Derek Fisher Wants To Be A Knick?

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by knicksfan3, Jul 4, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Fisher has interest in coming to KnicksWednesday, July 04, 2007BY DAVID WALDSTEINStar-Ledger StaffWhen the Knicks acquired Zach Randolph last week they welcomed in one of the more troubled players in the NBA. Now they have a chance to get one of the league's good guys.Derek Fisher, who was released by the Jazz in order to take better care of his ill daughter, would love to play in New York, where little Tatum has been receiving treatments for retinoblastoma.His agent, Mark Bartelstein, spoke to Knicks assistant general manager Glen Grunwald yesterday about the possibility, which is probably a bit remote.The Knicks have 17 players on the roster and are stocked at guard, but for Fisher it would be the perfect match."It's all very preliminary," said Bartelstein, one of this summer's busiest representatives, with a dozen free-agent clients. "Obviously, Derek would have a lot of interest in New York."Bartelstein said his client plans on playing next season, and a return to the Lakers, where he could be a starter, is probably a stronger possibility than the Knicks.But if the Knicks make some moves and open up space, Fisher would welcome the opportunity to play in the same city where his daughter is receiving care.</div>I'd love to have Fisher in NY if we could fit him in, he'd bring a lot of class and respect to this organization, something we greatly lack. Just not sure if things can be worked out quick enough to where we could sign him.

2. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

I don't see too much into this. Fisher is a class act, and Thomas seems to be wanting to make this team a thuggish less-disciplined franchise with no team chemistry. Fisher would just ruin all that the Knicks have been working on.

3. Eli*

Eli* BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jul 4 2007, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see too much into this. Fisher is a class act, and Thomas seems to be wanting to make this team a thuggish less-disciplined franchise with no team chemistry. Fisher would just ruin all that the Knicks have been working on.</div>You really should become a comedian.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eli* @ Jul 4 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You really should become a comedian.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]</div>Ok, jerk, I'm just stating the obvious...

5. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Id move Dickau because from his interview he doesn't want to be here most people say because its in public, "Oh Yeah I am def. excited to play here this year." He said he found it disappointing to be here. Move him and make some room for D-Fish. D-Fish has consistent 3pt shooting which we need.

6. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

It doesn't really make sense that he would sign with any team IMO. He's going to be on the road half his games, how does that make him close to his daughter.

7. crazyirishboy24

crazyirishboy24 BBW Member

I would take him he is a great player and just so he can be in New York for his daughter

8. DJeter2

DJeter2 BBW Member

I would take him the knicks need someone like him

9. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJeter2 @ Jul 5 2007, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would take him the knicks need someone like him</div>Agreed...He would add some actual leadership to the locker room.

10. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

^^ Agreed but he could want more money to support his daughter and plus the hospitals in NY are great and woould benefit his daughter.