Derek Fisher

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mel JBB, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

if there's one thing that splits laker fans in half its this....derek fisher, love him or hate him? and why?

i love him. fisher knows his role and he executes it very well. his role is to set up the triangle offense, make the entry pass to shaq, and hit the open 3 to keep the defense honest. he doesn't run the fast break very well, he doesn't average 9 assists, he can't create his own shot...but on this laker team, he doesn't have to because its not his role. besides, the triangle offense doesn't require a true PG.

if you compared fisher to other traditional PGs...he sucks. but if you look at what he has to do on THIS team, he's pretty good.

2. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

HE SUCKS!!!HE SUCKS!! HE SUCKS!!! HE SUCKS!!!! HE SUCKS!!!!

I HATE HIM!!!!

In 2001 playoffs he was great but that was the only time I liked him.
    I hate him!!
    He is the worst defender in the whole league,he can't play defense,only reasons why he got the rings are Kobe and Shaq!!

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Fisher has not been the same since his foot surgeries. I hate Fisher right now and I feel he is a weak link for hte Lakers. When you look at older games of Fisher he moved his feet a lot more on defense and was a lot better about running through screens. Now Fish relies on flopping and reaching instead of playing solid defense. This complete breaks down the Lakers on defense and forces cheap fouls on the interior Laker players. He is also giving up a lot of open 3's and gets eaten up on any pick set on him.

On offense he needs to take a few steps in from the 3pt line. Fisher is a lot more effective from about 16 feet away. I don't think he has the explosiveness in his legs anymore to launch 3pt shots. He always undershooting them. I'd really like to see the Lakers get rid of Fish and upgrade at the PG position. He's just going to get progressively worse.

4. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

very good points. i forgot to analyze his defense.

i have definitely noticed his defense has slipped since foot surgery. if the lakers get rid of him, i hope they get a solid PG in return.

man, i miss ty lue.

5. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

I believe that Tyronne could do a better job in LA than in DC. He can create his own shot, play defense (2001 Finals), and can shoot the three sometimes.

6. lakaile

lakaile JBB JustBBall Member

Fish

I agree with shapecity. Fish takes a beating running into so many picks. If he thought is foot was a little messed up, his head is going to be if he keeps it up. The past couple games Fish has been doin' alright, still not the best he could do. The one thing that bothers me is the fact that his moments come too late or way too early. I liked Lue in the playoffs, he did some pretty good D on Iverson. But, to answer the question, I gotta leave it at I love his shot, high arc madness, but I hate the way he's playing right now.

LUUUUUUEEEEEE

7. dtruth

dtruth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "LaBballFan":</div><div class="quote_post">HE SUCKS!!!HE SUCKS!! HE SUCKS!!! HE SUCKS!!!! HE SUCKS!!!!

I HATE HIM!!!!

In 2001 playoffs he was great but that was the only time I liked him.
    I hate him!!
    He is the worst defender in the whole league,he can't play defense,only reasons why he got the rings are Kobe and Shaq!!</div>

I agree

8. lakaile

lakaile JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers vs. Houston

I don't care what kind of negatives anyone brings up about Fishdog, just look at his performance vs. Houston tonight. He is a smart offensive player, and was sticking to Francis on D. So, watch out guys Fish is breakin' off the ice. 8)

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Fish finally had a solid game. The key was he wasn't forcing 3's, and he took it to the hole. That And1 at the end of the game iced for us.

Speaking of doing the little things, Mad-Dog brought a lot of energy.

Kobe, yet another quite 52 points. He's playing so well, we will all be disappointed when he only gets 30.

Great win for the Lakers, the Suns are in our sites.

10. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

I hate fisher. I dont know why I just do.

11. dtruth

dtruth JBB JustBBall Member

all i can say is, its about time. and how about maddog, he's been dunking!! gotta love his hustle. Kobe's just in a zone even with his injury.
    i still dont like fisher though [​IMG]

12. snownation

snownation JBB JustBBall Member

fisher isnt gonna be traded for tyronn lue, and i hate fisher but he's better than lue, who i dont like either, they both act so cocky for being short, bad guards, especially lue, who i could crush with my pinky. i dont know what washington is doing starting lue instead of larry hughes, and then not playing juan dixon at all most games, despite the fact that b4 he got hurt he had been playing rrrreally well, id be really disappointed if i was him cause when he got hurt it cost him big time!

13. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

the Lakers should have kept Lue.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

to be fair fisher has played pretty well the last few games..got 16 points 7 assists v jazz.