be a scary team in the coming years if they can add more pieces and keep their core together, but they will might be losing Camby and need a replacement for him.
    I don't know whats wrong with Minnesotta but playing like this they'll be out second round for sure, ah well.

15. cArMeLo15

Word. I mean, Carmelo was grabbing rebounds like there was no tomorrow in that first half. And he played great D, but his offence just stunk tonight. Also, going 9-15 from the free throw line(I think thats what it was) came back to bite us in the ass tonight.

16. Rudeezy

I have one question: Why didn't the Nuggets coach give the ball to Boykins on the last drawn up play? Miller is a pretty good offensive player but everyone knows that no one can keep up with Boykins quickness. He is a fourth quarter player. He could have penetrated and dished out to a 3 point shooter like Lenard, who happened to be 6 for 6 from beyond the arc.

17. cArMeLo15

Bzdelik didn't even call a timeout. He just ran the open offence for the last play which was a bad move IMO.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cArMeLo15:</div><div class="quote_post">Heartbraking, absolutely heartbraking. We should've called a TO. Instead, Bzdelik put it the guards hands to do whatever they want and we lost. [​IMG] Carmelo and Nene had absolutely pitiful games. Oh well, this years playoffs experience will make it's due's for them in the future.</div>

It was a heartbreaker for the Nuggets, but you have to give credit to the TWolves for controlling the game and forcing Denver into a half-court set down the stretch. The TWolves showed a lot of resolve, by answering every run the Nuggets made and overcoming the Denver fans. I know a lot of the fans in Denver were getting flashbacks of the last time they came in as an 8th seed and upset the Seattle Sonics. The images of Mutombo grasping the ball lying on the ground, and Robert Pack's facial dunk. It was a great game, but the better team won, despite Sprewell going from hero to almost goat in a matter of two plays.

I think the Nuggets made a bad decision on their final possession. I don't think Miller had the confidence to take the final shot, and should have called a timeout instead of forcing a terrible shot and barely drawing rim. This was a good learning experience for the young Nuggets, and they will fight again in Minnesota, but you have to like what the future holds for the Nuggets. They still have a lot of cap room to make one or two more moves to improve their half court attack.

From Minnesota's point of view, they have to be worried with their inconsistency on offense. They survived a scare and an off night by the Nuggets's offense, mainly Carmelo (1-16 shooting). They won't get the same breaks playing against powerhouse offensive teams like the Kings and Mavs.

19. cArMeLo15

Yes, the Wolves were very lucky that Carmelo had a bad game, or the result would've been different.

20. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I don't know whats wrong with Minnesotta but playing like this they'll be out second round for sure, ah well.</div>

I think its because of them playing in the Mile High City. The big three during the regular season had some of their worst games playing in Denver. I think that it just happen to laps over to the playoffs with the execption of KG. I want to see how Sam Cassell & Spree perform on friday. 1) because they need to end this series. I dont think they wont to go back to Denver after the stunt Spree pulled. 2) the Wolves are only going to go as far as the big three takes them.